Not a good night for Princeton

the_truth

Ok, to the best of my figuring on a sleepy Saturday morning this is what must happen for Princeton to make the playoffs.

I believe that the top 13 from last week, a long with Parkersburg South and Parkersburg have now locked Princeton out. Their only hope now is to finish 16th and ALL the following must happen.

#15 Riverside must lose to #3 South Charleston next week.

#15 RCB must lose to #12 Lewis County today and Bluefield next week.

#18 Cabell Midland must lose to South Charleston today and then beat Hurricane next week.

And of course they must beat Woodrow themselves next week.

We will know after today if they are still alive.

Sadly it doesnt look good at this point but possible.

Ok, to the best of my figuring on a sleepy Saturday morning this is what must happen for Princeton to make the playoffs.

I believe that the top 13 from last week, a long with Parkersburg South and Parkersburg have now locked Princeton out. Their only hope now is to finish 16th and ALL the following must happen.

#18 Cabell Midland must lose to South Charleston today and then beat Hurricane next week.

BHS will try it's best to help you next week against RC Byrd!!!! Good luck, hope yall make it.

They can always hang their hat on the fact that they might be the best team to not make the AAA playoffs...

"We're #17...we're #17...we're #17..."

If there were an NIT type playoff in WV high school football, you guys would be in great shape...

I think Princeton still has a decent shot at getting in, as long as they win vs. WW...those games you listed look like they should go P'ton's way unless there is an upset...

rcb and lewis is expected to be a close game though, and ironically in the situation bluefield likely benefits from an rcb victory point wise. The other games should go princeton's way.

But Lewis Co. is favored in that game...

I'm not certain it would really make much difference to bluefield, but it seems it would or might maybe. Reading through the projections based on the predicted outcomes of the last week's games, they have bluefield finishing at 6th.

I know there was a topic complaining about the wv ratings system on here, but is it so bad that an 8 - 2 bluefield team with what should be 3 victories over aaa teams won't be ranked over 2 9 - 1 teams that haven't played anyone really overall, and have a lot of a teams on their schedules?

Buzzsaw, I think if the WV system was tweaked just a tiny bit to allow some points awarded for strength of schedule, it'd be just about as good as it can get. I know Gman figured out the WV ratings adding in the VA SOS points and if I recall correctly it didn't mean huge drops or rises in the ratings for anybody, but in Bluefields case this year it may have meant a 2nd home playoff game.

I don't know about the other teams but rcs did defeat lewis county. I had read what princeton had to have happen wrong, is it still possible for princeton?

That said, rcb's playoff opportunities seem to really depend on the outcome of their game against bluefield.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

I'm always hard on Princeton and their coaching staff for underachieving, but I applaud them for fighting back from 0-4 to finish at what SHOULD be 6-4 if they beat Beckley as they should.

They had it in them, the 4 teams they've been defeated by are capitol, spring valley, gw and bluefield, they were really close games against gw and spring valley. Princeton's good enough to upset a highly ranked aaa team if they play their best in my opinion, especially if they're overlooked as just an easy 1st round team by teams.

basically princeton has to win and if graham beats carrol county, cabell midland beats hurricane and huntington beats capital...princeton would get 3 more bonus points and have a total of 85 points........they would also have to have rc byrd , parkersburg south, riverside, and hurricane all lose and those teams get no bonus points for any of their previous defeated teams ( that itself is virtually impossible) .....and even then it would be a tie breaker situation with 2 or 3 of those teams......but i agree it was a good turn around for princeton this year.

Unofficial AAA Ratings after Week 10 and Long look at Points for 11 Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Brooke (9-0) (142) (15.78)

2) Bridgeport (9-0)9127)(14.11)

3) South Charleston (8-1) (125)(13.89)

T4)Fairmont Sr. (8-1) (122) (13.56)

T4)Spring valley (8-1)(122)(13.56)

6) George washington (7-2)(109)(12.11)

7) Martinsburg (8-2)(117)(11.70)

8) Nicholas county (8-1)(104)(11.56)

9) Ripley (7-2)(98)(10.89)

10) Morgantown (7-3)(103)(10.30)

11) Capital (5-4)(88)(9.78)

12) University (7-3)(97)(9.70)