West Virginia University lands recruit

Guest BEAVERTAIL

There is no argument. No need to respond to you.

I mean seriously, take off the glasses.

But this is what I will say, he holds the completion record for the FBS. He holds all the records for passing at TEXAS, a school known for success and great players.

And yes Pat White holds the record for rushing, but I mean, for most teams thats like a WR with the record for most passing yards. And rushing QBs have only gotten popular lately.

I really dont know why we are arguing this. It is so stupid. And Rufus? the comment? Makes no sense. Poor attempt.

Have fun thrashing around about how great PW is and Colt isnt. Ill be laughing. So will everyone else who knows anything about college football and isnt wearing the blue/gold glasses.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no argument. No need to respond to you.

I mean seriously, take off the glasses.

But this is what I will say, he holds the completion record for the FBS. He holds all the records for passing at TEXAS, a school known for success and great players.

And yes Pat White holds the record for rushing, but I mean, for most teams thats like a WR with the record for most passing yards. And rushing QBs have only gotten popular lately.

I really dont know why we are arguing this. It is so stupid. And Rufus? the comment? Makes no sense. Poor attempt.

Have fun thrashing around about how great PW is and Colt isnt. Ill be laughing. So will everyone else who knows anything about college football and isnt wearing the blue/gold glasses.

Here we go with the " I don't have anything better to say.....so I'll just be an idiot" replies. Running QBs have been around a while and yes with the invention of the spread offense, they have gotten more popular as of late. He did what his offense was designed to do. He did it better than anyone doing the same thing. I admitted Colt was a very good QB. The two are very different QBs. Hard to compare. White was better at what he was supposed to do and Colt was better at throwing. IMO, PW was a better winner, runner, and leader. Colt was very good at all he did, but had PW in the throwing department. Colt still has some time to surpass him in accomplishments. If he does, great for him.

You can't compare the passing vs. running aspects because it's two different aspects of their games.

I don't find it unbelievable that you are complaining / whining again over my opinion of PW. I actually expected it. You need to take off the anti blue and gold glasses and find some that allow you to see clearly. I never said Colt wasn't good. Go back and read. I just felt PW was better for above mentioned reasons. So laugh all you wish, I'm just feeling sorry for you. Mainly because you think you know something about college football or then again you think you know everything about everything. It's OK, you are entitled to an opinion just like I am, but you start the stupid crap! You just can't take it when it comes your way. It's kind of like the little kid on playground that always gets his way at home and when he doesn't on the playground, he cries instead of standing up for himself or what he believes in.

Don't cry over Rufus or your little picture, just replying to yours. Once again, don't give it if you can't take it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Fine, you want an argument, I have never turned one down, just so you know you brought it on yourself. I would also like to note you never used one stat in the above.

Also, if ANY WVU fan, or anyone thinks PW is better than Colt McCoy, I would love to hear it.

Lets Begin.

Freshman Year- Colt McCoy.

1. Set record for most passing TDs as a Freshman.

2. Set record for most passing TDs in a game (6).

3. National Freshman of the Year

4. Big 12 Freshman of the Year.

5. Alamo Bowl MVP

6. First Freshman QB in UT history to win 10 games.

7. Set UT's freshman single-season mark with 2,570 pass yards and 2,740 total yards.

8. Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the year (Done by the AP).

9. All American Player of the Week, twice.

10. All American Freshman Team.

Freshman Year- PW.

1. Went 10-1

2. Freshman All American 1st team.

3. Set Big East Record for rushing for a QB.

4. BE player of the week.

Colt McCoy - Sophomore Year.

1. Holliday Bowl MVP.

2. Won 10 games again.

*Maybe a down year, but wait.

PW - Sophomore.

1. BE Offensive POY

2. First Team BE

3. Gator Bowl MVP

4. Set WVU record for most TDs rushing, by a QB.

Colt McCoy Junior.

1. Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year

2. Chevrolet NCAA Offensive Player of the Year

3. Archie Griffin Award winner (Touchdown Club)

4. Sporting News Co-Player of the Year

5. Second Team All American (AP)

6. Runner up in the Heisman, closest race ever. (Beat out PW by a HUGE margin)

7. First Team All American (SI, WCF, CFWA)

8. Big 12 POY (AP)

9. Fiesta Bowl MVP

10. National POTW, 3x.

11. DESTROYED the completion record. Could have went 0-20 in his last game and still held it.

12. National QB of the week, 3x.

13. Set record for most passing yards at UT, in a career. He has a year left.

14. Led the team in rushing. (This shows he did not have all kinds of talent, and the offense was 1 dimensional, making it harder to throw.

15. Broke Vince Young's Record of TDs in a season.

16. Set the record for most passing yards in a season at UT

17. Big 12 POTW, 3x.

18. Career Passing TD (UT) record was broken.

19. Set BCS record for most completions in a BCS bowl game.

20. UT record holder for completions...

Ill stop there. Im tired. There are plenty more.

PW Junior and Senior.

1. BE Offensive POY (Junior)

2. Fiesta Bowl MVP

3. Car care Bowl MVP

4. All BE, both years.

5. Set record for most rushing yards in the NCAA.

6. BE POTW 4x.

Now, hope that is enough for you. And while you might say well PW has won more games, he has only won 2 more. McCoy plays in a stronger conference and has accumulated a 32-7 record. (PW 34-8).McCoy has another year as well. McCoy is also undefeated in bowl games, so there goes your argument there, which I know you will try.

Yes, Pat White accomplished a lot of things at WVU. But he NEVER was a NCAA All American. He NEVER finished in the top 5 of the Heisman race. McCoy has done all of that. McCoy may should have been the Heisman Winner last year.

I dont know what else to say? I mean really.

You left one.

Pat White won Alabama's "athlete of the year" two years in a row.

I do think McCoy was a better overall player. But i'm just curious as to why/how somebody can be wrong on a opinionated question?

Yes, you have shown facts. But it's not something that can be proven wrong or right. It's simply opinion.

Fine, you want an argument, I have never turned one down, just so you know you brought it on yourself. I would also like to note you never used one stat in the above.

Also, if ANY WVU fan, or anyone thinks PW is better than Colt McCoy, I would love to hear it.

Now, hope that is enough for you. And while you might say well PW has won more games, he has only won 2 more. McCoy plays in a stronger conference and has accumulated a 32-7 record. (PW 34-8).McCoy has another year as well. McCoy is also undefeated in bowl games, so there goes your argument there, which I know you will try.

Yes, Pat White accomplished a lot of things at WVU. But he NEVER was a NCAA All American. He NEVER finished in the top 5 of the Heisman race. McCoy has done all of that. McCoy may should have been the Heisman Winner last year.

I dont know what else to say? I mean really.

Colt McCoy

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2006 217 318 2570 68.2 8.08 72 29 7 14 161.82

2007 276 424 3303 65.1 7.79 62 22 18 24 139.16

2008 332 433 3859 76.7 8.91 91 34 8 24 173.75

Passing:9732 TDs:85 Int:33 Rushing:1241 TDs:17

Total yds: 10973 TDs: 102

Pat White

PAT WHITE STATS Passing Rushing

Statistics Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rating Att Yds Avg TD

2008 274 180 65.7 1,842 21 7 142.3 191 974 5.1 8

2007 216 144 66.7 1,724 14 4 151.4 197 1,335 6.8 14

2006 179 118 65.9 1,655 13 7 159.7 165 1,219 7.4 18

2005 114 65 57.0 828 8 5 132.4 131 952 7.3 7

Career 783 507 64.8 6,049 56 23 147.4 684 4,480 6.5 47

Passing:6049 yds TDs:56 Int:23 Rushing: 4480yds TDs: 47

Total yds:10529 TDs: 103

I agree that McCoy is a great QB....never questioned that. He has also put up huge stats in three years. We can't say anything about maybe he should have been this or that. He wasn't. End of discussion there. McCoy started all three years including redshirt freshman year. Pat White didn't start until Adam Bednarik was injured after the first 4 games or so of the season. Comp % only 5 pts separate for career. PW 10-3 vs. top 25. Colt 6-3 as far as I could find. Stats............yds / tds sure you win.

PW awards / accomplishments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_White_(football_player)

CM awards / accomplishments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_McCoy

Bowl games PW 4-0 named MVP of 3,

Sugar- beat UGA by 3 *BCS

Gator- beat GT by by 3

Fiesta- beat OU by 20*BCS

Meineke- beat UNC by 1

CM 3-0 2 offensive player of the games

Alamo beat Iowa by 2

Holiday beat up ASU

Fiesta beat OSU by 3 *BCS

PW has him in bowl games / MVPs....of course CM has one year to make up for it. But will he?

But are stats the only thing that makes a QB good or great?

Pat White did have some pretty good talent around him, however nothing like what walks through the doors at Texas. I FEEL that he has done more with less in his career than McCoy. I feel that he has taken his team on his back and won when needed. I know injury has come to both of them at times and yes it has hurt their teams. Nevertheless, PW has wanted to reenter a game after injury aka USF for instance and was told no by the med staff. I have seen both of these players play and think they are both great kids and QBs. I KNOW they are very different in their style of play and that makes them hard to compare. There are characteristic traits of QBs that are irreplacable. I just feel that PW has a certain something that very few college players have. It's beyond just leadership and determination. TO ME.......I would be lucky to have either on my team, but I would never trade the four years Pat has had at WVU for 4 years of McCoy at WVU. You can call it dumb, blue gold glasses bs , or whatever makes you feel good about yourself, it's just my opinion.

Rocks is correct in asking how someone can be wrong in opinion, but this is common for you.

You left one.

Pat White won Alabama's "athlete of the year" two years in a row.

I do think McCoy was a better overall player. But i'm just curious as to why/how somebody can be wrong on a opinionated question?

Yes, you have shown facts. But it's not something that can be proven wrong or right. It's simply opinion.

Well said sir. I agree and have never said that McCoy wasn't a great player. Just didn't agree that McCoy was flat out "better" than Pat White. 2 very different players.

IMO, PW was a better winner, runner, and leader.

WOW! Really??? Really????? you wanna say PW was a better WINNER????? should we bring up their Win-Loss records???????????? do you really wanna say WVU won more than Texas with the 2 respective QB's starting the games????

Oh sweet mother....

Here comes the Longhorn guy

you gotta say that because you KNOW im right when it comes to winning! Colt McCoy goes to a school thats year in and year out in NC contention and he has won more games then Pat White. Colt McCoy is a better passer, hes a better winner, and he is probably a better leader, and he can run too, its just not his first option.

Guest JJBrickface

This thread became stupid when the ONE Texas fan came on to post Colt McCoys name.

Considering we are in SWVA the only way to have a discussion about Texas sports is to hi jack a thread that has nothing to do about the Texas Longhorns.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Bowl games PW 4-0 named MVP of 3,

Sugar- beat UGA by 3 *BCS

Gator- beat GT by by 3

Fiesta- beat OU by 20*BCS

Meineke- beat UNC by 1

CM 3-0 2 offensive player of the games

Alamo beat Iowa by 2

Holiday beat up ASU

Fiesta beat OSU by 3 *BCS

PW has him in bowl games / MVPs....of course CM has one year to make up for it. But will he?

But are stats the only thing that makes a QB good or great?

Pat White did have some pretty good talent around him, however nothing like what walks through the doors at Texas. I FEEL that he has done more with less in his career than McCoy. I feel that he has taken his team on his back and won when needed. I know injury has come to both of them at times and yes it has hurt their teams. Nevertheless, PW has wanted to reenter a game after injury aka USF for instance and was told no by the med staff. I have seen both of these players play and think they are both great kids and QBs. I KNOW they are very different in their style of play and that makes them hard to compare. There are characteristic traits of QBs that are irreplacable. I just feel that PW has a certain something that very few college players have. It's beyond just leadership and determination. TO ME.......I would be lucky to have either on my team, but I would never trade the four years Pat has had at WVU for 4 years of McCoy at WVU. You can call it dumb, blue gold glasses bs , or whatever makes you feel good about yourself, it's just my opinion.

Rocks is correct in asking how someone can be wrong in opinion, but this is common for you.

First off, Pat White was the Offensive MVP of the Fiesta Bowl, Co Offensive MVP of the Gator Bowl, (Calvin Johnson was the other). Same with McCoy. Both are undefeated, both have not won MVP in one of their games. I call it a draw.

Second, many believe, and still do that Colt McCoy deserved the Heisman over Braford/Tebow because of a lack of supporting cast. Not even having a 500 yard rusher on the team severely hurt them. Completing 80% of your passes, when the defense KNOWS you are gonna pass, that is amazing. Granted, Texas, on this down year may have had more talent than WVU on the offensive side of the ball, but I dont think that is that much of a factor.

Third, do not compare Colt McCoy's injuries to PW. He had a pinched nerve on a crackback block, then still came back until he was destroyed by a helmet to helmet hit. The crack bck block was so unneccesary and brutal, the player was immediately ejected. Pat White had bruises on his thumb and thigh and came out if I remember correctly.

Lastly, where did I say you were wrong? Never did. I told you that you asked for all the facts and an argument here it is. You thought anyone who said Colt McCoy is better should

"keep wishing" which is completely off the reservation. Yes PW may be better in some ways, but to act as if Colt being better is a some kind of joke, come on.

PS. Colt ran the spread in HS. He is the leading rusher at Texas. Can you imagine him in the spread?

IMO, PW was a better winner, runner, and leader.

WOW! Really??? Really????? you wanna say PW was a better WINNER????? should we bring up their Win-Loss records???????????? do you really wanna say WVU won more than Texas with the 2 respective QB's starting the games????

Yes do bring up their winloss records.

Pat White 34-8

Colt McCoy 32-7

This thread became stupid when the ONE Texas fan came on to post Colt McCoys name.

Considering we are in SWVA the only way to have a discussion about Texas sports is to hi jack a thread that has nothing to do about the Texas Longhorns.

yeah i brought up his name joking around. and then the thread became stupid when ONE WVU fan came in and said that i should keep wishing thinking that Colt is better. oh and the Win Loss records. how many years did PW start???? i honestly dont know and Colt has only started 3 years missing i believe 1 or 2 games only. and PW does have more losses lol

Guest JJBrickface
yeah i brought up his name joking around. and then the thread became stupid when ONE WVU fan came in and said that i should keep wishing thinking that Colt is better. oh and the Win Loss records. how many years did PW start???? i honestly dont know and Colt has only started 3 years missing i believe 1 or 2 games only. and PW does have more losses lol

Well here is a hint...joking or not you don't have to bring up Colt McCoy or Texas Longhorns in unrelated posts.

Well here is a hint...joking or not you don't have to bring up Colt McCoy or Texas Longhorns in unrelated posts.

well here is a hint. i can say whatever i want on whatever post i want. joking or not.

First off, Pat White was the Offensive MVP of the Fiesta Bowl, Co Offensive MVP of the Gator Bowl, (Calvin Johnson was the other). Same with McCoy. Both are undefeated, both have not won MVP in one of their games. I call it a draw.

Second, many believe, and still do that Colt McCoy deserved the Heisman over Braford/Tebow because of a lack of supporting cast. Not even having a 500 yard rusher on the team severely hurt them. Completing 80% of your passes, when the defense KNOWS you are gonna pass, that is amazing. Granted, Texas, on this down year may have had more talent than WVU on the offensive side of the ball, but I dont think that is that much of a factor.

Third, do not compare Colt McCoy's injuries to PW. He had a pinched nerve on a crackback block, then still came back until he was destroyed by a helmet to helmet hit. The crack bck block was so unneccesary and brutal, the player was immediately ejected. Pat White had bruises on his thumb and thigh and came out if I remember correctly.

Lastly, where did I say you were wrong? Never did. I told you that you asked for all the facts and an argument here it is. You thought anyone who said Colt McCoy is better should

"keep wishing" which is completely off the reservation. Yes PW may be better in some ways, but to act as if Colt being better is a some kind of joke, come on.

PS. Colt ran the spread in HS. He is the leading rusher at Texas. Can you imagine him in the spread?

First off....you are reaching and it's funny to watch. Pat White and Colt McCoy DOES NOT PLAY DEFENSE. SO IF EITHER WIN THE OFFENSIVE MVP OF A GAME......THEY ARE MVP! Pat White was also MVP of the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

PW 4-0 , 2-0 in BCS games, Colt 3-0 , 1-0 in BCS....Who knows Colt could tie him. The only way he could out do PW in this aspect is to win the NC game.

Second....Noone cares who finished second , third, fourth, fifth , or sixth. Noone cares who thought he should have won. I agree that he probably should have, but he didn't, so noone cares.

Third.... Pat White did not have the decision to reenter the ball games in which he was out. The medical staff and coaching staff made the decision. He wanted back in and was told no. He can't do anymore than that. Colt is a trooper.

Lastly....you are trying to "prove" me wrong for some reason. It's an opinion. You could "prove" to me that he was Santa Clause, and I still wouldn't care. It wouldn't change my opinion. If Colt becomes the best in college football at what he does (throwing the ball) wins the National Championship and / or has another season like this year and wins another BCS bowl game, then I'll agree that he was a better player. I know he's a great player and probably very close to PW. He has another year to live up to it or surpass him, or even fall below IN MY OPINION.

"keep wishing" was just a fun comment with Beano. It wasn't meant any harm. It was just goofing around with him and you had to go and try to save the football world from big bad blue and gold glasses wearing Fieldgeneral. Maybe you should worry about yourself. I know it's a message board, but the comment was to Beano and for fun. Just relax a little buddy, it's ok.

and oh yeah. everyone just swept the comment aside because they knew i was joking until that ONE WVU fan decided to say something about it.

Keep wishing was just fun towards you and should have been swept under the rug, but captain football had to come rescue Colt.

Keep wishing was just fun towards you and should have been swept under the rug, but captain football had to come rescue Colt.

and i swept it aside with a laugh. but JJBrickface had to jump in and show just how mature he was. and started a new thread too. i guess he thinks im gonna get upset or angry and go off. but im not. it just goes to show why people treat WVU and their fans with such hatred and disrespect. i like WVU. my brothers fiancee graduated from there with a nursing degree. i have nothing against them. but JJ is starting to change my mind more and more. i might start liking (dare i say) VT over them.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
First off....you are reaching and it's funny to watch. Pat White and Colt McCoy DOES NOT PLAY DEFENSE. SO IF EITHER WIN THE OFFENSIVE MVP OF A GAME......THEY ARE MVP! Pat White was also MVP of the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

PW 4-0 , 2-0 in BCS games, Colt 3-0 , 1-0 in BCS....Who knows Colt could tie him. The only way he could out do PW in this aspect is to win the NC game.

Second....Noone cares who finished second , third, fourth, fifth , or sixth. Noone cares who thought he should have won. I agree that he probably should have, but he didn't, so noone cares.

Third.... Pat White did not have the decision to reenter the ball games in which he was out. The medical staff and coaching staff made the decision. He wanted back in and was told no. He can't do anymore than that. Colt is a trooper.

Lastly....you are trying to "prove" me wrong for some reason. It's an opinion. You could "prove" to me that he was Santa Clause, and I still wouldn't care. It wouldn't change my opinion. If Colt becomes the best in college football at what he does (throwing the ball) wins the National Championship and / or has another season like this year and wins another BCS bowl game, then I'll agree that he was a better player. I know he's a great player and probably very close to PW. He has another year to live up to it or surpass him, or even fall below IN MY OPINION.

"keep wishing" was just a fun comment with Beano. It wasn't meant any harm. It was just goofing around with him and you had to go and try to save the football world from big bad blue and gold glasses wearing Fieldgeneral. Maybe you should worry about yourself. I know it's a message board, but the comment was to Beano and for fun. Just relax a little buddy, it's ok.

1a. You put "MVP of 3 Bowls" for PW, and "offensive MVP" for Colt. I thought that was how you were basing the bowl argument, when you gave PW the nod. Like I said, it has to be a draw at the current time, you cant punish CM for not playing a game.

2a. I wasnt pointing out what he finished. I was pointing out that Texas did not have a dominant reciever, and not even a 500 yard rusher. You acted like Texas had all the talent in the world at other offensive positions. They didnt, and if there were flashes of talent, they were young.

3a. Quit Preaching. Its like some WVU thing lately, (Rocks, you, JJ) that if anyone attacks the WVU program it is the end of the world and they should never do it and mind to their own business. And about opinions. Opinions are meant to be argued. Who posts an opinion and does not expect it to be challenged? You cant argue facts. And thats a fact.

Lastly, you think Im just gonna relax and go away? No. You complained about me first when you said:

Here we go with the " I don't have anything better to say.....so I'll just be an idiot" replies.

Once again, don't give it if you can't take it.

So then when you receive all my responses, who were yes an opinion, but based on fact, you simply copy and paste off ESPN the stats, post a link to wikipedia, and show the bowl record. Then talk about how you cant believe I am trying to "prove" an opinion. You asked for it. And now you dont want it. Come on.

Lastly....you are trying to "prove" me wrong for some reason. It's an opinion... It wouldn't change my opinion. Maybe you should worry about yourself.

It would be stupid for me to have an opinion on anything; politics, sports, women, and life in general if I did not defend it. Im not trying to prove you wrong, Im trying to present my case to the best of the ability. And if you look above, I wasnt going to get into arguning this, cause I hate CM and Texas, especially after last season, but you asked for it.

and i swept it aside with a laugh. but JJBrickface had to jump in and show just how mature he was. and started a new thread too. i guess he thinks im gonna get upset or angry and go off. but im not. it just goes to show why people treat WVU and their fans with such hatred and disrespect. i like WVU. my brothers fiancee graduated from there with a nursing degree. i have nothing against them. but JJ is starting to change my mind more and more. i might start liking (dare i say) VT over them.

Take a walk on the UVA side, my friend. ;)

3a. Quit Preaching. Its like some WVU thing lately, (Rocks, you, JJ) that if anyone attacks the WVU program it is the end of the world and they should never do it and mind to their own business. And about opinions. Opinions are meant to be argued. Who posts an opinion and does not expect it to be challenged? You cant argue facts. And thats a fact

Who posts an opinion and doesnt expect it to be challenged? maybe me? It seems like an everyday thing on here to argue somebodys opinion. I could tell you a cow has 4 teets for sure, but you would want to sit here and argue that they don't.

You should just let some things slide. Because I can't speak for everybody, but when asked a question about something and am having to defend that certain thing or person. Then i'm not going to change my opinion.

anyways.. anybody have any ideas for later tonights role play?

I was thinking UVA for my old friend observer.

All this Texas hubbub makes sense now, I knew I missed a thread somewhere. I normally skip over any thread I see with WVU in the title.. admittedly.

But with that being said, this is hilarious.

A Texas fan from West Virginia once told me, "Colt McCoy is sexier than a pig's mouth". I had no idea what that meant at the time and I actually still don't, but that is my offering to this thread.