Tennessee's Brice Brown's eligibility under investigation

sandman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GMan, how many national championships does VA Tech have? Let VA Tech come play in the SEC and we would be talking about another patsy. I can`t wait until September 5th when the Hokies get a little education from the Tide.

Let 'em have it! :D

And about Bryce Brown, I have a Miami friend who's STILL ticked about that one.

GMan, how many national championships does VA Tech have? Let VA Tech come play in the SEC and we would be talking about another patsy. I can`t wait until September 5th when the Hokies get a little education from the Tide.

I just wish Tennessee would grow a set and man up for a 1 and 1 with VT...

Instead of the 2 for 1 they wanted with VT. VT has earned the right to have a 1 and 1 with any school in the country.

Tennessee needs to quite looking down on everyone else like they are so much better. Especially since they couldn't even get to .500 in their own conference last year.

They did back in 1994 and Tennesee won 45-23 in the Gator Bowl. Haha, I just had to throw that in there. I would love to see it happen myself but you can`t say UT is afraid to play Tech. Look at UT`s non conference opponents. They have played quality opponents every season. Sure would be a treat to watch though.

I would love to see it happen myself but you can`t say UT is afraid to play Tech.

Sure I can. Do you see the two schools scheduled to play any football games??? The only recent time they have have played was because of a bowl matchup and that was 15 years ago. Too bad you had to go back that far to bring that matchup back up, but since UT won't "Man up." Since that bowl game UT has been offered a few times by VT and even Bruton Smith got into it a little bit. Jim Weaver is ready to sign the Hokies into the game or series with UT, but it takes "two to tango," as they say.

Edited by bhs7695

Sure I can. Do you see the two schools scheduled to play any football games??? The only recent time they have have played was because of a bowl matchup and that was 15 years ago. Too bad you had to go back that far to bring that matchup back up, but since UT won't "Man up." Since that bowl game UT has been offered a few times by VT and even Bruton Smith got into it a little bit. Jim Weaver is ready to sign the Hokies into the game or series with UT, but it takes "two to tango," as they say.

The reason they didnt match up is because Mike Hamilton (UT`s AD) didn`t want to lose a home game by playing Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway. I myself would have loved to have seen it but there is no way that they are or were scared. How could you prove that point when they already play in the toughest conference in America? Also if you look back at their non conference opponents over the last several years you have opponents like Miami in 02 and 03, Notre Dame in 04 and 05, Cal, and UCLA.

The reason they didnt match up is because Mike Hamilton (UT`s AD) didn`t want to lose a home game by playing Tech at Bristol Motor Speedway. I myself would have loved to have seen it but there is no way that they are or were scared. How could you prove that point when they already play in the toughest conference in America? Also if you look back at their non conference opponents over the last several years you have opponents like Miami in 02 and 03, Notre Dame in 04 and 05, Cal, and UCLA.

This has nothing to do with playing at BMS although UT was the one that did not want to do it. BTW, do you know what a "1 and 1" is??? That's when two teams play a 2-game series with each team having a home game...UT wants no part of that with VT either. That's what I'm talking about...time for them to "man up".

But, hey, if they like playing and losing to the likes of Wyoming at home, then more power to them...

This has nothing to do with playing at BMS although UT was the one that did not want to do it. BTW, do you know what a "1 and 1" is??? That's when two teams play a 2-game series with each team having a home game...UT wants no part of that with VT either. That's what I'm talking about...time for them to "man up".

But, hey, if they like playing and losing to the likes of Wyoming at home, then more power to them...

If UT can accomplish that and Tech beat East Carolina maybe they will schedule it. Yes I know what a 1 and 1 is, I was commenting on why they wouldn`t do the BMS game. Of course, UT has bigger fish to fry playing Oregon in 2010 and 2011, Oklahoma in 2014 and 2015 and Ohio State after that.

GMan, you do know schedules are made years in advance don`t you? Honestly I do not believe Tech could handle the hostile environment of Neyland Stadium.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

GMan, you do know schedules are made years in advance don`t you?

Yes, I do know that...VT has been trying to schedule something with UT since the late 90s...no nuts...

Honestly I do not believe Tech could handle the hostile environment of Neyland Stadium.

Wyoming handled it and was a 4-8 team last year. Why couldn't Virginia Tech? I know you're not saying that Wyoming is a better football team than Virginia Tech..........

Tennessee probably wouldn't be able the handle the hostile environment of Lane Stadium. Most teams don't when they travel to Blacksburg.

Wyoming handled it and was a 4-8 team last year. Why couldn't Virginia Tech? I know you're not saying that Wyoming is a better football team than Virginia Tech..........

Tennessee probably wouldn't be able the handle the hostile environment of Lane Stadium. Most teams don't when they travel to Blacksburg.

No I`m not saying Wyoming is a better team than Tech. (Not in the same league). I`m sure Tennessee could handle Lane Stadium. They know what it`s like to play in a hostile environment by playing at Florida, LSU, Alabama, and Georgia. I`m not saying Tech doesn`t by any means. I will admit Tech has had a better team the last few seasons but if you look at all-time tradition there is no comparison.

Guest JJBrickface
If UT can accomplish that and Tech beat East Carolina maybe they will schedule it. Yes I know what a 1 and 1 is, I was commenting on why they wouldn`t do the BMS game. Of course, UT has bigger fish to fry playing Oregon in 2010 and 2011, Oklahoma in 2014 and 2015 and Ohio State after that.

GMan, you do know schedules are made years in advance don`t you? Honestly I do not believe Tech could handle the hostile environment of Neyland Stadium.

Way too arrogant! Why couldn't Tech handle that environment?

Tennessee couldn't handle Lane Stadium? HA! UT is use to playing in front of big crowds, over 100,000 people, how many people Tech play in front of at the most 60,000…..Ok....I have been to Tech games and UT games.... I was at the UT vs. UF football game when Tebo was a Freshman. It was louder than a NASCAR race...

GO VOLS!!!!!!

Edited by Gym

OK, here we go again. The game at BMS is never going to happen. VT fans telling Tennessee to man up, give me a freakin break. UT has played home-home series with Notre Dame (the Brady Quinn ND Teams), Miami, Cal, Oregon (2010-2011), Oklahoma (2013-2014), pleeeeez. Oh, by the way, UT gets to play such "patsies" as Florida, Alabama, Georgia, EVERY year. And before someone brings up Kentucky and Vanderbilt, UH, they both won bowl games last year. UT had a terrible year last year, granted, but I'm sick and tired of hearing the greatness of VT. They havent been on the map but 10 years and only 1 national championship, and that was in bass fishing. So enjoy winning the worst conference again this year in D-1 football, going to Tampa, Jacksonville, or wherever the ACCCG is, in front of 12,000 people. The rest of America will be watching the SEC Championship. I dont say this too often but here goes :

ROLL TIDE! RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA.

They did not want to play at the speedway. They would play a home-home series with anyone and have in the past. The schedules are made years in advance. Im sure right now VT's AD is probably setting up a big Thursday night matchup with E. Miami State Technical School or something. Another thing is, this is a tri-cities thing. I've told people in Knoxville how much I despise VT, and they say "why". Im sure people in Blacksburg/Roanoke area would say the same thing about UT. Outside of probably Johnson City to Wytheville, nobody cares. We beat the crap out of you in the Gator Bowl, with a sophomore QB, and now we're scared of mighty VT? Yeah right. ROLL TIDE!!

They did not want to play at the speedway. They would play a home-home series with anyone and have in the past. The schedules are made years in advance. Im sure right now VT's AD is probably setting up a big Thursday night matchup with E. Miami State Technical School or something. Another thing is, this is a tri-cities thing. I've told people in Knoxville how much I despise VT, and they say "why". Im sure people in Blacksburg/Roanoke area would say the same thing about UT. Outside of probably Johnson City to Wytheville, nobody cares. We beat the crap out of you in the Gator Bowl, with a sophomore QB, and now we're scared of mighty VT? Yeah right. ROLL TIDE!!

Do you know what a 1 and 1 is??? Its when each team has a home game in a two game series. I'm not talking about playing at BMS. VT has been trying to schedule a 1 and 1 with UT since the late 90s...they didn't care when the games were to be scheduled...UT said "no thanks"....

NO NUTS...

First I've heard of that. I would love to see a series between the 2. I've enjoyed discussing this, but I think we're both smart enough to figure out that Tenn is not scared to VT or anybody else. VT is not scared to play anyone either. This is left up to the powers that be at each University. I dont think Mike Hamilton had a meeting with the team and the team said we're scared to play VT. I mean we've got Oregon, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. over the next few years.

First I've heard of that. I would love to see a series between the 2. I've enjoyed discussing this, but I think we're both smart enough to figure out that Tenn is not scared to VT or anybody else. VT is not scared to play anyone either. This is left up to the powers that be at each University. I dont think Mike Hamilton had a meeting with the team and the team said we're scared to play VT. I mean we've got Oregon, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. over the next few years.

OK then, "the powers that be" (the AD, head coach, and anyone else in Knoxvegas that has a say in who UT plays) have NO NUTS...

Is that better???

Typical VT ignorance. (Not to offend VT fans with sense.) Go shake your keys on 3rd down, and listen to Enter Sandman, 2 proud traditions. Alabama can't beat VT bad enough.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL TIDE, ROOOOOOOOOOOOOLL TIDE!