The Stupidest Article I've Ever Read in My Life:

http://www.bdtonline.com/letters/local_story_338173358.html

1. This breaks my rule of linking pitiful BDT articles.

2. Is Zane Dale Christian on drugs?

3. I'm ashamed to have this man act as a public representative of my university in ANY form.

http://www.40acressports.com/images/vick_fugly.jpg

From a little while back.

ZDC has been "celebrating" the holidays a bit too much already...

I didn't know VT was ever "Maroon and Grey"...I know Graham was back in the pre-Carlock days...maybe that's what has him confused. Also, I thought Grey was a name, not a color...gray is the color...

Pretty sure VT's official colors have been Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange since about 1896...at least that's what the VT website says... http://www.vt.edu/about/hokie.html

I guess all these helmets are wrong then...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/acc1.htm

I wonder how he feels about Clemson, Syracuse, Illinois, and Auburn???

I didn't know VT was ever "Maroon and Grey"...I know Graham was back in the pre-Carlock days...maybe that's what has him confused. Also, I thought Grey was a name, not a color...gray is the color...

Pretty sure VT's official colors have been Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange since about 1896...at least that's what the VT website says...

That's the information I have, too. Chicago Maroon and burnt orange, 1896.

VT's even TRADEMARKED it...

But I cannot believe that someone has been living under a rock for that long to not know that VT's colors are maroon and orange and have been since Grover Cleveland's 2nd term. My mother knows this, and she's never been to a college football game in her life. Much less holding UVA season tickets as ZDC does.

I can get over him being misinformed. But for someone who REALLY ought to know better, this is just unadulterated stupidity.

LOL...that was my thought, too. I wouldn't dare say anything bad publicly about a small-town lawyer (I don't wanna be sued to death), but....well...ummm....never mind. :-)

Most of us who know him just consider the source and move on.

Typically, I would. But two things make me dwell on it.

1. He signed it as a Virginia alum. That makes me, and the rest of my fellow alums, look bad.

2. He absolutely cannot possibly be THAT stupid. He graduated from UVA Law...

Guest quispbird
Typically, I would. But two things make me dwell on it.

1. He signed it as a Virginia alum. That makes me, and the rest of my fellow alums, look bad.

2. He absolutely cannot possibly be THAT stupid. He graduated from UVA Law...

Evidently he IS THAT stupid.

I'm surprised you haven't! Cookies and Eggnog. Mmm! :D

3 boxes of limited release cigars just arrived on Fri./Sat. plus the two bottles of Scotch (Laphroaig 15 Y/O and Quarter Cask) I purchased on Saturday...I'm ready for good ole St. Nick...HO! HO! HO!....

LOL...that was my thought, too. I wouldn't dare say anything bad publicly about a small-town lawyer (I don't wanna be sued to death), but....well...ummm....never mind. :-)

Wouldn't be my first run in with a "Robert Shapiro" wannabe...

top ten reasons they should be glad

10. if my team colors were orange and i wasnt the cues. id pay someone else to take them

9. misery loves company. dont it?

8. this is about the ''fearless'' color of orange?

7 isnt orange a drink?

6 or maybe orange is a fruit

5. doesnt VA end at roanoke?

4. i used to love tang

3. orange?

2. shouldnt that be a fla color?

and last but not least the #

1. the color orange is like driving a dodge. no matter how much you love it. you are still a little embarassed to wear it in front of your friends

Pretty sure VT's official colors have been Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange since about 1896...at least that's what the VT website says... http://www.vt.edu/about/hokie.html

yes they were actually. But around the turn of the century they came up with the Maroon and Burnt Orange because the school and their respected representatives could not think of another school using the same colors together. So that's how the colors came into effect.

Guest JJBrickface

I remember in his tv commercials he would always use the UVA logo on the screen. I wondered if he had to ask permission to do that?

Ummm, NO, they actually weren't...they were black and gray...read the frickin' link I posted to the VT website...Mr. Christian...:D

Where the hell did you get Mr. Christian from? lol.... And don't get all worked up there, I just read the first part of your post. lord a man can't make a mistake or you come close to getting the ban hammer haha

Edited by mapper

Where the hell did you get Mr. Christian from? lol.... And don't get all worked up there, I just read the first part of your post. lord a man can't make a mistake or you come close to getting the ban hammer haha

Careful now...you're on the verge of three days in the "time-out chair"...:D

There was a rebuttal in today's BDT from a VT student but it isn't on the BDT website...it pointed out just about everything that had already been posted here...

OK...which one of you did it???