Skeens Tourny in Grundy

Flea

Yes, I heard from one of the wrestlers today that the Agie's has been cancelled due to the heavy snow. Most people in Buchanan County are just now getting there power back (been off most places since late Friday night) and over 80 percent of Grundy does not have running water. I heard today that the water could be back at noon tomorrow.

yes the Agie Skeens tourny in grundy has been cancelled, and i cried. haha, i was really, really.. reaaally looking forward to it. there's no room in the schedules to reschedule it so it's just not taking place. : (

I hate that they pulled the plug so fast, but I think they had too many problems to handle. Comfort Inn's lot is still full of bucket trucks. The area below Hardees got power back Monday night, but our water didn't come back until just after noon today. I went to Riverview Wed. aft. and got 10 gallons of water form the Guard, but didn't ask if the shelter was still open. Buchanan's power-less numbrs wenrt down 20% today, but Tazewell's went from 0 to 2700 because of the wind today. Claypoll Hill is dark, as is the subdivision between the station in Cedar Bluff and the VIP Center. Our generator's been running since 10 this morning.

Man. Go home - no power. Get water just in time to take a long bath b4 coming to work, and limited power here. The auto-responnder says the power should be back on b4 midnight, but I sure didn't see any help coming across Shortt Gap.

got power back Monday night, but our water didn't come back until just after noon today. .

Same at my place (I just live about 5 mins away from Hardees.)

It sucks that it got cancel because its one of the few times they wrestle around here. It also gives us high schoolers something to do during break, you could imagine theres not lots to do in Grundy when school is not going on lol.

Believe another problem is lack of rooms, with the utility guys needing them TFN, no places to stay.

Wished they coulda done like TA did their X-mas tourney - cut it in hlaf. Only have the locals, like Castlewood, Kelly, that can get there atr 9 a, and leave at 10 p going home. 8 teams & 1 day woulda been better than 0/0.

most of grundy has power and water now, (thankfully) but most of the working crews are still in the hotels so yeah, there wouldn't be a place for most of the teams to stay. it makes me so sad; i enjoy Agies more than i enjoy state.. haha.

Here is the deal. 1. No water or power in most of Buchanan County. 2. A lot of Buchanan county residents went to Richlands and stayed in Hotels, booking them full. 3. The club was told they could have the rooms and kick out AEP and stay in the hotel that hadn't had water and was beginning to smell. 4. The decision had to be made by noon tuesday to beat the deadline for the Mountaineer. I love Grundy Wrestling, I would do anything to have the Agie except, put out the Electric company trying to restore power. People are still getting power back. I am not going to be responsible for delaying heat to the elderly.

Here is the deal. 1. No water or power in most of Buchanan County. 2. A lot of Buchanan county residents went to Richlands and stayed in Hotels, booking them full. 3. The club was told they could have the rooms and kick out AEP and stay in the hotel that hadn't had water and was beginning to smell. 4. The decision had to be made by noon tuesday to beat the deadline for the Mountaineer. I love Grundy Wrestling, I would do anything to have the Agie except, put out the Electric company trying to restore power. People are still getting power back. I am not going to be responsible for delaying heat to the elderly.

yeah...that's a no brainer. My parents went 4 or 5 days without power and water...I was sure happy to see them get it back on.

this is true. while it is a big tourny, its not like a district tournament or anything. it's good experience for the boys, but i guess in all honesty, it's not really important.. as bad as that sounds haha.

this is true. while it is a big tourny, its not like a district tournament or anything. it's good experience for the boys, but i guess in all honesty, it's not really important.. as bad as that sounds haha.
are you kidding the agies is the best tour. around you must have gotten your a-- kicked at it once as bad as that sounds HAHA:cool:

are you kidding the agies is the best tour. around you must have gotten your a-- kicked at it once as bad as that sounds HAHA:cool:

me, get my a-- kicked? haha, never because for one, i dont even wrestle.. i'm just one of the many, biggest fans grundy wrestling has. and another thing, i'm female. lol. but it's true, Agies is the best, but it has absolutely nothing to do with rankings or state or district tournaments.. so it's not a big deal if it doesn't get rescheduled.. which it's not. now see if this had been a district match, it would HAVE to be rescheduled. that was the point i was trying to make.