GW 47, Graham 41

VivaFutbol

What a great job the GW Coaching staff did in just one week. Last week they looked to be one of the weaker teams at the Graham Jamboreee and tonight they looked very sharp and focused. My hat is of to the Maroon players and coaches they worked very hard the past week and it really showed tonight. Bulldogs you better get ready cause a you are facing a very good football team next week.

GW looked very good tonight. Graham not so much. Graham needs a really good week of practice! Hope the coaches can get them motivated after tonight.

Graham needs a play maker to step up and make plays like GWs Atwell did tonight. What a game changer.

Shoot, listening to some of the posters in here, it didn't seem like Graham would put up 41 the entire season. ;)

GW's been a quality club, or so I hear. I think Graham will be OK.

21 were against the GW jv's and the Graham starters ; )

You take away the big mistakes graham made and win by at least 14 fumble insided the 20 two pick six and two kickoff returns but the good thing is that is fixable Gw played well tonigt. i was very impressed with grahams offense all that expirence seems to be working

Guest lookoutmountain

It appears Graham still has major defensive problems and still has a good offensive line. I remember the days of Graham having the solid offensive lines to go with excellent defenses that led to so many wins. Over the past 5 or so years, it appears Graham just can't stop anyone and that spells trouble against teams with speed like Bluefield, Richlands, and even VA High, Princeton, and Cave Springs. They stand a good chance of getting gashed for huge offensive plays when an offense with just a little speed gets passed there front 7.

What a great job the GW Coaching staff did in just one week. Last week they looked to be one of the weaker teams at the Graham Jamboreee and tonight they looked very sharp and focused. My hat is of to the Maroon players and coaches they worked very hard the past week and it really showed tonight. Bulldogs you better get ready cause a you are facing a very good football team next week.

havent heard much out of the Bulldogs this year, what are they looking like?

Well I said it once and ill say it again, graham high school football has become a joke, if I wanted to watch grahams jv team play I'd wait until monday, and the strong arm of the marrs boy you talk about? Well it took the other team to the end zone twice, yes graham had like 2 or 3 decent plays but wait until they face a team with speed, because we all know speed kills and its gonna put a dagger through the heart of the g-men, congrats to GW having showed up to play, but the only thing that kept graham in that game is GW's jv team

Guest lookoutmountain

I wouldn't call it a joke Steveeurkel unless you are comparing Graham to Tazewell. A 5-5Graham team last year that's considered one of the worst in decades still makes the playoffs. For Tazewell, that's an average to above average year. If Graham football has become a joke, then it has to be compared to Graham now and Graham in the past, but in comparison to most other Div 4 schools, it's still average to above average. Grundy, Marion, Abindgdon are 3 wins. No speed there. Carroll, Cave Springs, Va High, Princeton, Tazewell are all close games with Richlands and Bluefield the two losses. With sure wins and sure losses, they are 2 and 2. If they split the other 6, it's 5 and 5 again. That's not good by Graham standards, but far from 2 and 8 or 0 and 10. Every school usually goes through a tough stretch or some down years. Some go through them more than others. Graham goes through them fewer times than most. Graham will be back on top in the future.

I wouldn't call it a joke Steveeurkel unless you are comparing Graham to Tazewell. A 5-5Graham team last year that's considered one of the worst in decades still makes the playoffs. For Tazewell, that's an average to above average year. If Graham football has become a joke, then it has to be compared to Graham now and Graham in the past, but in comparison to most other Div 4 schools, it's still average to above average. Grundy, Marion, Abindgdon are 3 wins. No speed there. Carroll, Cave Springs, Va High, Princeton, Tazewell are all close games with Richlands and Bluefield the two losses. With sure wins and sure losses, they are 2 and 2. If they split the other 6, it's 5 and 5 again. That's not good by Graham standards, but far from 2 and 8 or 0 and 10. Every school usually goes through a tough stretch or some down years. Some go through them more than others. Graham goes through them fewer times than most. Graham will be back on top in the future.

I agree. I have not seen Graham this year, but I dont see a Gmen team going 2-8. Richlands is really young this year and looked ok last night, still alot of quirkes to work out as with any young team. The Blues have 5 seniors and if they can gel together and pull off a good season next year the sky should be the limit. How many seniors does Graham have?

I agree. I have not seen Graham this year, but I dont see a Gmen team going 2-8. Richlands is really young this year and looked ok last night, still alot of quirkes to work out as with any young team. The Blues have 5 seniors and if they can gel together and pull off a good season next year the sky should be the limit. How many seniors does Graham have?

Im pretty sure graham has 14 seniors.

btw did you all know that GHS has 33 players and GMS has 32 players.

dont see that to often where the middle school team almost out numbers the high school

Take away GW's JV's playing against Grahams varsity...

Come on....GW's JV???? I guess Atwell is JV then, because he scored 5 touchdowns....and played late in the game.....

Graham dominated GW last week when the first teamers actually played each other....there were a lot of subs and 2nd stringers on both sides last night....

GW will be fine, however I think.

Graham, I'm not so sure about, they have to really work on their defense and special teams.