Chris Henry is serious condition

Guest JJBrickface

Henry actually seemed as if he was turning his life around. Just an awful situation, as he has a fiancee and 3 children behind. I feel deeply for them, just disheartening.

About Henry himself, I hope his death serves as a lesson not to mess around with moving vehicles. It may seem like common sense to most of us, but apparently not.

What noone is talking about is the fact that his Fiancee threw him out of the truck and left him for dead......She will be charged with manslaughter / hit and run and maybe a few other major charges..... The children will be moving in with grandma and grandpa for awhile because mommy is going to prison.

Its very sad for everyone involved but the children will get the worst of it, because they're going to lose their mom and dad.

Thoughts and prayers are with the henry family.

Henry actually seemed as if he was turning his life around. Just an awful situation, as he has a fiancee and 3 children behind. I feel deeply for them, just disheartening.

About Henry himself, I hope his death serves as a lesson not to mess around with moving vehicles. It may seem like common sense to most of us, but apparently not.

What noone is talking about is the fact that his Fiancee threw him out of the truck and left him for dead......She will be charged with manslaughter / hit and run and maybe a few other major charges..... The children will be moving in with grandma and grandpa for awhile because mommy is going to prison.

Its very sad for everyone involved but the children will get the worst of it, because they're going to lose their mom and dad.

Thoughts and prayers are with the henry family.

His fiancee was in the cab of the truck, while Henry was in the truck bed. To say that his fiancee "threw him out of the truck" is misleading at best. It accuses his fiancee of having a motive to kill, which has not been reported by any media outlet thus far. Sure, it might have been a domestic disturbance, but reading into her mind absence evidence of the contrary is irresponsible.

To be honest, if she hits the gas at all, the force of the truck moving forward without a force of equal reaction from Henry is going to lurch Henry backward out of the truck. It should be common sense that if the engine of a vehicle is on, one should not be hasty in trying to jump on said vehicle. Must be a hard lesson to learn, though. I've only had 2 friends die because they were thrown from the bed of a moving truck...

But his children will indeed be the ones most affected by this. Henry's fiancee will get involuntary manslaughter, at WORST. Mainly because there's *no motive*, which is contrary to your position here.

she will definatly get involuntary manslaughter..... She could have just as easily stopped the truck. I believe I could have done a better job in wording my post. I had no intent of putting all of the blame on her, or was not trying to accuse her of actually trying to throw him out of the truck. I could have worded that a little better. But she could have pulled the truck over....and she definatly could have stopped the truck after he was threw out of it. She will definatly get involuntary manslaughter, probably reckless driving, and maybe even a hit and run, since she left him at the scene of the accident. she is in some trouble.

Guest JJBrickface

Its a very sad day to be a Mountaineer. I had a class with Chris while I was at WVU, despite his off the field troubles, he was a really nice dude.

R.I.P. Chris Henry

she will definatly get involuntary manslaughter..... She could have just as easily stopped the truck. I believe I could have done a better job in wording my post. I had no intent of putting all of the blame on her, or was not trying to accuse her of actually trying to throw him out of the truck. I could have worded that a little better. But she could have pulled the truck over....and she definatly could have stopped the truck after he was threw out of it. She will definatly get involuntary manslaughter, probably reckless driving, and maybe even a hit and run, since she left him at the scene of the accident. she is in some trouble.

I think you've got a point with "fleeing the scene of an accident". I don't think "hit and run" is proper, as she didn't really strike him. Involuntary manslaughter's the maximum, I think, the more I read into it. But you're right, she should've stopped earlier to have given him assistance.

Coming from a huge Bengal fan, this is just a really sad story. Henry had all the talent in the world. He couldn't stay out of trouble his first few years in Cincy and this year he seemed to had turn things around. He got hurt awhile back and didn't play since his injury and now this. Really sad.