Shelor Motor Mile Touchdown Classic Aug 21

cougar4evr

I've followed Virginia High School football for sometime and don't ever recall hearing of a Jamestown High School until just recently. I've definitely not heard of them being any type of football power; I cannot ever recall them making the playoffs. However, looking at their schedule from last season they did beat some traditionally good football schools.

I've followed Virginia High School football for sometime and don't ever recall hearing of a Jamestown High School until just recently. I've definitely not heard of them being any type of football power; I cannot ever recall them making the playoffs. However, looking at their schedule from last season they did beat some traditionally good football schools.

Heard some chatter on the prep board. Sounds like they have good skilled plays but problems getting big guys out for their line.

Jamestown has been around for about 10-12 years. You never heard of them because they have never been a football power playing in the shadows of more dominant teams like Lafayette, Poquoson, Grafton, and New Kent in the Bay Rivers District...but they are getting better, as they should considering they have over 1300 students...

i believe Lafayette high school has split a coupe of times to form Jamestown and now Warhill high school.Lafayette is the older school who i believe produced Lawrence Taylor and a couple of other great players.

Yes, Jamestown was a split off of Lafayette, kinda like Hidden Valley from Cave Spring. Warhill took students from both Lafayette and Jamestown.

They play in a nasty district, that's for sure. And that area must be exploding population-wise for all the new schools to be forming. I do enjoy visiting that area, the history of the Willamsburg/Yorktown/Jamestown is mindboggling. If I were going to move to toward the east coast of Virginia that's the area I would choose to live.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules