Giles scrimmage

mountainman74

Giles and Princeton went 1st, with Giles scoring on a long drive. Princeton dropped a sure TD pass, and never scored, or established the run.

Giles and MT View went next, with Giles scoring 14 to Mt View 0.

Giles and Princeton went again, more like a live clock. Princeton drove about 40 yards then punted. Giles drove 60 yards, and ran out of time. score 0-0

Giles and Mt View went again and it was 14-0 Giles again.

Not sure of the Princeton-Mt View scrimmages, but it looke like Princeton whipped them pretty good.

Giles defense looked great, with the exception of a few breakdowns in passing. The run defense is very stout.

The offense looked great. We didnt pass much, but we were effective when we did. We didnt use the starters much in the backfield. Our second team is the biggest surprise of all. They never missed a lick where the starters left off. Just my opinion, but things look good at Giles this year. We will find out more when we face a very fast Blacksburg team in 2 weeks.

Princetons line was big and quick. They have a lot of athletes. Dont know abot the 2 you asked about. #20 was good. I think he may be one you mentioned.

Allen has worn #1 or #2 (I don't remember which) at Princeton since his freshman season; I don't remember Powell's number.

Someone from Princeton should answer because Im not sure, Princeton does have the skilled players and the strong line.

The other question

are they as good as a few yrs ago?

If you are asking about Giles, I think they are close. Too early to tell yet. We have a huge, good line, and plenty of breakaway speed. The team is also very physical. Thats the key to Giles success, is a hard nosed, hard hitting team. The scrimmage proved that, but there is a lot of work to do.

tevin is number 1. jerrell has always been number 7 since his freshman year but coach spadaro always gives out random numbers during scrimmages so its hard to tell who was who in the scrimmage. i didnt get to go to the scrimmage but someone i know that went to the scrimmage said that tevin did not dress bc of an injury

Edited by neva_scarred