VT vs. UNC

vthokies4life

Man. I love being up on UNC 17-14 because of a lucky/random pick that put us on the 10 yard line. (I'm not gonna mention that it took 3 plays and an official review to get those 7 points....) I'm not sure what's wrong with us. I got into a discussion about the morality of research with a couple of gay dudes at a bar. Gotta love NYC.

Guest JJBrickface

I must say that I am surprised that Tech is 5-3 and should be 4-4 right now. This should drop them out of the Top 25.

Does that mean William & Mary could shut them out?

That game = September.

UVA over UNC and UNC over VT = October.

I wasn't going to go to UVA/VT this year. Really wasn't. Didn't think UVA had a chance in the world to win.

Now, that this game is a plausible win for UVA, I'm going to be there with freaking bells on.

Impressive offensive performances by Stinespring.........shut out in the 1st half by both Ga. Tech and UNC.........two minute offense and he's running a sweep on 3rd and seven......

Edited by parsons

That game = September.

UVA over UNC and UNC over VT = October.

I wasn't going to go to UVA/VT this year. Really wasn't. Didn't think UVA had a chance in the world to win.

Now, that this game is a plausible win for UVA, I'm going to be there with freaking bells on.

It doesn't matter when the game was played. All that matters is that when two teams step on the field to play a football game, then they both have a fair shot to win it. If one team fails to show up, then it bodes well for the other.

UVA has a legitimate shot to beat anyone if they step out onto the field (as does Bill & Mary).

VT and any other team in the nation also shares the same ability to take one on the chin any week.

That's why you play the game.

BTW, have fun in Charlottesville. :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Nicely done, VT.

Mr. (Jack) Daniels is knockin' at my door right now.

So yeah. Every year, there's that loss that HURTS. That was the GT loss. Then there's that loss that you just laugh at and say, "Really VT??? What the eff???" That was this one. No top 5 team should ever have either of these. That was my sentiment 2 weeks ago. Now, if we're ranked, I'll scoff and say that we're overrated. F. M. L.

When, oh when are we going to overcome any sort of adversity??? The way it looks, it's gonna be NEVER.

Doubt it. That'll either be Clemson or Miami.

And Tech is indeed 3-2 in the Coastal. Good enough for 4th.

Agreed.

Maybe the Meineke Car Care Bowl?

Then maybe, just maybe, if WVU gets knocked around by either Cincinnati, Pitt, and/or USF this weekend then there's a chance for a VT/WVU game in Charlotte.

This is an extremely long shot, but crazier things have happened.

Agreed.

Maybe the Meineke Car Care Bowl?

Then maybe, just maybe, if WVU gets knocked around by either Cincinnati, Pitt, and/or USF this weekend then there's a chance for a VT/WVU game in Charlotte.

This is an extremely long shot, but crazier things have happened.

I think Cincinnati will clock WVU, and I think Pitt beats them, too.

I do think WVU will beat USF, they're just so, so inconsistent.

But Charlotte would LOVE to have the Hokies and the 'Eers. They'd sell out the joint.

But Charlotte would LOVE to have the Hokies and the 'Eers. They'd sell out the joint.

Hypothetically: What do you do if UNC hangs around?

Do you take an intense regional rivalry (i.e. VT/WVU) if possible, or do you stick with your guns and take the local Heels vs. whoever?

Hypothetically: What do you do if UNC hangs around?

Do you take an intense regional rivalry (i.e. VT/WVU) if possible, or do you stick with your guns and take the local Heels vs. whoever?

The Chop-Shop Bowl has a reputation for taking a poorer local team over a better out-of-stater.

However, I think VT travels well enough to give them a very strong contingency in Charlotte.

WVU, too. And with the media exposure they'd get for that rivalry, they'd be crazy not to.

Personally, I think VT goes Gator if they win out, Champs Sports if they slip again.

Could have been worse, the ball was coming out on TT's first touchdown, should have been a fumble, and the whistle blew on the play that was ruled an incomplete pass, definitely a fumble. No way they had time to review, took all of what 3 seconds.

Guest JJBrickface

Once again Tech is going to blame stinespring and once again I am going to tell them how foolish they are for not blaming the HEAD COACH! Beamer is the head coach for a reason. Also Tyrod Taylor is not a pocket QB, the whole offensive scheme that VT is using is not geared toward his abilities. You can blame Stinespring but Beamer deserves most of that blame because it is his team.

I'm surprised Carolina won the game, but pleasantly so. Too bad the Heels have given away two conference games (FSU and UVa.) or they could be sitting at 3-1 instead of 1-3. As for Tech, folks it just isn't the offense this year, the defense isn't what it has been in years past. Even the great Bud Foster cannot produce a high-caliber defense every year.

I'm surprised Carolina won the game, but pleasantly so. Too bad the Heels have given away two conference games (FSU and UVa.) or they could be sitting at 3-1 instead of 1-3. As for Tech, folks it just isn't the offense this year, the defense isn't what it has been in years past. Even the great Bud Foster cannot produce a high-caliber defense every year.

The Heels didn't "give away" the UVA game. They only scored 3 points, for goodness sakes.

Could have been worse, the ball was coming out on TT's first touchdown, should have been a fumble, and the whistle blew on the play that was ruled an incomplete pass, definitely a fumble. No way they had time to review, took all of what 3 seconds.

They had to rule it an incomplete pass after the review because neither team picked up the ball on the field. The official was the first one to pick it up. I agree it was a fumble instead of an incomplete pass.

I still say that there WAS a G.T. hangover. I heard many others say that leaving the stadium as well. Like I said in a post a couple of days ago, "they need to focus on UNC and the task at hand."

I bet Paul Johnson is laughing his ass off right now....