Bluefield - LIberty Raleigh

total

Liberty raleigh had more size that I expected, they play hard. Early bluefield seemed to have lots of penalties to slow them down, before starting to assert themselves in the 2nd quarter. We left before intermission, when it was at 28, turned on the radio it seems that at 56- 0 bluefield has turned it up..

Liberty raleigh had more size that I expected, they play hard. Early bluefield seemed to have lots of penalties to slow them down, before starting to assert themselves in the 2nd quarter. We left before intermission, when it was at 28, turned on the radio it seems that at 56- 0 bluefield has turned it up..

When did Urban Meyer start coaching at Liberty Raleigh? 2 or 3 kids had their eyes poked pretty good.

On the interception that Patterson made right before the half, right after he was tackled by three Liberty players, I witnessed # 77 for Liberty punch Patterson while he was laying on top of him. Four flags came out for that and how the kid wasn't ejected for that I'll never know.

The officials that were assigned for this game by the WVSSAC were a complete joke. They were way late getting the ball ready for play after stoppages for timeouts or penalties. They also threw too many flags even late in the game way after it was already decided. And finally, they never had control of the game by allowing such dirty play to go on without ejections. I also saw one Bluefield kid come, #66 I believe, come off the field after getting his eye poked. One of Bluefield's trainers goes onto the field during the injury timeout to say something to the head ref and the ref throws a flag against Bluefield for that. That was completely uncalled for as the coaching staff and trainers are trying to protect their players.

Good riddance to Liberty High School. You don't want to play Bluefield during the regular season, because you can't even come close to competing on the same level as Bluefield. Then, when you are forced to play Bluefield in the playoffs, you resort to dirty tactics when you know you can't win.

Liberty High School, you deserve to get the score run up on your program every time you step on the field!!! No class!!

JM had the same issue with them a few years back when they played them in the regular season.

It has to be a problem with the coaching staff, kids would not do those things unless it was taught and even encouraged by the coaching staff. I am glad we don't play them in the regular season. They have zero class.

I went up and watched the Beavers this week instead of the Tazewell vs Graham game. I wanted to see what all the hype was about the lilly kid and the patterson kid. They are both quick and are excellent football players. Lilly is a beast though he was lowering his shoulder and blocked one kid hit him so hard put him on his ass about 5 yards backwards. Actually the whole team looks good the lineman were blocking down field. Bluefield can go a long way this year prolly another state championship in the near future.