Can somebody please tell me...

Guest Woolybugger

Guest Woolybugger

...how Kayla Goins is not the Southwest District player of the year? Did she stink that badly in the games I didn't see her play? I saw a lot of basketball this winter, and I didn't see a better all-around player, male or female.

She had a very real chance to be the region player of the year, and isn't even on the ballot because of a bunch of clueless homies along Rte. 460.

The girls' basketball coaches in this district should be ashamed of themselves.

I mean seriously, did Graham even score that many points as a team on Robert E. Lee?No offense to Sutherland last year or Gallinger this year, but neither holds a candle to Goins. And it's not even close. Anybody who says otherwise either knows nothing about basketball, is a complete idiot, or both. I'd really, really, really, really like to hear the rationale from the coaches when they made this decision.

Guest Woolybugger
try your luck in either the piedmont or river ridge

Goins smoked the RR's best, 32 against Hidden Valley with a state tournament spot on the line.

is Goins didn't get it because she was on the bench in blowouts, that's funny. Carroll shows class and only beats the SWD have-nots by 20 or 30. I mean, would the rest of the district rather Carroll play their starters the full 32 and win by 40 or 50?

Guest Woolybugger
Seems somebody brings this up at some point every season....

Because it's not right. That's why it's brought up. The SWD gets its ass handed to it every year by CC in girls' basketball, and this is the only way they can get a win.

All District teams, All Region, and All State are political (You vote for my guy/girl I vote for yours) just a shame.

No, this isn't "political", this is a conspiracy...

together and vote for each other. The reset of the distirct gets screwed in the process. Also, how does Graham Boys have 13 players either make all district or get honorable mention. I know they had a good season, but they sure as heck didn't go 13 deep. You ought to at least be a starter in order to get an all district honorable mention. Don't you think?

Tazewell County Coaches all stick together and vote for each other. The reset of the distirct gets screwed in the process.

Now you've uncovered their evil little plan!!! Damn those Tazewell County coaches...:rolleyes:

Here's another "quick hitter" for you...

After 2010, the SWD will lose control of Region IV. Losing Graham and Grundy to Class A will give the SWD on five schools. The River Ridge will then get to "call the shots" in Region IV by having six teams in their district. Think its bad now, wait until 2011 rolls around...

Hands down Goins is the best player in the distirct but the dumb coaches of the SWD don't see it that way. That is why Carroll contiunes to win the district Year after year. You have such fine people as Billy Mitchell at THS voting, Goins is clearly the best player

Maybe the Tazewell Co. coaches don't vote for the Carroll Co. players because of the "attitudes" of the coaches and fans...its all part of the conspiracy...

I've even heard rumor of one administrator making the comment that Carroll Co. is the only school that he felt he "needed" to travel to when his athletic teams competed there just in case there were "issues"...and he specifically mentioned "girls basketball"...

Just sayin'...

Maybe the Tazewell Co. coaches don't vote for the Carroll Co. players because of the "attitudes" of the coaches and fans...its all part of the conspiracy...

I've even heard rumor of one administrator making the comment that Carroll Co. is the only school that he felt he "needed" to travel to when his athletic teams competed there just in case there were "issues"...and he specifically mentioned "girls basketball"...

Just sayin'...

Just sayin'...

These awards are suppose to be about the players.... anything with the fans and coaches should have NOTHING to do with the voting. You are doing a grave injustice to the players if it does. I do not have a clue who is or should have been Player of the Year but if someone had a problem with the fans and that kept them from voting for a player, that is just wrong.

Back in the day (early 90's) I played basketball against Carroll and it was a rough place to play in. That is how it is suppose to be. Players like going to a hostile environment to play. It sure beats an empty gym or people who are not into the game.

These awards are suppose to be about the players.... anything with the fans and coaches should have NOTHING to do with the voting. You are doing a grave injustice to the players if it does. I do not have a clue who is or should have been Player of the Year but if someone had a problem with the fans and that kept them from voting for a player, that is just wrong.

Back in the day (early 90's) I played basketball against Carroll and it was a rough place to play in. That is how it is suppose to be. Players like going to a hostile environment to play. It sure beats an empty gym or people who are not into the game.

Please remember one very important thing...I am "the outta whack, pot-stirrer"...:D

Just sayin'...

Which one said that? It should be about the kids and it is a shame that there is not more accountabilty by the coaches

Guest Woolybugger
I dated her back in the day.

I married her sister, Dogma.

because we keep getting screwed by the SWD. Officiating always goes against Carroll as does SWD voting. SWD never wanted CC in the district and they do everything they can to make it difficult.

because we keep getting screwed by the SWD. Officiating always goes against Carroll as does SWD voting. SWD never wanted CC in the district and they do everything they can to make it difficult.

Seriously, officiating going against CC?? Go watch a football game and you will not say that.