Will Bassett win the Piedmont again?

the watcher

Patrick Martin did not return to the football team this year. From what I understand, he is concentrating on baseball this fall (a lot of showcase tournaments, etc.) in hopes of getting some looks. My Bengals are very young and inexperienced this season.

I'd say Martinsville is the favorite, with the other four potentially finishing anywhere from 2-5.

Bassett and Patrick County both lost quite a bit (Bassett lost basically their entire starting team on both sides and PC lost Harris, obviously a huge part of everything there last season).

Magna Vista two straight winless seasons, but looks like Favero has started to get things going in the right direction. They should win a few.

Tunstall has potential, defense should be improved there.

Magna Vista had a good JV team last year and they should be improved. Martinsville's new coach is installing a new offense and has about 50 players which is about 20 more than last year. The Piedmont will be a toss up between Bassett, MV and Martinsville. I don't think any of them will get far in the playoffs.

Whats happened to mart and magna lately, didnt they used to be a powerhouse every year.

Martinsville dominated thru the 70's and 80's then two county schools were merged together to become Magna Vista and they were the team to beat in the 90's. Another county school, Fieldale Collinsville, was merged into Bassett and they have had the powerhouse for several years now.

After watching the Richlands / Basset benefit game last night I have to say I think it will be long season for Basset, sorry guys. Hey, but they are young and will grow alot this year, dont worry Richlands is doing the same thing, very young, only 5 seniors on the team. Good luck the rest of the season

This week Bassett host Carroll Co., Magna Vista host Heritage and Martinsville travels to Brookville to take on the Bees. Tough opening games for all three teams.

I don't think Heritage has a whole lot this season...MV might just pull off a victory...

I don't think Heritage has a whole lot this season...MV might just pull off a victory...

MV hasn't been the same since their head-coach was fired a few years ago. I think that demoralized the program but they have a new coach this year who might bring them around. I'm hoping Martinsville's new coach, Bobby Dalton, will bring Martinsville back to it's former football glory. Dalton is a gentle giant but can crack the whip when he needs too. The turnout for the Bulldog football team was good this year with 20 more players than last year. Dalton appears to be having a good impact already.