Princeton v. Bluefield

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Is that video actually supposed to play or just load eternally? I know not your fault beavertail. Anyhow I expect a competitive game as princeton and bluefield are rivals and princeton's yet another team amongst a lot others that puts a lot of emphasis on their game against bluefield. But if bluefield plays their best bluefield should be able to soundly defeat princeton in my opinion.

As with my thoughts on the graham game that I never actually posted, the 2 teams played a close game in '08 and the difference seemed to be the size and strength advantage teams had against bluefield's d line as they wore bluefield down, but bluefield is much stronger and more physical in '09 and if they play to their potential should be able soundly defeat them.

Only my opinions and anything can happen in sports. Princeton certainly plays bluefield better than they play most teams on their schedule overall..

Best of fortune to them.

on a scale of 1-5 for each category

head coach : beavers 10 tigers 0 ( freddie worth double points on this one )

assistant coaches : 3 points each group ( i dont really know all the assistants )

talent : 4 points each group

home field : beavers 0 tigers 5

tradition : beavers 5 tigers 1

speed : beavers 5 tigers 3

size : beavers 2 tigers 4

strength : beavers 3 tigers 3

turnovers : 5 points for winner

field position : 5 points for winner

so:

1) if beavers win the battle of turnovers and field position : 42 - 23 BLD

2) if beavers win only one category of field position and turnovers : 37-29 BLD

3) if tigers win category of field position and turnovers : 33-32 PRIN.

i look forward to the game!.....it could be a humdinger!

Edited by capanther

I think Bluefield comes in cocky, takes it in the mouth the first quarter, then pulls it together. Princeton makes a comeback in the fourth but falls just short.

Bluefield - 35

Princeton - 27

Princeton has significantly more speed and athletic ability than Graham, so they'll be able to match-up with Bluefield better than Graham did. As such, I don't see Bluefield breaking as many big plays for scores like they did against Graham. Graham's line is more experienced than Princeton's, and probably better, if only slightly. This is a rivalry game and as stated above Princeton plays Bluefield tougher than any other opponent on the Tiger schedule. It'll be interesting to see how Bluefield plays following the relatively easy win over Graham and how Princeton performs following a loss. This will be the first time in 3-4 years that Princeton comes into the game having already played one game.

I have no idea what you just said

but...

Bluefield 35 Princeton 21

if princeton has alot of turnovers and has to play defense on the wrong end of the field most of the night....bluefield can win big...but, i still say, if those 2 things even out or are not a factor.....princeton can win .

Edited by capanther

This should be a blow-out. I give Princeton 2 touchdowns. Bluefield 40 +

Princeton TD Prediction

1. Long pass for large yards early in the game (typical)

2. A run broke through in the 4th QTR against the 3rd string Bluefield defense.

1) it was a good game tonight.

2) jake lilly represents what a football player is supposed to be.

3) very good crowd.

4) bluefield faces 2 more tough tests in the charlotte team and gate city.

5) princeton has a chance to win some games, i see GW as the only team left on their schedule they can't beat.

good luck to all the kids from both schools!

2) jake lilly represents what a football player is supposed to be. ( he is a very tough young man)

3) very good crowd.

4) special teams hurt princeton tonight

5) at the half i said bluefield needs a to add a verticle passing game ( and second half they did to put the game away)

6) bluefield faces 2 really tough tests in the charlotte team and gate city.

7) princeton has a chance to win some games, i see GW as the only team left on their schedule they definetly can't beat.

8) i was proud of several kids on both teams tonight.

2) jake lilly represents what a football player is supposed to be. ( he is a very tough young man)

3) very good crowd.

4) special teams hurt princeton tonight

5) at the half i said bluefield needs a to add a verticle passing game ( and second half they did to put the game away)

6) bluefield faces 2 really tough tests in the charlotte team and gate city.

7) princeton has a chance to win some games, i see GW as the only team left on their schedule they definetly can't beat.

8) i was proud of several kids on both teams tonight.

well said,

princeton has a good team, I doubt bluefield will face another wv opponent with their size, quickness or speed. T.A. from princeton is a heck of an rb to, I know bluefield won't face another rb of that caliber.

It's the small things that princeton doesn't do that seems to hold them back, at least with this team in this particular game anyhow..

Overall with their program it's their consistency from game to game, but I know they get worn down facing the bigger msac teams throughout the season. I'd really enjoy seeing 4 classifications in wv with aaa from around 650 through 1000 students, princeton would be a contender for certain.

Anyhow congrats to the tigers.

As for bluefield, I have a concern or 2 about their o, for what it's worth, I know they're mixing things up a lot especially putting lilly and patterson at qb some, but in my opinion they should to run more actual plays with them when they do, instead of just hike it to them and have them run it.

The 2nd thought is they really would benefit considerably if they were to use reverses or end arounds off of those inside handoffs.

Overall they seem to get caught up on some series just attempting to power the ball forward without much of a play, which seems to get stacked up often, at least against a sizeable physical front such as princeton.

Bootleg.

So that's 4 thoughts. Only my opinions.

They're playing really good football but there's always room to become better.

On D they played a really good game but that said I thought princeton just did a better job of outcoaching bluefield's d scheme at times with their play calling.

Congrats to princeton and bluefield, best to princeton throughout the season.

well said,

princeton has a good team, i doubt bluefield will face another wv opponent with their size, quickness or speed. T.a. From princeton is a heck of an rb to, i know bluefield won't face another rb of that caliber.

It's the small things that princeton doesn't do that seems to hold them back, at least with this team in this particular game anyhow..

Overall with their program it's their consistency from game to game, but i know they get worn down facing the bigger msac teams throughout the season. I'd really enjoy seeing 4 classifications in wv with aaa from around 650 through 1000 students, princeton would be a contender for certain.

Anyhow congrats to the tigers.

As for bluefield, i have a concern or 2 about their o, for what it's worth, i know they're mixing things up a lot especially putting lilly and patterson at qb some, but in my opinion they should to run more actual plays with them when they do, instead of just hike it to them and have them run it.

The 2nd thought is they really would benefit considerably if they were to use reverses or end arounds off of those inside handoffs.

Overall they seem to get caught up on some series just attempting to power the ball forward without much of a play, which seems to get stacked up often, at least against a sizeable physical front such as princeton.

Bootleg.

So that's 4 thoughts. Only my opinions.

They're playing really good football but there's always room to become better.

On d they played a really good game but that said i thought princeton just did a better job of outcoaching bluefield's d scheme at times with their play calling.

Congrats to princeton and bluefield, best to princeton throughout the season.

do the beavers rule this dog house?!?!

Princeton played Bluefield tough, as usual. The Beavers responded, however, by making the big plays necessary to win. Allen was a tough customer in the first half, but hardly touched the ball in the second half; brilliant Princeton coaching. And folks, Levi Beckett is a player. Ran for a touchdown and threw for two others; the kid just gets it done. The play of the night, Beckett's 50-yard TD run in the second half. The most impressive part was the fact he out-ran Tevin Allen, who had the angle. This after Allen raced past Bluefield's speedsters for the 56-yard TD in the first half. Beckett has some serious speed, very serious speed.

Allen is a heck of a back. Though I didn't see the game last night, I know what he is capable of. Good size, good speed, good strength, he has it all. It's a shame that he plays in such a terrible system with an ever worse coaching staff.

And Buzzsaw, I was saying the same thing at the Beaver/Graham game as you are now. Let Jake and/or Marcus throw the ball some when they take snaps. It will add a whole new aspect of the wildcat (which that aspect is what really makes the wildcat "wild") and present even more problems than it is already causing for opposing defenses.

Allen is a heck of a back. Though I didn't see the game last night, I know what he is capable of. Good size, good speed, good strength, he has it all. It's a shame that he plays in such a terrible system with an ever worse coaching staff.

And Buzzsaw, I was saying the same thing at the Beaver/Graham game as you are now. Let Jake and/or Marcus throw the ball some when they take snaps. It will add a whole new aspect of the wildcat (which that aspect is what really makes the wildcat "wild") and present even more problems than it is already causing for opposing defenses.

I totally agree...We know that Patterson can throw the ball as evident on the touchdown pass he threw in the Graham game.

How come no one is talking about Lilly's "Playstation-like" runs last night...I could see Little Freddie on the sideline pressing the hell out of the spin button...

i figured that one would already be on youtube this morning !