So much for WVU's stay in the Top 25...

GMan

Yes, that game would make an excellent "Toilet Bowl" game...

I'm not surprised that WVU lost...Even in there last win in Tampa when WVU dominated the Big East the year they won the Sugar Bowl, WVU had a hard time with them then. WVU does not play well down in Tampa against USF.

I would prefer the TIdy Bowl. Then we could have the dude in the boat from the old commercials be the parade grand marshal.

Guest JJBrickface

WVU fans just like Tech fans are quick to jump off the bandwagon.

Guest JJBrickface
I never jumped on nor off the bandwagon...I'll always bleed blue and gold no matter how we perform on the field..

Not saying that you in particular fell off the bandwagon. But WVU is 6-2 and everyone is already counting them out. The truth is we still control our own destiny to win the Big East. Yeah it may look like Cincy could kill us but I'm not about to give up on them yet.

well like i told people today at sams club. people that dont like wvu better enjoy the losses in football, cause once hoops gets rollin, there wont be many losses there

Oh, but your team plays in the Big East, where WVU MIGHT be the 4th/5th best team.

There will be more than a couple of losses.

Oh, but your team plays in the Big East, where WVU MIGHT be the 4th/5th best team.

There will be more than a couple of losses.

WVU is picked #2 by the coaches in the BE this season in basketball...

1. Villanova (10)

2. West Virginia (5)

3. Connecticut (1)

4. Louisville

5. Georgetown

6. Syracuse

7. Cincinnati

8. Notre Dame

9. Pittsburgh

10. Seton Hall

11. St. John's

12. Marquette

13. Providence

14. USF

15. Rutgers

16. DePaul

They won't finish #2, and I'd be willing to put a LARGE bet on it.

Just like UVA was picked last in the ACC, and there's no way in Hell they'll finish last.

Preseason "rankings" are about as useless as teats on a bull, ESPECIALLY in basketball.

WVU will have 7-9 losses before this season is out.

that we all propose the tire bowl in charlotte for both teams....great trash talking for all of us ,a sellout in 2 seconds, an affordable ticket, and a short trip....lets just all go to charlotte..ha ha

They won't finish #2, and I'd be willing to put a LARGE bet on it.

Just like UVA was picked last in the ACC, and there's no way in Hell they'll finish last.

Preseason "rankings" are about as useless as teats on a bull, ESPECIALLY in basketball.

WVU will have 7-9 losses before this season is out.

i actually agree....believe the expectations are a couple of years early

JJBrickface, the truth is, WVU is going downhill and fast. 3 years ago i was able to watch every single game on TV without a problem. Now, you have to resort to find a crappy video link or nothing at all, What im getting at by saying that is people wanted to watch WVU play ball, now they could care less. we've fallen off the map that far.... We were ranked high and we could actually win road games (Cincy 07) etc... Now we crap our pants every chance we get. Stew needs to do something and do it fast before he gets canned.

I'm a WVU fan, I love WVU, But they are. You have to realize that

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Guest JJBrickface

I disagree Rocks. You use the 2007 Cincy game as an example. We had to hang on by a thread to win that one. Cincy wasn't nearly as good then as they are now. Go back to 2007 and look at how Coach Rod and the team went down to South Florida and played like a bunch of girls.

How often did we lose away games the past few years under Rod, compared to Stew?

Our team shows no intensity, it's like a freaking ballet out there. 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down, punt.... same thing over and over again

I also think Geno Smith needs to start over Jarrett Brown, What has Jarrett Brown done for us other than losing us the Auburn game and crapping his pants last night... He's doing nothing, bench him, start Geno so he'll be even more prepared for next year

If you don't think WVU is going downhill JJBrickface, then I dont know what to say..

Guest JJBrickface
How often did we lose away games the past few years under Rod, compared to Stew?

Our team shows no intensity, it's like a freaking ballet out there. 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down, punt.... same thing over and over again

I also think Geno Smith needs to start over Jarrett Brown, What has Jarrett Brown done for us other than losing us the Auburn game and crapping his pants last night... He's doing nothing, bench him, start Geno so he'll be even more prepared for next year

If you don't think WVU is going downhill JJBrickface, then I dont know what to say..

Rod also didn't play At Auburn on Saturday night, however he did play at South Florida at night and he LOST. What is your evidence that we are going downhill? We are 6-2 and pulling in some good recruits.

JJBrickface, the truth is, WVU is going downhill and fast. 3 years ago i was able to watch every single game on TV without a problem. Now, you have to resort to find a crappy video link or nothing at all, What im getting at by saying that is people wanted to watch WVU play ball, now they could care less. we've fallen off the map that far....

Televised games are directly correlated with great football teams and/or opponents. When you find someone who is highly ranked (see VT several weeks ago and 2007-08 WVU) in or around the top 5 in the nation, then there is always an increased national exposure. There are a lot good teams out there who are left off ESPN because they don't exactly meet their standards.

The only ways to get national ESPN exposure include, but are not limited to:

1.) Play in the Big 10 conference (considering their television contract.)

2.) Be in the national title/BCS hunt.

3.) Play the role of "America's Sweetheart" (see Boise St., TCU, Notre Dame, etc.)

4.) Schedule a game for a random non-traditional weeknight (Tuesday, Friday, Sunday, etc.)

Of course they'll show other games on ESPN Regional and/or ESPN360, but if you don't fall into one of the 4 categories above, then you won't be seen on ESPN or ESPN2.

Edited by hokie07

Exactly. I'm the same way with Tech. Just... disappointed. There's always next year, fellas.

Feel the same here. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve with them anymore. I've gotten use to the losses every year. It's disappointing, but it's not going to take away my love for Blacksburg, the school, or their sports teams.

No matter how bad they are playing, I'm not going to skip out on a chance to watch them play live when i have a ticket. It's doesn't matter if they are a 50 point underdog.