Bluefield vs. Sherman

bogeavs

Sherman runs a spread offense and loves to throw the ball all over the field. They have a solid QB, whose listed at 6'3", 225. They also have a good receiver (Rollo), whose listed at 6'4", 195. They've put points on the board all season, but their defense has been very suspect. They've given up a lot of points to some underwhelming teams. With the exception of Scott and C'ville, they've haven't played very much competition all season.

The biggest key tonight will be Bluefield's DL versus Sherman's OL. If the Beavers can get pressure on the QB it'll be a long night for Sherman. If the Sherman OL gives the QB time to throw, it'll be a very interesting night.

This was a very competitive game tonight between these two schools. I knew that Sherman liked to throw the ball alot and apparently so did Coach Simon. This backfired on the Beavers in the first half with Sherman running game gaining chunks of yard at a time, with the Beaver defense covering the pass.

I thought that if Sherman could keep Bluefield from getting their usual big plays, then they would be able to stick in this game and they did just that. It was a very hard fought game by both of the schools in the first half, which ended with Bluefield ahead 13-12.

Bluefield came out in the second half and had a plan to keep the Sherman offense off the field and they were able to do just that, only allowing the Tide offense to run a total of 11 plays in the second half. While holding on to the ball and running some clock the Beavers were able to move the ball quite effectively on the ground and occasionally through the air. Big play of the second half happened with about 5 minutes left, when Levi Beckett broke free from several Sherman defenders and outran the rest for the touchdown.

Great game played by both teams and congrats to the Beavers on the win. Also congrats to the Tide on a very successful season and I wish them the best of luck next year.

I had heard some bad things about the atmosphere at Sherman games and how the fans acted, but I have not one bad thing to say about the fans tonight. It is very crowding seating and I was in the middle of the Sherman crowd, along with BHS Principal Joe Turner. I had great conversations with many of the fans about the two teams and tried to learn a little about the Sherman team and answer questions about Bluefield. So, again, I have not a single bad thing to say about the Tide fans and I wish them success in the years to come.

This game to me had a feel to it similar to the Tolsia game a few years back. From listening to the game the quarterback reminded me alot of B.J. Evans. Only this time the beavers pulled it out. Seems like Bluefield should just grind it out against stiffer competition. They did that against CCD in the 2nd half of that game and outscored them 15 to 6. Sherman came to play and their fans sounded really loud all game and were in full support of their team tonight and I commend them for that. Congrats to Sherman on a good effort tonight and a great season and good luck beavers next week!

This game to me had a feel to it similar to the Tolsia game a few years back. From listening to the game the quarterback reminded me alot of B.J. Evans. Only this time the beavers pulled it out. Seems like Bluefield should just grind it out against stiffer competition. They did that against CCD in the 2nd half of that game and outscored them 15 to 6. Sherman came to play and their fans sounded really loud all game and were in full support of their team tonight and I commend them for that. Congrats to Sherman on a good effort tonight and a great season and good luck beavers next week!

I've written it on tristatepreps a few times, in my opinion, this bluefield team really is at their best when they go straight forward with a power game, even though overall it's not something bluefield is accustomed to. It's not a 3 yards and a cloud of dust style but more a power game that still has potential to go the distance on particular plays when the d is spread.

Watching this game, I honestly didn't think Sherman did too much to beat Bluefield. Sherman took advantage of poor tackling and a lot, A LOT, of over-pursuit. The quarterback was always under heavy rush, but missed tackles allowed him to escape. I really don't think he did anything impressive to get away from the rush the whole night. That being said, Sherman came to play and didn't back down for most of the game. However, I felt like they gave up the second half. Maybe they were tired, I don't know because I wasn't on the field, but they seemed dead.

Congrats to Bluefield, but they better buckle their seatbelts for next weeks matchup with Magnolia.

This is the playoffs and anyone can beat anyone. It's like a whole new season and thats what I love about this time of the year. If you are not fully prepared and do not come to play you can be sent home early against anyone. From listening to the game last night I honestly feel like it was a case where Sherman came to play and had something to prove to everyone but their fans and Bluefield may have not have been fully prepared for what Sherman had in store for them. Regardless I look for a very competive game next week against Keyser or Magnolia.