160: Tyler McClanahan (Gr) pin. Ryan Wade 3:58, 18-22

171: Tanner McClanahan (Gr) pin. Mark Garnand 2:55, 24-22

189: Brandon Taylor (Cb) dec. Jake McCowen 4-2, 24-25

215: Zach Weller (Cb) pin. Daniel Lowe 1:05, 24-31

285: Nick Criner (Cb) pin. Dalton Cox 0:30, 24-37

103: Austin Compton (Gr) dec. Jacob Bonds 11-9, 27-37

152 - Think that Travis decided not to risk Channing hurting his knee worse

189 - Jake gave up a stalling point with 1:00 left to go down 2-1,

then had to try and make something happen and got taken down.

215 - Daniel went for it and got taken to his back

Edited by VHSLhelper
fixed broadcast goofs

Is little bear the one who wrestled the older epperly if he is I am not sure that one could have went the other way. Epperly doesn't

get nearly enough credit he was in overtime in the state finals a year ago if one break went his way he could have joined his brother potentially as a four timer

Oh yeah he's a very good wrestler no question and was an injury away from top 4 in the state himself but judging from past seems like christiansburg is just ready for big matches hope I am wrong but I think the gap will get bigger at region and state

Christiansburg was just out conditioned that was the main factor in several matches Rife, Dotson, Owens...im anxious to see both tourney's brackets when they come out that will be the deciding factor of this year's Group AA state Champion IMO

In my opinion that's always the problem with Fisers teams conditioning goes to what I was saying about not being ready for big matches. Also strictly my opinion but I don't think Grundy can beat them in a tourny individually they are going to have 4+\- state champions that's slot to overcome with probably only 1 or 2 of your own. Again hope I am wrong and could be depending on brackets

I doubt it was conditioning, I don't know alot about wrestling but I have some friends on A team and I always hear about the morning runs and the pratice's and then going back the gym just to cut weghit and etc.

Personally I would say its the level of competiton Grundy has seen compared to C-Burg. Grundy wrestled in Reno where they saw some great teams but besides that I don't think they have had any teams to go aganist that has C-Burg's talent. Hopefully it will be a little different when region and state roles around.

Dotson led the entire match untill the 3rd period..he was tired and the Cburg kid was still ready to go....Rife was up (correct me if im wrong) 12-2, and the final was 15-12 rife, he was Dog Tired..Owens was tied 2-2 till the 3rd period..Wave just ran out of Gas simple as that

Dotson led the entire match untill the 3rd period..he was tired and the Cburg kid was still ready to go....Rife was up (correct me if im wrong) 12-2, and the final was 15-12 rife, he was Dog Tired..Owens was tied 2-2 till the 3rd period..Wave just ran out of Gas simple as that

kinda reminds me of the old Marion 3 quarters of football...that's why you play 4...lol.

No matter how you look at it, Wave got whipped...they have some work to do over the next couple of months...they know where they stand now and what they have to do...we'll see how they react and handle it...plenty of time to fix a few things before State...I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out....this may end up being the best thing that happened for them.

That's true. I watched the match in person and Dotson ran low on gas and Rife ran out of gas on the second period. Rife man handled the CB kid until the 3rd period and if there had been about 30 seconds more, he would have lost.

I think Regions will be interesting and State.. even better. I watched most of the matches online and I thought that Dotson could've won. I don't really think it was the conditioning, but I heard a few of the wrestlers didn't get a good warm-up. I think it was a mental game and some Grundy boys just gave in. I think they could have truly done better. I don't believe they went out there thinking they would win and just got put in their place.. I believe they went out thinking they COULD win and just wasn't ready. It's almost, to me, like they wanted it too much.. if that's possible, lol.

you must not have read the interview before the match lol.

No, I read it.. I was even there at the Big Orange when they interview John. I'm perfectly aware of that but I still believe differently. I don't believe that all of the boys went with an attitude like that.

No, I read it.. I was even there at the Big Orange when they interview John. I'm perfectly aware of that but I still believe differently. I don't believe that all of the boys went with an attitude like that.

well...doesn't matter how they went in to it now...just matters what they walked away with going out...I think they will be ready when state rolls around...hope so anyway...you live, you learn...smart bunch up on the hill at Deel.