I found this on another forum and it absolutely nails it!!!

GMan

"Much as it pains me to say this, I have to admit it - my

Democrat friends were right.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's hope

would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the

Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point

than any time during the Bush administration, including right after

9/11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become

more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and now, tens of thousands of

additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan .

My Democrat Party friends told me if I voted for McCain,

that the economy would get worse and sure enough unemployment is

approaching double digits and the new stimulus packages implemented

recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since the

Islamic Terrorists attacks of 9/11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more

"crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure

enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed

resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more

"Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork

Bills" have shown up in Congressional legislation since January 2009...

I was also told by my Democrat friends that if I voted

for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in Washington D.C. , and

sure enough, Obama has spent more in just six months than all other

Presidents combined - in the entire history of the good ole USA ...

Well I voted for McCain in November and my Democrat

friends were right... all of their predictions have come true!"

it's not all his doing. Maybe these things were to some extent already on these paths before Obama. Obama has spent a lot of money....with the approval of congress and done several things that many of you disagree with, but if this guys democratic friends were so right and all of you are right , then all of this was going to happen whether Obama or Mccain became president. Just a thought.

Excellent post G-Man. I voted for McCain but to be honest I wasn't all that thrilled with him. Don't get me wrong, McCain is a good man and served his country admirably but he didn't really inspire me politically speaking. The GOP needs someone with the charisma and political skills of a Reagan. The conservative movement really doesn't have any leadership at present IMO.

Excellent post G-Man. I voted for McCain but to be honest I wasn't all that thrilled with him. Don't get me wrong, McCain is a good man and served his country admirably but he didn't really inspire me politically speaking. The GOP needs someone with the charisma and political skills of a Reagan. The conservative movement really doesn't have any leadership at present IMO.

Reagan didn't have as many political skills as everyone likes to believe after the fact.

Outside of the USSR and the Communist Bloc self-imploding during his presidency, he was less than stellar.

But that's neither here nor there.

Reagan did a lot of great things for the country, the soviet union did implode but Reagan wisely did a lot to make it happen and finish them off through their afghanastan campaign and his economic blockades, those policies basically strangled them.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

The next Reagan will be here sooner than you think.

Just like how I warned all about the next coming of Jimmy Carter, whish we have on our hands now.

History repeats itself.

The next Reagan will be here sooner than you think.

Just like how I warned all about the next coming of Jimmy Carter, whish we have on our hands now.

History repeats itself.

Is that optimism or do you have your opinion on who it would be?

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Is that optimism or do you have your opinion on who it would be?

I have no doubt there will be a new president in 2012. Sorry folks, our President and Congress are going way too far left. This is a moderate/leaning right country. I can already tell this is not a "realigning" election, but a "deviating" one. Meaning, people vote on the oter ticket for one election, then move back.

That being said, the "New Deal" and other democratic/big goverment ideas led Reagan to become a Republican. So maybe one of the blue dogs, or someone else will come out of the Democratic Party to lead the GOP during this gigantic goverment expansion. Maybe it is too soon before the election. But heck, most of the Dems in Congress, have been afraid to speak against Obama/Pelosi/Reid. Someone speaks out now, becomes a major talking head, it may lead to the WH. Just an idea.

Or it could come from a Governor, who has decent good looks, who has led companies and gives fiery speeches like Reagan. Mitt Romney comes to mind. Romney, who was loved by both parties in a liberal Mass. state, was struck down by Gay Marriage as the headlining problem. If he was still there now, with gay marriage on the background, who knows.

This is all just speculation. There is a slim to none chance Obama comes back. He is not putting this crisis to waste. He has been overstepping his bounds. Maybe he will change his ways, but I doubt it. America is getting fed up with it. I hope he comes back to moderation, like he claimed, but I doubt it.

I have no doubt there will be a new president in 2012. Sorry folks, our President and Congress are going way too far left. This is a moderate/leaning right country. I can already tell this is not a "realigning" election, but a "deviating" one. Meaning, people vote on the oter ticket for one election, then move back.

That being said, the "New Deal" and other democratic/big goverment ideas led Reagan to become a Republican. So maybe one of the blue dogs, or someone else will come out of the Democratic Party to lead the GOP during this gigantic goverment expansion. Maybe it is too soon before the election. But heck, most of the Dems in Congress, have been afraid to speak against Obama/Pelosi/Reid. Someone speaks out now, becomes a major talking head, it may lead to the WH. Just an idea.

Or it could come from a Governor, who has decent good looks, who has led companies and gives fiery speeches like Reagan. Mitt Romney comes to mind. Romney, who was loved by both parties in a liberal Mass. state, was struck down by Gay Marriage as the headlining problem. If he was still there now, with gay marriage on the background, who knows.

This is all just speculation. There is a slim to none chance Obama comes back. He is not putting this crisis to waste. He has been overstepping his bounds. Maybe he will change his ways, but I doubt it. America is getting fed up with it. I hope he comes back to moderation, like he claimed, but I doubt it.

I'd agree with the 1 term only except for the fact that I don't have faith "yet" that America isn't becoming an entitlement society, and isn't more left leaning than right leaning.

A lot of the economic problems that will make a big difference in the working american's life won't make much difference to the non working American who has everything of their subsidized. Granted they eventually bring down the working taxpayers that subsidize them, but the damage is already done and control is in hand of the liberals at that point.

I think the biggest problem is the election fraud that will have to be overcome, acorn will be stronger than ever and under "the watchful eye of this administration", the census in government hands will not be able to accurately count all the people in the "big cities of millions" and if they can make it possible for 20 some million illegals to vote, they will.

These strong arm tactics are the reason I've never thought the health care and cap and trade ideas aren't doomed to fail simply based on their nonsense in the 1st place.

I wouldn't argue that you're being an optimist and I'm being a pessimist about the possibilities, but I'm bracing for the worst seeing the way America is becoming. Besides, the real problem is that someone who's really conservative and intends to reduce government and work for the people, as I wrote about in the palin topic, not necessarily her, is an absolute must to put America back on the real track, otherwise we're just borrowing more time for a slower death of the country. Going back and forth like so when there's such a bigger division of ideals between 2 sides in America simply can't and won't go on and on without something giving 1 way or another eventually.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver