1977 Grundy Flood

The 77 Grundy flood is pretty much what started the process to end the old town of Grundy and brings us to where we are current day with the relocation of the town.

There was a book done by Ron Coleman in 1977 that is pretty much impossible to find now...it details very graphically the flood and aftermath of it...most of you have probably never seen this or any of these pics...so, I took my copy of the book and scanned it cover to cover in the highest quality I could get and then went in and digitally cleaned up the pics...I uploaded it to my facebook page and if anyone wants to check it out...here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2053988&id=1006095924

Not sure if it will let anyone see it or just people who are my friends or you might need to have a facebook account...but, it's there 100% and you can click on the first pic and then click next and read it cover to cover as if the original book is sitting in front of you.

hope you guys enjoy it.

Speaking of books on local history, I got in a big kick on that recently. I plan on reading all the ones from SWVA, but was wondering if anyone else had read them too? They are all in a series Images of America and specialize in towns, cities, and counties. I ordered the Saltville, Marion & Hungry Mother Park, Smyth County, and Smyth County Revisited to fulfill all the ones from my county. According to Amazon, they look to be about 100-120 pages apiece. Anyone have a review about the series?