Is it just me or.....

No oil leaking??? Wha...? I could have sworn I heard the Liberal News Network say that it was dumping the equivalent of 300,000 gallons of oil on a daily basis into the Gulf of Mexico...they even showed video of an oil slick and a CG ship putting out those "pontoon like" thingies to keep the slick from spreading. They also said it would continue to pour oil into the Gulf until they could cap the well.

Interesting...

Here's the link...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/23/oil.rig.explosion/index.html?hpt=T2

The media picks and chooses what they want to make a "big deal" out of. If they think they can draw viewers they will have a big show if not they hardly cover it.

The media picks and chooses what they want to make a "big deal" out of. If they think they can draw viewers they will have a big show if not they hardly cover it.

And since the media picks, they have chosen to make the volcano and what it is costing corporations and airlines the bigger story. The shame is that for most average Americans the oil rig explosion is more important. I am sure that the oil companies will use it to justify raising gas prices this summer.

Well, the point I was getting at was the attack on the coal industry and Massey.

Why is it this is the third day since the platform explosion happened and I haven't heard once about the environmentalist bringing up going away from oil, how risky the oil rig jobs are to the safety of their workers, or safety violations that B.P. how allowed to go on at this platform all for the sake of profits?

People that think I'm not comparing apples to apples here are wrong. Both suffered tragic losses of employees, have workplace safety violations, dig into the earth that can cause environmental damage/contamination to obtain a fossil fuel to burn on the consumption market. Yet the coal mining accident was attacked by the media 24/7 and that was all you could find on the news for three straight days.