Tennessee's Brice Brown's eligibility under investigation

sandman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, I guess they said oooh, dont schedule VT, go get some cupcakes like Oregon, Ohio St, and Oklahoma. You should be glad UT-VT arent playing, now you can play Bill & Mary, and Eastern Michigan again. Good luck in the national cahmpionship this year G-Man. BTW, is it at Lake Guntersville or Table Rock? ROLL TIDE

You're right, I guess they said oooh, dont schedule VT, go get some cupcakes like Oregon, Ohio St, and Oklahoma. You should be glad UT-VT arent playing, now you can play Bill & Mary, and Eastern Michigan again.

That's why VT plays those teams...because UT won't play VT...NO NUTS...

BTW, Ohio St. IS on VT's schedule in 2014 and 2015...Buckeyes are, well, have NUTS...

Where do you get such nonsense from? Is there a statement or article somewhere that states that Tenn backed down from playing VT? Just keep on making yourself feel better saying "NO NUTS "on here because thats the only answer you have for anything. You have no facts, just NO NUTS. And now from the home office in Knoxville : The top 10 reasons some VT fans on here hate Tenn so bad :

#10 - There are more Tenn fans in Virginia than VT fans in Virginia.

# 9 - Tenn stole their traditional rivalry game with Ohio University this year.

# 8 - More people at UT's spring game than at any VT game

#7 - The 1994 Gator Bowl

#6 - Tenn dont have to play on Thursday night to get TV exposure

#5 - Much, much better looking uniforms

#4 - The fact most die-hard Tenn fans actually go to the games.

#3 - We come up with better answers than "No nuts"

#2 - Running through the "T", shaking freakin car keys, you figure it out.

And the #1 reason some VT fans on here hate Tenn so bad is :

"Rocky Top" is so much better than the Hokie Pokie.

Where do you get such nonsense from? Is there a statement or article somewhere that states that Tenn backed down from playing VT? Just keep on making yourself feel better saying "NO NUTS "on here because thats the only answer you have for anything. You have no facts, just NO NUTS. And now from the home office in Knoxville : The top 10 reasons some VT fans on here hate Tenn so bad :

#7 - The 1994 Gator Bowl

The number 1 reason I hate UT is because of morons like you.....Gman is right grow some nuts and come to Blacksburg and play and we will return the trip to Knoxville.....grow a pair!!!

No one is trying to say that VT is all high and mighty and will beat any school they face. LSU played a 1 -1 along with Texas A&M & Nebraska. Ohio State, & Wisconsin have also agreed to 1-1 with VT. Auburn also agreed to a 1-1 around 1998 only to back out a few years later. Even USC and Alabama have agreed to one game deals at neutral sites when they are getting alot of money.

Why does Tennessee have the ego to insist that a series with VT would have to be a 2-1 with two games being at Knoxville? Notre Dame is the only other school that has told VT the same thing according to Jim Weaver (VT Athletics Director). VT is on the same playing field with all schools in Div 1A and it's a slap in the face to Virginia Tech to require the series to be a 2-1 with only one game in Lane Stadium.

That is why Tennessee looks like they have "no nuts."

Would you agree to play a game of 21 basketball against someone and that someone requires that in order to play the game against you, every other shot he makes he gets to keep the ball instead of giving it to you to start the next point??? It would be a slap in the face.

Edited by bhs7695

Where do you get such nonsense from? Is there a statement or article somewhere that states that Tenn backed down from playing VT?

I can provide you this.....

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/08/26/bruton.smith.26/index.html

It states in there that Weaver tried to get a 1-1 with Tennessee for 2010 & 11, but "no deal was made." Weaver has stated publicy several times on the VT radio show and to me personnally that the reason no deal was made was because UT wanted a three games series with two of those games in Knoxville. Once again, a slap in the face to VT.

#7 - The 1994 Gator Bowl

There are so many gramatical errors and misnformation in this list that it's not even funny. No suprise to me that is comes from UT.

Well, then kick our a**es in Knoxville twice, you're the big bad Hokies. This is the point I've tried to make to GMan this whole damn post. The players, fans, coaches, etc., do not make the schedules. Its a money thing. I'm not saying UT would beat VT at all. As a matter of fact, I know we wouldnt have last year. Just quit saying UT don't have the guts or the nuts to play VT, when they're scheduling the likes of OKLA, OSU, and Oregon, thats all.

Well, then kick our a**es in Knoxville twice, you're the big bad Hokies. This is the point I've tried to make to GMan this whole damn post. The players, fans, coaches, etc., do not make the schedules. Its a money thing. I'm not saying UT would beat VT at all. As a matter of fact, I know we wouldnt have last year. Just quit saying UT don't have the guts or the nuts to play VT, when they're scheduling the likes of OKLA, OSU, and Oregon, thats all.

Bottom line is VT tried numerous times to schedule a 1-for-1 deal with the Mighty Vols but were turned down every time....UT thinks they should get a 2-for-1 deal from VT...this isn't the 80's or 90's so screw that......if turning down numerous offers for a 1-for-1 isn't having no nuts then please tell me what it is ole mighty Vol?

OK, one more time, who decides? One or two people? Who decides? My whole point : The fans, coaches, and players have NOTHING to do with scheduling. I doubt any of the fans, players, or coaches are scared to play VT. All I or any other Vol fan, player or coach can do is watch or play the game(s). VT has never turned down an offer to play anyone? If so, would you say you're scared or the players and coaches are scared?

OK, one more time, who decides? One or two people? Who decides? My whole point : The fans, coaches, and players have NOTHING to do with scheduling. I doubt any of the fans, players, or coaches are scared to play VT. All I or any other Vol fan, player or coach can do is watch or play the game(s). VT has never turned down an offer to play anyone? If so, would you say you're scared or the players and coaches are scared?

I beg to differ. Coaches have a lot to do with scheduling. It's their team, so why wouldn't they have a say in who they play out of conference and where? I know that Virginia Tech's coaches have a significant part in OOC scheduling for their particular sport. Fans can influence the schedule as well. After all, they are the ones who buy the tickets, concessions, apparel, etc.

To my knowledge, VT has only turned down offers where the opponent wants a 2-1 with only one game at Lane. The other reason VT has turned down a series is with a team from the far west like BYU or Hawaii. A few years ago, Fresno State called about a 1-1 and VT looked at what the cost would be for traveling. In the end, it was too expensive and hectic for VT to get the players and equipment out there and back so Weaver declined the offer.

Once again, Tennessee has turned it down more than once and for whatever reason they want to say. Money? Scheduling? Ego? Guts?

Guest BEAVERTAIL
He is too busy insulting and making accusations of other coaches.

Basically being an idiot.

Guest JJBrickface

BigOrange you need to stop man. You have been getting PWNED this whole thread.

BigOrange you need to stop man. You have been getting PWNED this whole thread.

Yeah! He can't even read what has been typed by the other posters, and all he doing is copying and pasting what he has said back on page 1 or two... GO VT!

#7 - The 1994 Gator Bowl

HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! What a great post, simply because of the absurdity of it. I love it!! Keep 'em coming, Big Orange!! Keep making posts like this and you're gonna be loved around here in no time!!

#7 - The 1994 Gator Bowl

As much as I hate Virginia Tech, and believe me, it's a lot. I disagree with the uniform statemnt.

And #8 - More people attended UT's spring game then VT's home games?

2009 ANNOUNCED SPRING GAME ATTENDANCE

1. Ohio State 95,722

2. Alabama 84,050

3. Nebraska 77,670

4. Penn State 76,500

5. Florida 65,000

6. Tennessee 51,488

7. Michigan 50,000

8. Auburn 45,381

9. Texas 44,000

10. Georgia 42,458

11. Virginia Tech 41,000

12. Florida State 36,000

13. Mississippi State 31,606

14. Notre Dame 31,104

15. LSU 30,532

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/008106.php

Lane Stadium holds around 66,000 acording to Wikipedia. So how did you get those numbers NO NUTS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Stadium

#2- Virginia Tech has a way better entrance then almost any team in the NCAA. Enter Sandman as everbody jumps up and down to the music. as shown below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRzMCOP2XI

Compared to UT's "T" -

Not even close my friend....By the way, why am i sticking up for VT?

As much as I hate Virginia Tech, and believe me, it's a lot. I disagree with the uniform statemnt.

And #8 - More people attended UT's spring game then VT's home games?

2009 ANNOUNCED SPRING GAME ATTENDANCE

1. Ohio State 95,722

2. Alabama 84,050

3. Nebraska 77,670

4. Penn State 76,500

5. Florida 65,000

6. Tennessee 51,488

7. Michigan 50,000

8. Auburn 45,381

9. Texas 44,000

10. Georgia 42,458

11. Virginia Tech 41,000

12. Florida State 36,000

13. Mississippi State 31,606

14. Notre Dame 31,104

15. LSU 30,532

http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/008106.php

Lane Stadium holds around 66,000 acording to Wikipedia. So how did you get those numbers NO NUTS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Stadium

#2- Virginia Tech has a way better entrance then almost any team in the NCAA. Enter Sandman as everbody jumps up and down to the music. as shown below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRzMCOP2XI

Compared to UT's "T" -

Not even close my friend....By the way, why am i sticking up for VT?

Are you drunk??? LOL