I's now official

canes1234

Marion's new coach, formerly the coach of Norhwood, is even worse than last year's coach, the AD, who handpicked him for the job over several dozen coaches from across the state who had inquired about the job during the off-season. The Canes lost to NW in double OT. NW's kids played a good game, but Marion should not have lost. Marion's Coach had them doing the 4 corners (or whatever you folks here call it when you tell the team to just kill time, or basically stop playing basketball), while up by 1 point with abou 4 minutes left. This is after NW jst rallied from being down by 10. Even a few of the Marion fans were booing. With Marion's next few games, they will probably be 2-6 before their first district game (that is, if they luck out and bat Chilhowie away, whom they hd barely beaten at home to open te season. Hey Coach your kids have the talent, what the he** are you teachng them? If anything, maybe just get ou of the way and let them play the game. Tonight was truly embarassing It's not 1950. The AD tonight proves what many people think around here, on why he hired the Northwood coach over who knows how many more qualified candidates, the coach of consistently one of the worst teams in the area. You figure that out

Marion will be lucky to win another game at this rate. This may turn out to be one of the most disappointing seasons ever. I hope they will get this turned around, but after watching him run most of the overtime off the clock I doubt it.

The only way this will turn around is going to be up to the players. They got it together last year inspite of the coach. The AD had an opportunity this year to get a real good coach but he didn't. The principal allowed him t do this. The School superintendent an he school board as well. They just don't care abot sports. It's pathetic. Last week there was a banquet for all the players of the week for footbal for the past season, and Marion's Brent Johnson was the only kid who did not have anyone from the school attend even though the coach,AD and principal were all invted. They al should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't know the situation, but I'm just asking...could it be possible the Marion coach thought this was the only way he could win this game? Sounds like Northwood had the momentum, and the coach was trying to stop their offense. Sometimes we have a tendency to blame the coach when he knows his team better than the fans. He obviously was familiar with the kids from Northwood since he was formerly their coach.

I think he is a better coach than Haga was I have went to 3 games so far this year and from what I have seen is they have to many turnovers and there defense isnt that good. The team last year had a good defense and had a true point guard who didnt have many turnovers in my opinion that is the reason why Marion is struggling right now I dont think its the coach.

Exactly....they lost to Pulaski and George Wythe...two good basketball teams......plus Northwood had something to play for last night...beating their former coach..Hopefully, they'll get things going by the time district play starts.

Guest redneckman

Marion and the SWD have basketball programs??????? WHO KNEW?!?!?!?!?!?!