West Virginia University lands recruit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface
182 lbs.??? Better put some meat on that frame or he'll get killed...

Pat White was 6-1 180 coming out of high school. He left at around 190. Its true that he could get killed but thats where the speed comes becomes a factor.

Guest JJBrickface
And White typically got hurt in big games vs. good teams...

But still managed:

34-8 Career Record

4-0 in Bowl Games including 2-0 in BCS Bowls.

NCAA All-Time leading rusher for QB.

We keep getting QB's. But i'm just wondering why do we recruit so many? We have J. Brown for another year. Then we have Coley White and Geno Smith coming in this year as well..

Interesting indeed, but you never know when someone doesn't workout. I'm sure this kid will redshirt to give him an extra year.

And White typically got hurt in big games vs. good teams...

It's not like he got hurt every big game. I look at Slaton when you say that, he missed his last two bowl games. White was very durable. Sure he got injured. PITT AND USF ....yes, but the injuries were things that size wouldn't help.. They didn't have anything to do with his size.

His size had nothing to do with these injuries. Pat White was very durable, especially to have the ball in his hands as much as he did. He carried the team emotionally and physically at times. Between his NCAA AND BIG EAST records as well as being the ONLY QB to win 4 bowl games........I think these stats speak for themselves.

Hand / Thumb / ankle or concussion.

Big Games= PITT, GEORGIA, GEORGIA TECH, OKLAHOMA, UNC

VS UGA

Passing Att Cmp Int Yds TD Long Sacked

Pat White 14 11 0 120 1 30 2

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Avg Long

Pat White 24 97 77 0 3.2 13

VS Georgia Tech

Pat White 15 9 0 131 2 57 1

Pat White 22 154 9 145 1 6.6 27

VS PITT AWFUL GAME! However he did want to reenter the game, but was not allowed by DICKROD and team physician.

Pat White 10 5 0 50 0 20 1

Pat White 14 53 12 41 0 2.9 21

VS OU

Pat White 19 10 0 176 2 79 0

TOTALS 19 10 0 176 2 79 0

Pat White 20 150 0 150 0 7.5 42

vs UNC

Pat White 32 26 1 332 3 44 4

TOTALS 32 26 1 332 3 44 4

White 21 74 19 55 0 2.6 16

But still managed:

34-8 Career Record

4-0 in Bowl Games including 2-0 in BCS Bowls.

NCAA All-Time leading rusher for QB.

and yet Colt McCoy is still better :D

This is true, with regards to rushing yards by a QB. Great accomplishment.

It is a great accomplishment. But I think it won't help him in the NFL. NFL teams are looking for passers now. He might only be used in a "wildcat" formation now or be switched to WR. He is a great player but he has the same style Vince Young and Mike Vick had, run first then pass. NFL coaches don't like that attitude now.

It is a great accomplishment. But I think it won't help him in the NFL. NFL teams are looking for passers now. He might only be used in a "wildcat" formation now or be switched to WR. He is a great player but he has the same style Vince Young and Mike Vick had, run first then pass. NFL coaches don't like that attitude now.

I think the ceiling for him could be a better Kordell Stewart.

If Pat White's got that sort of arm, then I'd give him a chance.

Otherwise, I think you're right.

Guest JJBrickface
I think the ceiling for him could be a better Kordell Stewart.

If Pat White's got that sort of arm, then I'd give him a chance.

Otherwise, I think you're right.

I don't know if Pat has what it takes physically to be a good NFL quarterback but he has a chance to succeed.

Pat White has the attitude to be a successful QB. Ryan Leaf had all of the God given abilities to be a QB but didn't have leadership qualities.

keep wishing

who had a better completion percentage and had his team in the NC hunt all year??? thats all im saying. i wasnt trying to hijack this thread by saying that but you have turned and said it. PW might be a better rusher. but not a better passer.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
keep wishing

Where's that thread that UVA uses to put the pic of the guy with the hand on his head???

Cause that is exactly what I did when I read the above...

picard-facepalm.jpg

Edited by BEAVERTAIL
Thanks UVAOb.!

who had a better completion percentage and had his team in the NC hunt all year??? thats all im saying. i wasnt trying to hijack this thread by saying that but you have turned and said it. PW might be a better rusher. but not a better passer.

I think McCoy is a great QB and is a better "passer." But since when was that the only thing that made you a good or better QB, especially in this day and age of new "spread" offenses. I have a high opinion of White not only because he was the WVU QB, but because of leadership ability as well as his accomplishments. As much as I can't stand VT, and the conVicks, I also enjoyed watching his game in both the college and pros because he could make something out of nothing. I feel that White surpasses many college QBs due to his attitude, leadership ability, and physical ability. I know he isn't the best passing QB of all time, but he is what he was recruited to do....the best rushing QB of all time. White never had the personell to be that passing QB. WVU struggled on the OLINE this year because of the change of offense. Our line was recruited to be a run first spread style offense which didn't fit the new offense that was being installed. That was why our OLINE was a big dissapointment.

Beano, no beef with you sir, just conversation. I know McCoy is a good QB, may even be Heisman material with the linemen , recievers, and backs that Texas gets year in and year out.

Where's that thread that UVA uses to put the pic of the guy with the hand on his head???

QUOTE]

That's a great way to show why you think otherwise......but it wasn't like I expected anything more Rufus.

post-4254-137723137336_thumb.jpg

Edited by fieldgeneral

That's a great way to show why you think otherwise......but it wasn't like I expected anything more Rufus.

comic%20retarded%20sperm%20jared%20hindman.jpg