Can somebody please tell me...

Guest Woolybugger

Officiating always goes against Carroll

WOW!!! I can't believe that came from the mouth of a Carroll Co. fan...where they have the best "home cooking" in the district...:eek:

Still yet to see a valid point why Goins wasn't named player of the year. The discussion earlier about the crowds being "Rough" at Carroll are laughable. I guess is if you count fans that actually come out and support girls' basketball "rough," I guess I could see that point since girls' basketball is nothing more than a Title IX requirement in Tazewell County and beyond, and the fans treat it as such. And no offense to you G-Man, you seem like a reasonable dude. But exactly what would your beef be with officiating at football games at Carroll? PRetty sure the refs had nothing to do with the 49-14 or whatever beatdown it was in Hillsville two years ago. We've only beat Graham one other time, I think, so excuse me if I fail to see any merit to that point. Yeah, the refs sure smile on the Cavaliers when we go to Tazewell County or anywhere else in this joke of a district. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Still yet to see a valid point why Goins wasn't named player of the year. The discussion earlier about the crowds being "Rough" at Carroll are laughable. I guess is if you count fans that actually come out and support girls' basketball "rough," I guess I could see that point since girls' basketball is nothing more than a Title IX requirement in Tazewell County and beyond, and the fans treat it as such. And no offense to you G-Man, you seem like a reasonable dude. But exactly what would your beef be with officiating at football games at Carroll? PRetty sure the refs had nothing to do with the 49-14 or whatever beatdown it was in Hillsville two years ago. We've only beat Graham one other time, I think, so excuse me if I fail to see any merit to that point. Yeah, the refs sure smile on the Cavaliers when we go to Tazewell County or anywhere else in this joke of a district. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Uh, you must've missed the 2 pages of discussion where people said that how CC players/fans acted influenced the decision someone. That is a valid point. And BTW, paragraphs are your friend. They're a good thing.

Yeah, the refs sure smile on the Cavaliers when we go to Tazewell County or anywhere else in this joke of a district. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Don't worry in not too many years you won't have to travel to Tazewell Co. to play a district game. Beleave me I will be glad not to have to travel to CC too.

Don't worry in not too many years you won't have to travel to Tazewell Co. to play a district game. Beleave me I will be glad not to have to travel to CC too.

Agreed that is the only place i get sick even thinking about having to go to will be so glad when we do not have to go there anymore.

They'll get the honor of getting blasted by the River Ridge every single year in every single sport.

They'll pine for the days of the Southwest District, believe it.

when there is not a single SWD official from Carroll County in any sport. Most officials are traveling to CC from Tazewell, Smyth, Washington Counties. As for the River Ridge, we competed in it before (old New River District - CC, Blacksburg, C-Burg, etc.) and we currently play several RR & Piedmont teams in various sports. Sounds like the rest of SWD is intimidated by RR district.

Uh, you must've missed the 2 pages of discussion where people said that how CC players/fans acted influenced the decision someone. That is a valid point. And BTW, paragraphs are your friend. They're a good thing.

Ummmmm, nooooooo, that's why I said "rough" behavior must be a translation for actual fan support. And, yeah, what a valid point. Screw the best player in the region out of the district player of the year because the Tazewell County taliban can't stand going to a gym with actual fans. Wow, valid point.

But I guess convoluted arguments can be expected from a UVa fan. And yes, I do pine for the days of playing Christiansburg, Blacksburg and Pulaski again. At least if you get beat, you get beat fairly. And when you do, the places you travel to don't resemble something out of Wrong Turn.

• 2 weeks later...

its about stats, thats all they look at, you could be a great player, or even the best player in a district and if your stats are down cause maybe ur on the bench in blowouts or sharing the ball, then you get a little less attention...im not saying thats always the case but it does happen