Grundy to go Single A in 2010

GrundyWinsAll

We WOULD need a waiver to drop for 2010 - it's the middle of a cycle and we requested to stay AA for the cycle. Don't see it happening.

We didn't miss any deadline... we first said we wanted to drop, then we said we want to stay AA. Deadline for 2011 isn't here yet.

BUT.... it's also possible we could withdraw from the SWD. That's a whole other can of worms... what would the VHSL do with us? Contract buy-outs, etc.

Dropping to for Fall 2010 just doesn't work for me.

I THINK we are saying the same thing.....It is my understanding that it is to late to drop this fall 09 or next fall 10 but 11 would be wide open.

Filling a football schedule for 2010 would be next to impossable (since most teams go on 2 year contracts)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filling a football schedule for 2010 would be next to impossable (since most teams go on 2 year contracts)

which is what i was saying earlier, but some seem to think it will be a walk in the park...i tend to differ.

which is what i was saying earlier, but some seem to think it will be a walk in the park...i tend to differ.

To be 100% understood Makeing a football schedule mid cycle(2010) IMHO CAN"T be done but should not be a huge problem come 2011 and the start of a new cycle

To be 100% understood Makeing a football schedule mid cycle(2010) IMHO CAN"T be done but should not be a huge problem come 2011 and the start of a new cycle

mid cycle would be nearly impossible unless you just lucked up and found someone who needed a game and was open the same weeks you were...and would probably have to travel out of state to do so.

on the next cycle would be easier to do...but Grundy will still have problems finding games for the various reasons pointed out elsewhere in this thread...they already have these problems so it's not like that is going to change just by going to A level...I think it makes it harder because you are still pulling from the same amount of local teams, but at A level you are going to have some of those teams who will not want to play you because of the playoff points involved....and you will see some of the games that have been played for years and years go away...that to me is sad....where as if the VHSL did an alignment going in to the next cycle as everyone seems to think they will, then you might have seen the core of the SWD teams stay together.

that's just my opinion.

Guest Hokie

haha I do not agree with that. What you are not puttin in consideration that we do have Wva, Ky, Tenn all right around us. And to top it all off they are more Double A Schools closer to us in those states than whats in virginia pretty much. So if you want to stack your playoff points play some of those double A schools. In those states it pretty much doesnt matter as much if they play smaller schools like it does in Va, So if your still wanting your double A schools then there you go. Your acting like its going to be impossible, It will not be impossible if someone in the coaching staff would get off his rear end and make some phone calls! Anyways after the first contract cycle it should be a breeze.

Edited by Hokie

This is crazy. The Voice said the board asked the school to apply to go A for ... 2009-2010 !!! by 4/1. Those board members sure have got a set, And they don't have a clue, if that's correct.

Getting games for 2010 if we drop the SWD teams wouldn't be impossible, but extremely complicated. KY & WV will be starting new 2-year cycles, and if River View opens, another VA team or 2 should have schedule adjustments to make, too (unfortunately, they'll prob. be BDD teams).

haha I do not agree with that. What you are not puttin in consideration that we do have Wva, Ky, Tenn all right around us. And to top it all off they are more Double A Schools closer to us in those states than whats in virginia pretty much. So if you want to stack your playoff points play some of those double A schools. In those states it pretty much doesnt matter as much if they play smaller schools like it does in Va, So if your still wanting your double A schools then there you go. Your acting like its going to be impossible, It will not be impossible if someone in the coaching staff would get off his rear end and make some phone calls! Anyways after the first contract cycle it should be a breeze.

you have no clue...if you think that the coaches are just sitting around and are too lazy to schedule a game, and honestly believe that...then you are just lost in this conversation.

Guest Hokie
you have no clue...if you think that the coaches are just sitting around and are too lazy to schedule a game, and honestly believe that...then you are just lost in this conversation.

HAHA Buddy Im no more lost in this convo than you are God of this website. Your telling me out of the 100-150 or more high schools in a 3-4 hour drive (same as Grundy going to CC) that they cant get 6 teams to finish their non district? Then your the lost one here my friend.

Edited by Hokie

HAHA Buddy Im no more lost in this convo than you are God of this website. Your telling me out of the 100-150 or more high schools in a 3-4 hour drive (same as Grundy going to CC) that they cant get 6 teams to finish their non district? Then your the lost one here my friend.

do you want to go back to being banned? i guess so...lol.

Guest Cliffhanger
do you want to go back to being banned? i guess so...lol.

Give me a reason why you can ban me for that? I only argued a correct point. Are you afraid to be wrong about somthing? Its merly my opinion and I do believe is a correct opinion, you should argue that point with me other than take a cowards way and ban me everytime I confront you on a subject.. and let me tell you somthing (and I know this will get me banned) I dont give a crap how many times you ban me for being correct becasue I will create another account and continue to argue about it! And Lance have you got it through your damn head that your nothing but a wuss... Banning me proves nothing other than your scared to argue with me. And get it through that DUMBASS head of yours that banning me does nothing haha all I have to do is go back and make another name.. Lord god you idiot do you think its so hard to do? I mean come on you jackass its easier to create a account on this website than it is trying to cook something to eat lol... 3 mins and I have a new name.. woooo hoooo how freaking hard is that to do?

Edited by Cliffhanger

Give me a reason why you can ban me for that? I only argued a correct point. Are you afraid to be wrong about somthing? Its merly my opinion and I do believe is a correct opinion, you should argue that point with me other than take a cowards way and ban me everytime I confront you on a subject.. and let me tell you somthing (and I know this will get me banned) I dont give a crap how many times you ban me for being correct becasue I will create another account and continue to argue about it!!!

takes me 2 seconds to ban you ...how long does it take to create an account? lol.

see ya later kido.

Give me a reason why you can ban me for that? I only argued a correct point. Are you afraid to be wrong about somthing? Its merly my opinion and I do believe is a correct opinion, you should argue that point with me other than take a cowards way and ban me everytime I confront you on a subject.. and let me tell you somthing (and I know this will get me banned) I dont give a crap how many times you ban me for being correct becasue I will create another account and continue to argue about it! And Lance have you got it through your damn head that your nothing but a wuss... Banning me proves nothing other than your scared to argue with me. And get it through that DUMBASS head of yours that banning me does nothing haha all I have to do is go back and make another name.. Lord god you idiot do you think its so hard to do? I mean come on you jackass its easier to create a account on this website than it is trying to cook something to eat lol... 3 mins and I have a new name.. woooo hoooo how freaking hard is that to do?

how many times do you have to edit what you say...lol.

thanks for the entertainment...lol...i changed the registration options around for you a little...have fun with that....lol.