A Video

Ryan4VT

Hey. Just bored and figured I put a copy of the video of my band Torque's song Leech. Its about our guitarist that dosnt sings ex. Terrible relationship. Not the greatest recording of us. If you like it our Myspace is http://www.myspace.com/swvatorque

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54973662

Not bad...there's potential there. Started out a little shaky but got really strong towards the end...I'll credit that to nerves. That song reminded very much of a Deftones' song..."Change (In The House of Flies)". Anyone in your group "influenced" by the Deftones??? What other bands have helped "mold" your music???

Yes. Mr. Whitt is our singer. lol. Corey Short plays drums. And for Gman. The Deftones are our biggest influence. We use alot of the same structures as the Deftones such as the Bar 7 and 9 chords. The beginning was shaky, yes. This was our 2nd song and we were playing in front of 100-150 people. We have never played in front of a crow that big. lol. Ill put some more up as soon as I get them. We are playing in the Big Mamas battle of the bands in Seymour TN and they do a professional live DVD recording of ever band. So that will be awesome. We are also in the process of getting Framing Hanley to come play with us in Abingdon on August 1st. That will be awesome. I think they said the last time they played in Johnson City they drew 900+ people.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I was surprised honestly, i didnt expect to like it all that much, but I enjoyed it.

The Deftones are good, but if you guys want to become great, model your work after this guy... (Not a Rickroll, if it is im a liberal lol)

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I was surprised honestly, i didnt expect to like it all that much, but I enjoyed it.

The Deftones are good, but if you guys want to become great, model your work after this guy... (Not a Rickroll, if it is im a liberal lol)

Must...resist...the...urge...to edit!!

**BTW, I didn't really edit your post. It only says I did because I accidentally hit the "edit" button instead of the "quote" button, and didn't realize until I had already hit submit. I do that all the time.

Thanks for the comments guys. We are getting ready to go in the studio to record our first full length album and I was just seeing what other people thought. We will be playing at the Rock-It in Bluefield Friday May 8th if you want to come catch us. Its small but at least they pay lol.

And for Gman. The Deftones are our biggest influence. We use alot of the same structures as the Deftones such as the Bar 7 and 9 chords.

Man! Did I call it or what!!!

Just because I wasn't a "band geek" doesn't mean I don't know anything about music...LOL...

Just the other day, my cousin introduced me to music from a group called Kasabian. When she asked me what I thought, I told her they reminded me of The Stone Roses, only a little "heavier". She was like "you're not going to believe this, Stone Roses was one of their main influences". I guess I've got an ear for things like that.

Thanks for the comments guys. We are getting ready to go in the studio to record our first full length album and I was just seeing what other people thought. We will be playing at the Rock-It in Bluefield Friday May 8th if you want to come catch us. Its small but at least they pay lol.

Good luck with it! Have fun with it!

Man! Did I call it or what!!!

Just because I wasn't a "band geek" doesn't mean I don't know anything about music...LOL...

Just the other day, my cousin introduced me to music from a group called Kasabian. When she asked me what I thought, I told her they reminded me of The Stone Roses, only a little "heavier". She was like "you're not going to believe this, Stone Roses was one of their main influences". I guess I've got an ear for things like that.

You called the hell outta that one lol. The Deftones and Tool are our biggest musical influences. But its really weird what is on all our iPods. Joe is a Metal Head, stuff like Manson, Slayer, Tool, Deftones, Pantera, and his favorite band is ACDC. Corey is Country/ Alt. Rock, such as Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, Shinedown. Jon is a classic rock guy. And I listen to mostly Screamo/Alt Metal. And we all come together to play the kind of music we do lol.

BTW, we all are Trombonists.