Graham JV

frito gonzales

Congrats. I heard that Abingdon had a kid hit the QB on two consecutive plays well after the QB took a knee. He was flagged both times and was trying to pump up the crowed after each cheap shot. Is this true? If so why was he not ejected and will the coaches be repremanded for not removing him from the game? Many people felt as though he was encouraged to do this from the sidelines by his reaction and the lack of the coaches removing him from the game. If so someone needs to report this nonsense, maybe the officials are required to do this, I dont know. The fans said it was number 32. Any input would be appreciated. Once again this could be total rumor but I doubt it coming from the sources the info was received.

Congrats. I heard that Abingdon had a kid hit the QB on two consecutive plays well after the QB took a knee. He was flagged both times and was trying to pump up the crowed after each cheap shot. Is this true? If so why was he not ejected and will the coaches be repremanded for not removing him from the game? Many people felt as though he was encouraged to do this from the sidelines by his reaction and the lack of the coaches removing him from the game. If so someone needs to report this nonsense, maybe the officials are required to do this, I dont know. The fans said it was number 32. Any input would be appreciated. Once again this could be total rumor but I doubt it coming from the sources the info was received.

YOTD..this was absolutely true..no doubt this was the most classless thing I've seen in football in a long time. Our QB took a knee to run out the clock and the Abingdon kid hit him late and hard every time. I saw no reaction from the Abingdon coaches when this happened. All the ref's did was throw a flag. This kid should've been ejected and should not be allowed to play in their next game IMO. The coaches should be disciplined as well...but I bet it won't happen. Pure garbage from Abingdon.

Thanks for the info. This goes along with the report I recieved. Doesn't this have to be reported by the officials and wouldn't the second flag warrant a ejection? Lastly, it was stated that the kid was waving his hands above his head trying to get the crowd to applaud. If this part is true and he was not removed from the game after the first infraction, then coaches should be disciplined and suspended from ANY and ALL duties. If they felt they were wronged in some way by the officials, does it make it right to take cheap shots at a innocent kid? Who are the coaches and I will encourage my friends to make a phone call to Abington High School. Where is the school board for their county located? Thank you in advance. I know the kids father and maybe he should be encouraged to make a phone call. The QBs father is a High School coach and I would expect him to take action if the hits were indeed maliscious in nature.

Edited by YOTD

Thanks for the info. This goes along with the report I recieved. Doesn't this have to be reported by the officials and wouldn't the second flag warrant a ejection? Lastly, it was stated that the kid was waving his hands above his head trying to get the crowd to applaud. If this part is true and he was not removed from the game after the first infraction, then coaches should be disciplined and suspended from ANY and ALL duties. If they felt they were wronged in some way by the officials, does it make it right to take cheap shots at a innocent kid? Who are the coaches and I will encourage my friends to make a phone call to Abington High School. Where is the school board for their county located? Thank you in advance. I know the kids father and maybe he should be encouraged to make a phone call. The QBs father is a High School coach and I would expect him to take action if the hits were indeed maliscious in nature.

I didn't see the kid taking the cheap shots wave his arms because when it happened I looked at the sideline to see if the Abingdon coaches were going to yell at him (they didn't). The next time it happened I looked at the sideline again and there still was no reaction. I was told the kid did wave his arms up and down after the first cheap shot and then after the second one he got up yelling like he was trying to pump up his team. A real coach would've jerked this kid off the field after the first cheap shot...unless the coach instructed him to do it. He could've really hurt the QB.

YOTD..this was absolutely true..no doubt this was the most classless thing I've seen in football in a long time. Our QB took a knee to run out the clock and the Abingdon kid hit him late and hard every time. I saw no reaction from the Abingdon coaches when this happened. All the ref's did was throw a flag. This kid should've been ejected and should not be allowed to play in their next game IMO. The coaches should be disciplined as well...but I bet it won't happen. Pure garbage from Abingdon.

Players spitting on other players and fighting...now this, I say jerk the kid out of the game and bench him the next...and if that doesn't work, kick him off the team.

Edited by futbolking

+++"The fans said it was number 32. Any input would be appreciated. Once again this (could be total rumor) but I doubt it coming from the sources the info was received. "+++

So you agree it was someone... I didn't say any young mans name, nor did I report it. Obviously you know it was not this individual so who was it? Do you support the actions of the individual and if so why? Once again, I did not report it, was discussing a lousy display of sportsmanship on any level. This is a discussion board so I wanted to "discuss" my friend.

On a side note, I talked to the young mans father and he laughed, said he received many phone calls from parents and that it did happen. he added that it had to be frustration on the players and/or coaches part. He said his son was tough and taught better than act in that manner. He found it amusing that the young man was not pulled after the first infraction. He said that the coaches "should have" pulled him, but it was ultimatly an officials decision so the coaches were not in the "wrong" by "rule". Did seem odd to him that it happened on "back to back" kneeling plays well after the whistle blew. He added that the team played well and his son was very positive about the outcome of the game. He said that he (his son) was initially upset but not worried in the least about the issue.

and Abingdon fans wonder why we hate on them. You stay classy, Abingdon!!!

you can't blame this on the falcon fans. the coaches should have taken him out of the game and talked to him. this one is not on the falcon nation-it should have been handled differently. can't wait until friday the falcons are going to get back in the win column.

hey beans i sure hope the g-men win a game this season:eek: