Grundy vs East Ridge

swvasport_7

Both teams won there first game but neither one of there opponents was much (Twin Valley, Phelps.)

I watched East Ridge for a few plays in the Coal Classic two weeks ago and they had a few speedy backs but there line looked smaller than Twin Valley's best I remember....I know there very small.

Grundy should pull it out without much trouble.

I say 48-20 Grundy

Although Grundy did win and shut them out they still played sloppy. They made a few bad descions and turnovers and couldn't put many points on a much improved but still powder puff ky school who stuck around for most of the night.

I think the Wave should run the option more. Kelly can fake people out likes it nothing and usually makes good decsions on whether to pitch or keep it (although he did make a bad decsion tonight and it almost led to a turnover)

Grundy has started out 2-0 which is something that haven't been able to say in a long time. They have also shutout the first two teams they have played this year.

Next week they play there first home game aganist Matewan, which there oppent will be alot better I think.

If my memory serves me correctly, Grundy had the ball 7 times during the game and scored 4, turned it over twice and punted once. The two turnovers came on drives that they were moving the ball well and probably in my opinion would have scored. Not to mention the opening kick was probably the most beautiful wedge I have ever seen and the returner made a poor decision and was tackled by the only guy who could still make the tackle. So they probably would have scored over 40 point if they had not made those silly mistakes. Defensively how many tackles can you miss. I would love to know how many times Grundy players missed tackles in the back field that ended up being 8+ yard gains for East Ridge. In my opinion, the scores makes that game look much closer than it really was.

Matewan is beatable. If Grundy comes out and tackles, then expect a wave victory against the might Matewan tigers.