Hurley vs. Honaker

Big Orange 1

What a great game. Very few penalties, hard hitting. Honaker led 7-0 midway through the 4th quarter. Hurley scores to make it 7-6. Hurley went for 2 and had a pass drop incomplete. Hurley stops Honaker and has 1 more chance, but cannot move the ball. Honaker takes over deep in Hurley territory and runs out the clock to take the victory.

anyone know whats up with gary i was leaveing the game and got down past the high school and they was air lifting gary some where

Gary has a possible level 3 concussion. I hate to see him go down, he is tough as a "pine knot". I hope he will be okay and not have any long-lasting effects.

I am extremely PROUD of my Hurley Rebel football team. The boys rebounded and played for four quarters and played physical. I would have liked to seen a few penalties called on the db's of Honaker for hanging on Waynick like "mold on a shower curtain" but all in all everybody got there money's worth tonight. I guess all of the Hurley fans will become Honaker fans because we need you guys to win next week. Good luck Honaker and beat Haysi!!!

The Honaker kids were okay, it was the refs that sucked on this game...boys we are very proud of you...Gary, you are one tough dude...hang in there and get better . You showed up tonight guys, be at peace with yourself and keep your heads up....Alright, Honaker...here it is you go and do the BIG ORANGE CRUSH on the Haysi Tigers....If I have my pick guys , you are the set of tigers I would pick....The Honaker kids are a good bunch of kids, I was upset with the poor official calling but it is what it is, I can say with confidence that you guys can dominate the game ...The Rebels are pulling for you guys to put the COLLEY PACK in their place...so Go Honaker bust their "maters".......

LET'S GO HAYSI!!! No disrespect Hurley friends,but being a JJK fan (like PV as well),I gotta pull for Haysi to enhance our playoff chances. I was hoping for Hurley to win the BDD,but that's the brakes. How is the Blankenship kid? Thoughts and prayers headed his way for a speedy recovery.

You guy's played like we knew you could I'm proud as hell of you..Coach Davis had the defense humming and Coach Tester was getting all he could get out of a stingy Tiger defense they both coached there ass's off no reason to feel bad about this one you left it all there on the field..I guess my kid sumed it up best this morning at 3AM as I was going out the door to work when he hollerd at me aand said " They knew we where there"..Yep they knew....I love you guys and all the fans that have followed our kids this year. Let's go get TV next week and then wait and see how the playoff picture shakes out.

Last night they said Gary would probably be released to come home. He did suffer a concussion from what I was told.

Little man with a HUGE HEART...get well little buddy..

Edited by gridironguru

u guys played a hard fought game and we just couldnt finish the drives we started ,good luck the rest of the way.i sure hope the blankenship kid will be alright.someone said he was throwing up and from what ive heard thats a sign its definetley severe.prayers are with him.

May I ask what they didn't or did call that was so bad. Seems to me if you could kick at PAT you would of had a chance in this game. Oh well guess you don't work on special teams.

That was one of the best officiated games I've seen this year. There were hardly any penalties, looked very clean to me. Oh, well I guess its always the refs fault when certain teams dont win.

it was iu thought it was a good called game but there was a lot of holding going on but the tigers won it not by much but they did thats all that counts if hurley would got the two points they would of won because there d was playing good last night and honakers d was playing good good game honaker and rebs lets pull for honaker next friday

May I ask what they didn't or did call that was so bad. Seems to me if you could kick at PAT you would of had a chance in this game. Oh well guess you don't work on special teams.

I believe, if you read my post, I named the player and the db who covered,wait, that held him all night. I can't make it any simpler! Waynick is a really quite kid, he has not complained all year to a ref but last night I saw him talk to the ref 2 times.

I believe, if you read my post, I named the player and the db who covered,wait, that held him all night. I can't make it any simpler! Waynick is a really quite kid, he has not complained all year to a ref but last night I saw him talk to the ref 2 times.

I was standing at the fence and couldnt really tell about any holding. The only thing I heard was a few boo's when Honaker had a TD called back, and after Hurley's 2 point attempt failed, all of the sudden, someone was yelling through a bullhorn, that the ref's had cheated and all the typical, "we're not going to win because of the ref's BS".

I was standing at the fence and couldnt really tell about any holding. The only thing I heard was a few boo's when Honaker had a TD called back, and after Hurley's 2 point attempt failed, all of the sudden, someone was yelling through a bullhorn, that the ref's had cheated and all the typical, "we're not going to win because of the ref's BS".

Listen Big Orange 1, if you can get your hands on a copy of the game look at the 2 point conversion. I have watched the tape 2 times and the player from Honaker did hold Waynick. The ref has his head turned right at the play and didn't make the call. The ref was the one on the Hurley side of the field that was a little on the chubby side. I know reffing is not easy and you can call a hold on every play between guard to guard but I can let that slide. The ones that make me mad, and I would say you also, are the ones out in the open for everyone to see and the refs don't make the call. I believe if you would watch the tape you would have seen the db from Honaker, I believe #23, held him a lot and definitely past the 5 yard cushion. Waynick,who is 6'7, had a mismatch with the shorter db so the db tugged a whole lot on the jersey. Like I said in an earlier post, I only mentioned the WR from Hurley and the DB from Honaker about questionable reffing. The refs were alright for the rest of the game. I think you guys have been to enough ballgames and read enough posts on this forum and other forums to know, YOU CAN"T MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY. I have been on your side of the fence and you have been on my side of the fence with refs. You guys work hard this week and bring home the WIN because you WIN and we make the playoffs!! GO HONAKER BEAT HAYSI and all that good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen Big Orange 1, if you can get your hands on a copy of the game look at the 2 point conversion. I have watched the tape 2 times and the player from Honaker did hold Waynick. The ref has his head turned right at the play and didn't make the call. The ref was the one on the Hurley side of the field that was a little on the chubby side. I know reffing is not easy and you can call a hold on every play between guard to guard but I can let that slide. The ones that make me mad, and I would say you also, are the ones out in the open for everyone to see and the refs don't make the call. I believe if you would watch the tape you would have seen the db from Honaker, I believe #23, held him a lot and definitely past the 5 yard cushion. Waynick,who is 6'7, had a mismatch with the shorter db so the db tugged a whole lot on the jersey. Like I said in an earlier post, I only mentioned the WR from Hurley and the DB from Honaker about questionable reffing. The refs were alright for the rest of the game. I think you guys have been to enough ballgames and read enough posts on this forum and other forums to know, YOU CAN"T MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY. I have been on your side of the fence and you have been on my side of the fence with refs. You guys work hard this week and bring home the WIN because you WIN and we make the playoffs!! GO HONAKER BEAT HAYSI and all that good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, understood. I was outside the fence all the way across the field, so I have no argument, because it was hard for me to tell anything about that play except seeing the ball hit the ground. It just seemed that some of the fans were so upset when Honaker was running out the clock, thats why I guess I was confused as to what the fans were all over the refs about. Thanks for clearing that up.

I've not seen anything from this game, but at the high school level it's hard to get a holding call unless it's at the point of attack or just so obvious they can't not call it.

All I know is that I've traveled this season and have seen a lot of good and bad games. But, the officials sucked last week. I know its late, but the bullhorn lady had every right to yell and be pissed. The guy on Hurley's sideline BLEW the 2pt conversion call.

upset when Honaker was running out the clock!

2:00 minutes on the game clock when honaker takes over ,4 downs =? even if you take into count a delay inthe ball reset HURLEY should have had atleast 20 seconds on the clock.

upset when Honaker was running out the clock!

2:00 minutes on the game clock when honaker takes over ,4 downs =? even if you take into count a delay inthe ball reset HURLEY should have had atleast 20 seconds on the clock.

Kneel down play - 5 seconds

Spotting and marking the ball ready - 10-12 seconds

Taking snap with 1 second left - 24 seconds

40 seconds - 1st down

40 seconds - 2nd down

40 seconds - 3rd down

120 seconds = 2 minutes

Fantastic game, hated for either team to lose.

i think he is playing friday he has been practiceing

i think he is playing friday he is ok i think

OK, understood. I was outside the fence all the way across the field, so I have no argument, because it was hard for me to tell anything about that play except seeing the ball hit the ground. It just seemed that some of the fans were so upset when Honaker was running out the clock, thats why I guess I was confused as to what the fans were all over the refs about. Thanks for clearing that up.

you boys help us out this week and beat Haysi...

yelp honaker can beat haysi we played honaker tough friday everyone was better from the flu and that made a big difference in the honaker game but we will be pulling for honaker for shure