Need some help please..

wave316

I just got off the phone with coach Rodney Rowe of Shelby Valley KY. Coach Rowe wants to do our second Battle of the Border senior basketball games with boys and girls between VA.versus Ky. Last year with the help of seniors Tennis Simon and Ethan Mills of George Wythe we were able to beat a talented KY team at Shelby Valley. However the following night we got beat in Va. We also split the girls games also. This year Coach Rowe would like to do the games in April rather than June. If you guys could select the top 10 senior boys and girls of Southwest Va. who would they be? Any input would be appreciated. The Kentucky boys team will have a couple of seniors from Shelby Valley. Shelby Valley is ranked fifth in the state of Kentucky. This years VA. team will need to be extremely good.

They main reason Shelby Valley is 5th in the state in KY is still a Junior, however.....

I'd think you need to look at Twin Valley, Graham, Marion, Council ( im sure adams from Shelby Valley will be in it and he's pretty big so Otto could help), Appalachia....

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Simpson From Twin Valley, Otto Fletcher from Council

On the girls side Lorran Evans, Kayla Gordon and Kelsey Additon of Castlewood have combined to score over 3,500 points over the past 4 years would be 3 good ones. Also Paige Tiller of Honaker is the best post player in Southwest VA. Stephanie Cornett of Council and Chesea Cluseman of Lee High are also two of the best.

Simpson From Twin Valley, Otto Fletcher from Council

you took the words right outta my mouth.. simpson and fletcher.. i know fletcher would be chompin at the bit to get back on the floor.. he still lacks bout 20 points from scorin his thousand.. and even if it wasnt in a regular season or tournament game.. 1000 pts is 1000 pts.. especially with only 2 yrs on the varsity squad..

JASON PALMER of Graham hands down the best post in the district this year and one of the top scorers in the district as well.

I like Jason Palmer, but there's another Jason who has stepped it up towards the end of the year, and has outhustled much bigger kids in the post. That's Jason Dotson. Brock Hannah is a decent PG as well.

you gotta get jason plamer though. hes an extremley hard worker and im sure he would love to play some more basketball

Brandon Pauley...for sure..purest shooter ive ever played with or seen around here.

Just wondering...What are you considering SWVA and what are they considering Eastern KY?

Well,, last year for Southwest Va. we had players from Wythe County, Dickenson County, Lee County, Wise County,and Scott County. Eastern Ky was Pike County, Letcher County. Some KY. players I am not sure their county in which their school resides. I have got to see Otto Fletcher play this year and he is a force under the basket. I nicknamed him Otto-matic,lol.Tillee Anderson from Gate City would probably be a good player to check into also. Ryan Meade from Castlewood is also very good. Tennis Simon from George Wythe ,who played last year ,was perhaps the best high school basketball player I have got to watch. :)

On the girls side Lorran Evans, Kayla Gordon and Kelsey Additon of Castlewood have combined to score over 3,500 points over the past 4 years would be 3 good ones. Also Paige Tiller of Honaker is the best post player in Southwest VA. Stephanie Cornett of Council and Chesea Cluseman of Lee High are also two of the best.

Ive spoken to Lorrens family. I believe she will play:)

JASON PALMER of Graham hands down the best post in the district this year and one of the top scorers in the district as well.

How did Graham do this year overall, did they have a successful season?

Colby would be an interesting choice as one of the Shelby Valley players (Ashley Hatfield) was actually his childhood best friend back in Phelps, Kentucky at Phelps Elementary!

Who did Colby play for?

Definitely Andrew Adkins of Coeburn. He scored over 2,000 points in his career and broke the Coeburn all-time scoring record.

Andrew would be great but he is having knee surgery after the season