BDD vs SWD All Star Game this Wed.

bucfan64

Guest Hokie
Will feature both girls and boys game.

Event begins at 5:00 pm with a youth game, followed by the All Star Girls game followed by the boys game.

Richlands Middle School Gym

Im going to have to say that the BDD will put a hurtin on the SWD in this All Star game. That is if the BDD wants to lol too many great players in the BDD for SWD to keep up.

Guest Hokie
Im sure not all the players from each district will be playing so whichever team wins its hard to say that they have the better district

I didnt think about that... A very good point

Only seniors will be involved in the games.

Like Jason Palmer from graham.

I believe Richlands has 3 players (Keene, lawrence, ?) along with Tazewell. (taxley, pauley, ?)

Probably Stephens from grundy.

Not sure about Abingdon and Marion.

if this was simply a BDD vs. SWD game.. BDD would absolutely dominate.. bucfan you need to set up an all BDD vs All SWD game.. bringin in kids like, Smith and Shortridge from TV.. the coopers and blankenship from hurley, davis and murphy from honaker, and travis viers from council and fleming from haysi.. those 8 along with the seniors.. would be ridiculous.. and this would finally answer who is the stronger district..

did the guys have to make the practices to play? I was supposed to play but obviously i can't get to the 2 practices they had in graham and richlands on mon. and tues., I didn't know about the one in graham til 3:30 the day of... and richlands is well over 2 hours away from where I live... just wondering if I could still play? although probably no one knows here

did the guys have to make the practices to play? I was supposed to play but obviously i can't get to the 2 practices they had in graham and richlands on mon. and tues., I didn't know about the one in graham til 3:30 the day of... and richlands is well over 2 hours away from where I live... just wondering if I could still play? although probably no one knows here

6:15 RMS come play

Question: Will players be wearing their own team uniform, an all-star uniform... or is it just not that formal and they wear whatever? I'm thinking about shooting it but the paper won't use the pictures if the players aren't in uniform.

6:15 RMS come play

The boys game is last and probably won't start until around 8ish.

Got a youth league game at 5ish.

Then the girls game follows that.

So gas up your yugo and make the 2+ hour journey from shatkazacstan and ball up!

The boys game is last and probably won't start until around 8ish.

Got a youth league game at 5ish.

Then the girls game follows that.

So gas up your yugo and make the 2+ hour journey from shatkazacstan and ball up![/QUOte

6:15 is what time the boys players have to be there

The boys game was excellent! 70 - 70 with seconds to go! The best part of all was watching all these great players having such a good time as teammates! I would definitely consider that evening a success and I hope they continue to do this in the future! Great game SWVA players! It could have went either way!

SWD lead 70-65 with around 2 minutes to play.

Then went stone cold and never scored again. Including missing 3 front end of 1 and 1's.

Definitely gave the game away. The trio from twin valley played excellent all game long.

#24 from Abingdon had a great game for the swd.

It's really neat how something like this gets organized. I wish the Hogo had something like that with a neighboring district. The CMD, MED, or TRD would be interesting. Actually the LPD might be more of an interesting matchup for the Hogo but they are quite far apart.

Hyden leads BDD by SWD

By LLOYD COMBS

for the Daily Telegraph

RICHLANDS, Va. — All-Star games are supposed to be fun. How much fun was this one? The losing team was dancing to the music as they walked off the floor.

Holly Hyden pumped in 22 points to lead the Black-Diamond District All-Stars to a 62-44 win over the Southwest District All-Star girls in the inaugural BDD-SWD All-Star Clash Wednesday night at Richlands Middle School.

The BDD ended the game with a flurry. They outscored the SWD 11-2 at the end of third quarter and 32-10 at the end of the game.

The SWD had the advantage most of the first half. Led by Tazewell post Brittney Muncy, the Southwest built a 20-12 lead just before halftime. Muncy finished with 11 points and 18 rebounds and seemed to be having the most fun of all of the All-Stars.

“It was a lot of fun out there,†Muncy said. “It was great to get to play with all your old rivals and get to know them. Getting to play with them on the same team was awesome.â€

Hyden led the more athletic BDD squad. The Haysi guard scored 15 of her points in the second half and added seven rebounds and three steals.

“We all know each other pretty well and we all play pretty much the same style, especially on defense,†Hyden said. “Once I got going, it felt pretty good out there and my shots started to fall.â€

Haley Arrington added 14 points, four assists and four steals, while Council teammate Stephanie Cornett scored 10 points for the BDD. Twin Valley’s Sydney Gilbert added eight points.

“These girls had all played together a lot and that helps,†Council and BDD head coach Ben Jackson said. “Holly Hyden did a great job, she’s one of the best athletes I’ve ever coached or coached against.â€

Grundy’s Ashley Riley added 10 points and Mary Alden Jones of Carroll County scored seven points for the SWD.

“It was interesting to see the girls play together for the first time,†said SWD coach Tracy Raban of Graham. “We didn’t get to practice, but we got a great effort out of all of the girls.

“It was an honor to get to coach these kids in this first All-Star game and to get to know their different personalities. They’re all great kids.â€

The BDD boys defeated the SWD boys 73-70 in a game completed just before press time.

The eight-man Black Diamond District was led by Twin Valley’s Hunter Simpson with 24 points, while Council’s Otto Fletcher added 20.

The 15-man SWD was paced by Colby Hunt of Abingdon with 20 points. Tazewell’s T.J. Taxley added nine points and eight boards, while Bulldogs’ teammate Brandon Pauley tossed in eight.

Graham’s Jason Palmer was held to two points, but the SWD player of the year did pull down seven rebounds.

More on the boys game in Friday’s Daily Telegraph.

BLACK DIAMOND

Hyden 7 5-8 22, Arrington 6 2-2 14, Cornett 4 2-4 10, Gilbert 3 1-3 8, Mullins 2 0-2 5, Presley 0 3-6 3. Totals

SOUTHWEST

Muncy 3 5-8 11, Hill 0 0-0 0, Vencill 1 0-0 3, M. Jones 2 2-2 7, K. Jones 2 0-0 5, Thorpe 2 1-2 5, Bowman 1 2-2 4, Riley 4 1-1 10. Totals

Black Diamond.............................7 11 22 22 — 62

Southwest...................................12 8 13 11 — 44

3-Point Goals — Black Diamond 5 (Hyden 3, Gilbert 1, Mullins 1). Southwest 4 (Vencill 1, M. Jones 1, K. Jones 1, Riley 1).

Life has many choices---eternity two