this sickens me

buzzsawBeaver

141114131.jpg

Another trip to a foreign country, meanwhile troops in afghnistan are in limbo (and dying more frequently) about what the strategy is for the war. They asked the president to make a decision in August when they requested more troops, and all this individual can do is say we need time to look at it closely.

Perhaps if the president had actually made the troops in harms way a "priority", as they should be, rather than having spent all the time they've been able to put into their socialized health care agenda, or all of these overseas trips to reach out to everyone else instead.....

54810.jpg

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

141114131.jpg

Another trip to a foreign country, meanwhile troops in afghnistan are in limbo (and dying more frequently) about what the strategy is for the war. They asked the president to make a decision in August when they requested more troops, and all this individual can do is say we need time to look at it closely.

Perhaps if the president had actually made the troops in harms way a "priority", as they should be, rather than having spent all the time they've been able to put into their socialized health care agenda, or all of these overseas trips to reach out to everyone else instead.....

54810.jpg

While I agree that a decision must be made soon. The action of sending the troops would not be overnight. It takes planning. Also, had we put our concentration there to begin with rather than in Iraq, we wouldn't be having this discussion. We have been undermanned in Afghanistan since we started bombing away directly after 9-11. Right now, we need out of Iraq and in Afghanistan. But it's not just that simple.

I realize mobilization is slow, but they were asking for troops early in the summer and expecting to build up there since last year, this wasn't any surprise to anyone, by waiting this long they have to wait out the long afghan winter before a significant troop build up is realistically possible, that's another 5 months.

I've written it before, all the armor divisions in Iraq are virtually useless in the regions in afghan where the real fighting is, this has nothing to do with Iraq, they've been fighting the afghan war aggressively they way it should have been fought with special ops troops and elite infantry up until the last year or so ago.

I'd be all for "reduction" of troops and the emphasis on hunting and killing terrorists being the goal of the war, not this change towards nation building and protecting afghan. they don't even need protecting, they've done well without a real government and protecting themselves for centuries.

It's this latest "soft handed" shift of focus in strategy that is to blame for the situation of needing a lot more troops, not Iraq.

Accept the fact was bush made the wars priority and never failed to be on top of what had to be done, the problem in this situation is the president putting the war behind the democrats health care agenda and visiting other countries when the military has been waiting on approval of troops since at least august.