This just in........(Sarcasm be warned)

LegendatLegion

The Scott Co. school board has just finished a clandestine emergency meeting at the Campus drive-in over a dinner of bacon-double cheeseburgers and hot fudge cake. Hearing all the rumors on the SWVA sports board has caused all kinds of concern down here in the county. Fearing reprisals by the Tazewell county school board. Gate City's Legion Stadium has hereby been declared unfit to host any future High school football games. After a search committee led by Wild Bill, Broady, Skeeter Jones, Applehead, Booger, and Jlow had to declare several seemingly viable options unfit (Skeeter's field up on the river had too many barb wire fences) and all other variables such as parking, available seating, distance from the Campus (drive-in), finding a flat place 100yds long (normally not a big deal, reference Appy's 94 yd field), etc. This exhausting and in-depth search led them to Kane field near Shoemaker Elementary. "Big" Jim Scott, superintendant was overheard by Skeeter saying,"Heck it will take most of the next 2 weeks before the Bluefield game to get this field ready for a home game." In tune with recent GC decisions, they even tried to rent J. Fred Johnson Stadium since hardly any football is being played on it most Friday nights anymore.

A resolution was passed forbidding any GC fans from going to the west side of Kane field (hereby declared the visitors side) this side shall have bleachers built to house at least 5,000 fans alone and will finally be large enough to house all those rowdy Pioneer fans next year that would otherwise not make the trek down for the game.

Overall the SCSB was very pleased with the results of the meeting (and the hot fudge cake, mmmm mmmm) but were concerned the 20yd x 20yd cheerleader platforms outside the field of play may not be ready in time for the next home game to properly showcase the cheerleaders and their awesome ability to excite the otherwise boring crowds. Seriously! Who hasn't been to a football game and sat there wondering when you could yell? Thank goodness they started that Gimme a G! Gimme C! cheer. I may not have been able to keep up with the game without the complexities of all those cheers. Let's not forget the ever rousing ...Let's Go! (pause) Devils! Wow! it just gives me goosebumps. Not sure what they say on the Tazewell or Lebanon side, me and Broady are too busy trying to shove them around.

Man! i hope the results of the meeting can stem the tide of the TCSB, that and a formal written apology from Governor Kane (heck we are naming the new field after him...at least that's what we are telling him so he will come to the grand opening)

As soon as we think everything is fine, guess who stirs the bs pot up again. I understand this was a joke but you can't expect it to not be offensive. With the whole school board fiasco/rumor and I'm hoping you can see it as the latter of the two, we might as well start talking about the roughing the punter call again. I hope this garbage doesn't actually play out. It could be easily resolved. But then again this is just fueling the fire.

an epic swvasports narrative. the cast could have been stronger, but oh well.

but seriously, as an impartial reader, i have to solemnly wonder how much time you spent typing that out. hope you didn't miss a good tv show or anything.