Hardee's sure does have some good commercials...

GMan

That was pretty funny. lol

I hate the ones they show that has the guy eating with all the sauce flying out and the sloppy eating sounds. I quit eating there for a couple years because of it. Dont know why but it just turned my stomach.

That and Burger King resorting to rump-shaking, "I like square butts" ads in hopes of selling kids meals. I wonder which market they were trying to target...the kids with Sponge Bob Square Pants or the 30-something parents who used to shake their rumps to Sir Mix-a-Lot back in the early 90s???

Here in my area.....not many Hardee's. The ones that have survived are kinda "long in the tooth".....and the only real business they get is b'fast. A new one was built in the Hamilton Mill area.....(which was shocking to me)....and the b'fast lines around it are unbelievable.

Burger Kings IMO certainly have more lunch business than Hardee's but still are not on the realm of MickeyD's. The McD's (certain ppl on this board will love this) are remodeled and updated more to fit the changing times and present a cleaner image. They are on every corner....and their food is basically the same quality wherever you go. Their coffee venture however, can be an adventure. Their regular coffee is one of the best on the market.....their speciality coffees are another matter. The iced coffees are good .....the hot ones....oh, well.....baristas, they're not. ;)

their speciality coffees are another matter. The iced coffees are good .....the hot ones....oh, well.....baristas, they're not. ;)

You would be surprised at how well those hot specialty coffees sell...independent market polls are showing McD has taken a chunk of Starbucks' and Dunkin' Donut's coffee sales.

I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do love mochas. I got addicted to them when the doughnut shop was open across from Bluefield College several years ago. I've had many mochas from Starbucks and I've had many mochas from McD's since we started selling them. Very little difference in taste between the two but a big difference in the price.

In this economy, people will sacrafice a little quality for a dollar and the polls (and our sales numbers of the specialty coffees) are proving that.

You would be surprised at how well those hot specialty coffees sell...independent market polls are showing McD has taken a chunk of Starbucks' and Dunkin' Donut's coffee sales.

I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do love mochas. I got addicted to them when the doughnut shop was open across from Bluefield College several years ago. I've had many mochas from Starbucks and I've had many mochas from McD's since we started selling them. Very little difference in taste between the two but a big difference in the price.

In this economy, people will sacrafice a little quality for a dollar and the polls (and our sales numbers of the specialty coffees) are proving that.

I read about how well McD has done as well with their coffee and such. Their coffee is very good IMO! Not near as bitter as Starbucks.

You mean Lamars?? They were good, but pricey. I used to stop there an get coffee at 6:30 about every morning A girl that sometimes worked that early there sometimes would throw in a doughnut or two. (probably contributed to that place going out of business) I knew her from high school though. I love special treatment!

There was another lady that worked in there that early and she looked like death warmed over at 6:30 in the mornings!! Yikes!!

Could be just my experience w/the hot specialty coffees. I was excited when they started the venture. Just a brief recall of early experiences......they didn't know how to work the machine, or the machine is not working today, the cup was half full, the whipping on top tasted like paste, etc. I think in the smaller market areas you don't have the turn over of ppl and they know how to properly work the equipment. I finally gave up on the hot specialties but the regular McD coffee is one of the best.

Could be just my experience w/the hot specialty coffees. I was excited when they started the venture. Just a brief recall of early experiences......they didn't know how to work the machine, or the machine is not working today, the cup was half full, the whipping on top tasted like paste, etc. I think in the smaller market areas you don't have the turn over of ppl and they know how to properly work the equipment. I finally gave up on the hot specialties but the regular McD coffee is one of the best.

For sure, if they are not making them right, they will taste like crap. Plus, there were some issues with some of the machines they put in, as well as a lot of daily maintenance that MUST be done to keep them working properly. Using the machines does take quite a bit of training and that is why McD's recommended full training for all managers plus hiring crew specifically for running the machines. If a restaurant "skips" any of those steps, then odds are you won't be getting a properly made coffee.

I You mean Lamars?? They were good, but pricey.

Yep, that's the one. Every Saturday morning on my way to the Golf Shop, I'd swing by for doughnuts and a mocha...had to work my arse off to earn enough tips to cover that expense...LOL...

Here in my area.....not many Hardee's. The ones that have survived are kinda "long in the tooth".....and the only real business they get is b'fast. A new one was built in the Hamilton Mill area.....(which was shocking to me)....and the b'fast lines around it are unbelievable.

Burger Kings IMO certainly have more lunch business than Hardee's but still are not on the realm of MickeyD's. The McD's (certain ppl on this board will love this) are remodeled and updated more to fit the changing times and present a cleaner image. They are on every corner....and their food is basically the same quality wherever you go. Their coffee venture however, can be an adventure. Their regular coffee is one of the best on the market.....their speciality coffees are another matter. The iced coffees are good .....the hot ones....oh, well.....baristas, they're not. ;)

When you said Hamilton Mill, I knew you meant here in metro Atlanta. You are right...not many Hardee's at all around here. Up on the north side, there is one in Sandy Springs, and one in Alpharetta. Not very many, when you consider that Sandy Springs+Roswell+Alpharetta+John's Creek is like 300,000-350,000 people.

I've seen a few former Hardee's buildings in the area, converted into other stuff. I like the Sandy Springs one for breakfast, but like you said, they all seem to be completely empty any other time of the day.

Yes, Hamilton Mill is a growing area....but I don't live in that area. I live in the North Gwinnett HS area, Suwanee. (N. Gwinnett will host the Progressive Football Challenge Aug. 29 featuring Brynes H.S. from SC ranked #1 in the nation and Prattville H.S. from AL that is a state champion.....these games will be broadcast on CSS according to following link)

http://www.northgwinnett.com/pages/posts/progressive-national-football-challenge---this-saturday34.php

Going off topic on the matter of Hardee's and their declining presence in the metro area.....FYI the new Lambert High School in Suwanee, the Forsyth Co. side, that opened this fall, has a Richlands grad (not sure what year) as head football coach, Sid Maxwell.

http://sports.forsythnews.com/prep-sports/article/302/