Tazewell making some noise

Fighton_3

really enjoyed this one...thought it was gonna be a long night at first but the Dawgs settled down and got after it.......what they lack in talent and size these boys sure make up for it in heart and tenacity. Definitely the more conditioned and better prepared team tonight.

Lets go for the upset at GC next week!

How bout them Dawgs!!!!

I was thinking it was going to be a long night for the Bulldogs tonight -- they struggled getting their offense started in the first half. The Bulldog defense was on the field at least 80% of the first half -- and really stayed tough --

I would give props to Cody Lockhart for looking at options on throwing passes -- there is not STAR on this team - but alot of good talented teammates.

I would also say TVo and Zach Pauley spent more time in George Wythe's backfield than most anyone on GW's team. They were a dynamic duo making things happen all night.

Big plays for underclassman as well -- great catches by Jaylan Jordan [sp?] , Brad Rhudy, and Josh Mitchem. Dustin Dean was every where -- just about every big offensive play had Dean involved in a critical fashion whether it be blocking or running -- he did a great job. Cory Beavers played well and was a great blocker in the fourth quarter.

Corner had a great catch and was everywhere on defense -- blocking a punt in the GW endzone. I also have to say -- no 'show boating' -- actually one of GW players was penalized for a late hit on Corner and he didn't retaliate. I wonder if he will get as much chatter about this behavior as he did after the Pulaski Scrimmage.

Luke Allison plays with such heart -- he is a smart guy and plays smart football -- he did well punting as did Andrew Murray kicking off.

Gate City will be tough no doubt -- especially after beating Richlands at home -- that doesn't happed often -- but the Bulldogs should enjoy this win tonight and then tomorrow begin planning for next week.

Yeah good game as I expected. I thought GW was in the game, and without a few mistakes and turnovers, we could have left with a win. I thought we were in control until the long pass, that looked over the line, to #21 to make it 9-7. Then the momentum just kept switching, and I think our defense got tired. As usual, I think we will be fine this season, and Tazewell has a quality team!

sounds like you won the super bowl...congrats

You put in the title of your post, and I quote, you just beat a small GW team, they out sized the Dawgs in just about every position, or was you just saying because they are single A... Single A teams in this part of the State will go to fight with any of these Double A teams and hang with them, if not beat them. So don't down a team that went out a fought a hard battle and came up as the winners! Good Joob by GW, number 21 for you guys is going to have a great season for you guys...

Small GW team? Yeah right. We might be a smaller school, but we don't care who we play. If its a A, AA, or AAA team, we will play and we will play to win! GW is no slouch! We are one of the most successful teams in SWVA!

Small GW team? Yeah right. We might be a smaller school, but we don't care who we play. If its a A, AA, or AAA team, we will play and we will play to win! GW is no slouch! We are one of the most successful teams in SWVA!

It wasn't me saying that, I was quoting what that fool had stated!

It wasn't me saying that, I was quoting what that fool had stated!

Oh I know. Good game fellas, good luck on the rest of the season.

Just a quick question. On the long pass to #21, we sure felt that #6 crosses the LOS and then passed. You feel the same way? Be honest!

Oh I know. Good game fellas, good luck on the rest of the season.

Just a quick question. On the long pass to #21, we sure felt that #6 crosses the LOS and then passed. You feel the same way? Be honest!

I will tell ya this me and my father looked at each other when he threw the ball and said no way... If he didn't pass the LOS then he was pretty damn close.... And we were sitting right on the 40 yd line where he threw it.... Gotta give Cody credited, he is a complete QB... He is smart on where to throw his passes and he knows when to just tuck it and run... If Tazewell can fix a few things and keep playing like they did tonight they will have another good run... There is no Matt Muncy of the field this year, and as it showed tonight the other teams are going to have to keep all of them in check and just not one player!

Amen to that.

And a little something else I wanna throw in there, J. Corner had a heck of a game tonight, he played smart ball, GW was testing him all night trying to get him going, he kept his cool and did his talking with his head gear....

And a little something else I wanna throw in there, J. Corner had a heck of a game tonight, he played smart ball, GW was testing him all night trying to get him going, he kept his cool and did his talking with his head gear....

Yeah...I'm guessing he is 21? Thought he was a hot head last year.

I will tell ya this me and my father looked at each other when he threw the ball and said no way... If he didn't pass the LOS then he was pretty damn close.... And we were sitting right on the 40 yd line where he threw it.... Gotta give Cody credited, he is a complete QB... He is smart on where to throw his passes and he knows when to just tuck it and run... If Tazewell can fix a few things and keep playing like they did tonight they will have another good run... There is no Matt Muncy of the field this year, and as it showed tonight the other teams are going to have to keep all of them in check and just not one player!

I had a pretty good angle as well and it looked like he was about 2 or 3 yards past the line of scrimmage. I think he made it look so smooth that the refs got caught watching the play instead of calling the game. It will be interesting to see what the tape shows.