Richlands/Tazewell Series

dawgs86

i know we havent won in 5 years. It doesn't make sense either cause when we played we'd always win in middle school but then lose in high school haha

its all about coaching

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, someone's just too lazy to look it up.

Pre 1955, I have Tazewell leading 12-10-1.

Taze : 26, 28, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 47, 49, 50, 51, 52

Rich : 29, 34, 40, 42, 44, 45, 46, 48, 53, 54

tie : 41

unknown : 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 43

If 28-27 is right, that makes it Tazewell 39-38-1, with 7 unknowns

It's like SMURF said, it's all about the coaching. We have always had good athletes just as Tazewell has over the years. The difference has been Mance and staff over the last 5 to 7 years.

He has done a terrific job of building a football program here. They start working as soon as the season is over on next year. The kids have bought into his vision and want to play for him. That's half the battle.

I'm not saying that Wyatt is not a good coach, I don't know anything about him, he may be a very good coach I don't know, that's for the Tazewell fans to debate.

I do know that Tazewell has a lot of good hard working kids and I do believe that Mance has out coached him over the last few years, along with several others in Southwest Virginia.

Bigrhsfan nailed it. Mance is a great coach. He has out coached Tazewell for quite a while now. Both teams have had talent come through and now Richlands has dominated Tazewell (with the exception of the play-off game last year ending in OT by 1 point) for the last couple years.

I believe there was no game in 43 seems like I heard that, I dont know the exact results from the other unknowns but talked to someone who has looked at all the results back to the first game and I believe he said that Richlands was up 2 counting this years game