How are the Dawgs looking?

tornado99

yeah i guess that All State Selection he got as a DB was just a fluke....I really dont see how a DB who runs a 5.9 can make almost 100 tackles and have 4 ints and the only defensive TD of the season for the Dawgs to.

yea i guess you wipe his butt too!!???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i guess you wipe his butt too!!???

Ha i bet you didn't even step on the field last year did you? Get over yourself. If you really are from Tazewell why are you trying to bash a teammate? Ohh wait the him playing you not thing. haha

Yeah I'm pretty positive my man doesn't run a 5.9 in the 40. But track times don't really mean anything once you put the pads on. I doesn't matter it you win state in the 100 if you get tackled by a person that couldn't win the district in it, it's still back to the huddle time for a new play. Another tally in the tackle column for Corner.

and he can also tell ya where all the gorilla holes are in laurel

Ha i bet you didn't even step on the field last year did you? Get over yourself. If you really are from Tazewell why are you trying to bash a teammate? Ohh wait the him playing you not thing. haha

started every game

It really doesn't matter what Corner's time in the 40 is -- his intensity to win is possibly one of the top 5 in the state. I think it's says alot when a kid comes from a single A team, transfers in due to reasons beyond his control and not only makes 1st Team All SWD -- but earned the respect of every coach in the distict. Additionally, he would have started on any team in the district had he not chosen to attend Tazewell - his ability would have earned him a starting spot on any team. Tazewell is fortunate that he chose to be a Bulldog -- I personally love to watch him play --

It really doesn't matter what Corner's time in the 40 is -- his intensity to win is possibly one of the top 5 in the state. I think it's says alot when a kid comes from a single A team, transfers in due to reasons beyond his control and not only makes 1st Team All SWD -- but earned the respect of every coach in the distict. Additionally, he would have started on any team in the district had he not chosen to attend Tazewell - his ability would have earned him a starting spot on any team. Tazewell is fortunate that he chose to be a Bulldog -- I personally love to watch him play --

As a Blues Fan i also enjoyed watching Corner play last year. The several games i watched last year he was all over the field. The Tazewell - Lebanon game he was a one man wrecking force. 40 time can be whatever but the kid has one thing heart.

Corner running a 5.9 forty yard dash was an exaggeration, but in all seriousness, He probably runs like a 5.2

Well a 5.2 is a big difference than a 5.9 and I mean maybe it was on a bad day ya know, my senior year i could maybe run a 4.9 hand timed, 4.8 on a really good day and with a really good time, so really i ran around a 5. Just because he doesn't have a blazing fast 40 time doesn't define him, If your a smart kid and run a 5 flat you can play better than a kid who is faster than you but plays out of control and is a ruhtard when it comes to decision making. That is just my opinion

people make such a big deal about 40 times, but how much does it actually matter? sure it would if you're in a foot race trying to chase someone down, but playing defense going lateral a large percentage of the time, does it really make that big of a difference? i played linebacker all my 4 years and i came up with a good number of tackles, and i never ran anything close to a 4.9 lol my point is defense isn't all about speed. it's about finding the ball and reacting to it

As a Blues Fan i also enjoyed watching Corner play last year. The several games i watched last year he was all over the field. The Tazewell - Lebanon game he was a one man wrecking force. 40 time can be whatever but the kid has one thing heart.

Well if you noticed then by the final score of the lebanon game that one man can't do it all. That kid is lacking one thing HEART!!!!! Heart is showing up everyday for practice and not making up some bs excuse as to why you cant come. Corner needs to get his priorities straight he is either with the team or against it.

as a tazewell player i also noticed that corner missed over 100 tackles and cost us many games. if he would quit worring about looking good and trying to talk crap. we might have went to state like we had planned before he got there. but he had his head up his butt most of the season.

as a tazewell player i also noticed that corner missed over 100 tackles and cost us many games. if he would quit worring about looking good and trying to talk crap. we might have went to state like we had planned before he got there. but he had his head up his butt most of the season.

This is pathetic. You take Corner off that team and your defense would have been garbage. The heart that kid showed was more than anyone around here. Maybe if your whole team would have played with half as much heart as he did you might have went somewhere. Without Corner you wouldn't have seen anything close to the state playoffs. You were probably the bench warmer that got garbage time. Respect the guy for playing with a passion for the game and quit hating on him. Oh yeah and he cost u alot of games. Wow you only lost 3. Thats alot and it wasn't his fault you lost to Richlands twice. You can blame that on your so called "Coaching Staff" or lack of coaching. Heck maybe Corner will read this and decide to go to Richlands and then he can will be able to get seen at the State Level. Something Tazewell will not be seeing for a long time.

This is pathetic. You take Corner off that team and your defense would have been garbage. The heart that kid showed was more than anyone around here. Maybe if your whole team would have played with half as much heart as he did you might have went somewhere. Without Corner you wouldn't have seen anything close to the state playoffs. You were probably the bench warmer that got garbage time. Respect the guy for playing with a passion for the game and quit hating on him. Oh yeah and he cost u alot of games. Wow you only lost 3. Thats alot and it wasn't his fault you lost to Richlands twice. You can blame that on your so called "Coaching Staff" or lack of coaching. Heck maybe Corner will read this and decide to go to Richlands and then he can will be able to get seen at the State Level. Something Tazewell will not be seeing for a long time.

agreed. i went to 2 Tazewell games this past season and Corner was hustling every play and in the middle of everything on defense. you cant ask for more out of a defensive player. he knew his job and he did it well. he is a very good player. speed isnt everything as others have pointed out. if you are a smart player you dont need the speed most of the time. and as said, he has very much heart. and from what i have noticed, he is a good kid. he might let his anger get the best of him from time to time but that shows he is involved and puts everything into the game and leaves everything on the field every game. dont listen to this clown Corner, keep up the good work and you will get looks from colleges. you are a good player and any team around here would be happy to have you.

calm down stephen. you maybe only played 2 defensive plays the whole year. but maybe if you woulda been playin corner's position tazewell would have won state before we got there! haha thats a joke. you might not have thought he was any good, but I'll take first team all region over 2nd team SWD anyday..it seems like everyone else was happy to have him from over there. well except for you and mr. mccrenyolds.

Well if you noticed then by the final score of the lebanon game that one man can't do it all. That kid is lacking one thing HEART!!!!! Heart is showing up everyday for practice and not making up some bs excuse as to why you cant come. Corner needs to get his priorities straight he is either with the team or against it.

alright man you can question the way i play the way i prep but dont ever question my heart man alright.....and this whole thing our plan was going 2 state be4 he got there i guess i didnt want a state ring did i....i guess i didnt bust my ass every play laying my body on the line man thats garbage dont question my heart...how many times did you see me gripping my shoulder did i ever come out naw cause i wanted 2 win...you arent a real teammate cause i wouldnt put my teammates down like that...and when have i missed practice i mean i miss lifting but that dont mean im not lifting but i only missed one practice all year last year ..but im sorry i ruined youre plan if i would of made them 100 tackles hell i would of set the state record 192 tackles thats amazing....but yeah man real sorry...and saying get my priorities straight dont even start you dont know what i got going on but talk all you want man....cause when we get under the lights thats when it shows who has heart and who the real men are.....but thanks for all this fire for the 09 season!

Edited by 21_7

I would agree - Tazewell lost 3 games last year and 2 of those were to Richlands - and would agree that coaching decisions contributed to both of those. Corner, however played his heart out - Richlands remembers his name and mark my word so does every other team in the district -

If you want to get in a debate about who has the most heart - people need to find someone other than Corner.

I would like to think that the Tazewell Coaching staff would discuss with their team - what the word TEAM means -- generally speaking you just don't target a member of your team you back those people up.

practice doesn't start till august there buddy.

& you said one man can't do it all..but atleast he was trying. where was you at? if you're gonna act this way about him then it looks like you're the one against the team.

Sounds like Bobby's gonna have his work cut out for him. I hope they do well, don't get me wrong, but with this animosity flyin throughout the team who knows. I can tell you this, if they don't start trusting each other and quit messing around they can forget about state, regions, and the SWD title.