Falcons vs Burton

littlebluefan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, I don't know. I guess it's according to which team shows up. Last year, for instance, PV barely beat Lee and then lost to Lebanon...but then blew Richlands out. This year, PV looks better than last, and IMO Richlands looks about the same. Going by that, PV should have an edge...but you really can't go by that. PV and Richlands is one of those games that can go either way nearly every year. So I guess we'll see come Friday night.

Really, I don't know. I guess it's according to which team shows up. Last year, for instance, PV barely beat Lee and then lost to Lebanon...but then blew Richlands out. This year, PV looks better than last, and IMO Richlands looks about the same. Going by that, PV should have an edge...but you really can't go by that. PV and Richlands is one of those games that can go either way nearly every year. So I guess we'll see come Friday night.

yea, richlands had 7 turnovers in that game last year and everyone knows you cant win doing that. Then look what richlands did the rest of the season

Abington or don however you spell it will be in for a tuff one I'd imagine, but I say The Falcons will introduce Burton to how SWD football is played! I take the Falcons in this one by a touchdown.

I sure as hell would not want Abingdon representing the SWD, they can't even compete in it much less represent it.

Don't reckon? Who do you figure will be the hardest hittin' team in the SWD this year anyway? I'd say Grundy will be, them ol boys dont care a bit to smack alittle they say.

You can talk alittle when Abingdon goes 6-0 in the SWD. They are going to have to catch the district way down to do it.

You can talk alittle when Abingdon goes 6-0 in the SWD. They are going to have to catch the district way down to do it.

The district is down this season though if they are going to do it they will have to do it this year lets not overlook grundy that team seems to be much improved over previous years and if you remember they played Richlands really tuff for the first quarter and a half last season.

Ok boys, Im just trying to ruffle ole falcons feathers. I am one of the few that actually believes that Abingdon will win some SWD games this year. I will go as far to put them in the top 3. On the other hand I dont see them being the hardest hitting SWD team.

oh hardest hitting no way they will never be the hardest hitting in the SWD all i was saying is that if they are going to do it they have to do it this season. I too have them picked in the top 3 we should know more about the falcons next week.

That's a big "IF"....

Guess I'll look bad right along with you,because these folks really don't know do they? BTW: As a JJK man should be,I loathe the Black Raiders,and if he Falcons hung a loss on Norton,I'd GLADLY eat that crow,but it isn't going to happen.

JIB by 21

burton will shut the falcon recievers down and be in their backfield all night

and if abingdon tries to overload the opposite side of miles then watch out for the counter or even easier just pass it to miles

miles IS burtons best player and maybe the only one with great skill (no offense to the burton players) but the other players are athletes with incredible speed

I dont like either team just giving my opnion

Guess I'll look bad right along with you,because these folks really don't know do they? BTW: As a JJK man should be,I loathe the Black Raiders,and if he Falcons hung a loss on Norton,I'd GLADLY eat that crow,but it isn't going to happen.

i will expect an apology on here tomorrow night. the falcons are ready to go!

ok guys, I gotta work in Duffield till 5ish tomorrow then trudge a big ol' truck back to bristol so I wont be gettin back to the Abingdon/Bristol area till 630ish and I wanna watch SOME game ANY game, is this gonna be worth my while? I had to miss all games last week and I'm not plannin' on a trip to the motherland (BIG CREEK) till the l,ast Iaeger game. So I wanna see something, all trash talk aside, who looks good for this?

ok guys, I gotta work in Duffield till 5ish tomorrow then trudge a big ol' truck back to bristol so I wont be gettin back to the Abingdon/Bristol area till 630ish and I wanna watch SOME game ANY game, is this gonna be worth my while? I had to miss all games last week and I'm not plannin' on a trip to the motherland (BIG CREEK) till the l,ast Iaeger game. So I wanna see something, all trash talk aside, who looks good for this?

I think you should head down to GC for Gate City/Sullivan South game although you will have to stand if you aren't there by 5:30 or 6

yeh, I actually use a lot behind GCHS as a staging area I contract for Pike Electric.... problem is I have to drive a crash truck back to Euclid Ave in bristol before I can go..... so I think I'll do the abingdon game, tempted by the V-T game at the stone castle but that place will be Wayyy too crowded for me!!!!

get ready guys if things turn out like i expect tonight-i am going to have some fun on here 2nite! and the best part is if we win tonight we got the blues next week! good luck falcons!

We'll not see you on here tonight. The crickets will be a chirpin' lol

*Ahem*...waiting.....

Let's re-cap the night for the LPD:

SWD favorite Richlands escapes a war with the team many have picked to finish as low as 3rd in the LPD.

Clintwood hammers TN foe Happy Valley 29-6

Cellar-dwellar Pound moves to 2-1,waxing Castlewood

Norton,a team hit hard by graduation and picked by others to be the 3rd-best team in the LPD goes on the road and wipes out Abingdon.

J.J.Kelly,a team that folks have picked to finish 4th in the LPD humbles a PH team that gave Abingdon fits last week.

I tried to tell you newcomers on here that don't know much about LPD football what time it was. The Rebels and Falcons found out tonight (especially PH). The old-timers already know. You gotta strap 'em on tight when you go to battle with the Lonesome Pine Distric.

falcons had a lot of chances to win this game. #2 is a really good player for burton. hess threw the ball well tonight. i hope we can regroup for the big blue next week. lpd rocks!

That isn't an apology. Me and supr are still waiting lol

thought burton would be better. don't think they can win state this year. as for kelly glad to see them winning some football games again. sorry for thinking abingdon had a chance tonight. good luck to burton this year!

get ready guys if things turn out like i expect tonight-i am going to have some fun on here 2nite! and the best part is if we win tonight we got the blues next week! good luck falcons!

The worst part is you lost tonight and you still got the Blues next week. Now that Abingdon got their first loss, its time to sit back and watch the snowball effect.