Carrol 6 Tazewell 3

tazrunner

Goals for Tazewell

Luke Allison 1

Andew Beavers 1

Vitaily Melescho 1

Notes:

Unsure of all the Carrol goals, but do know that uli scored in the first twenty seconds he was in the game. He didn't start the first 3-5 mins.

Tazewell played with backup keeper

tazewell had 2 starters out for that game

yea totally forgot to mention that my bad

we was missing one of our main goal scorers he was sick, so he didnt get to make the trip up to caroll and Rooster didn't get to play in goal on a count of a rib injury.

Carroll also did not get scored on until the backups went in.

you guys switched keepers for some odd reason but that was pretty much all you switch really. U might have put in another player or two but the backup keep was the only thing that changed the game. we scored exactly 46 seconds in to the second half.

Why did you all not pull him when we started scoring? I mean at one point it was 5-3 and almost 5-4 if we would of hit an open goal with around 6 to 8 min left and then we would of been in range of tieing it with all the momentum on our side. Im not trying to be mean just curious.

Edited by tazrunner

Most likely they were going to give the back up some good time during a district game. Zach will be leaving us after this year and we will have to replace the best goalie in the district with someone.

Most likely they were going to give the back up some good time during a district game. Zach will be leaving us after this year and we will have to replace the best goalie in the district with someone.

well, it almost costed you all a W. just sayin

Carroll also did not get scored on until the backups went in.

I don't think that was true. The same guys in the first half were there in the second half

Carroll's keeper the best in district? That's debateable. I mean he's good but I've seen Abingdon's keeper make some pretty sick saves both times we've played them.

yea i agree that the abdington keeper is pretty good but you have to keep in considerartion that he is challenged the LEAST by far in the district.

and two sick saves, pretty sure most of the districts goalies has had a hand full of sick saves. just saying

Show me where I said two?

im sorry i was in a rush posting this and mistaked both times as two saves somehow haha Im sorry man. all swd keepers has had excellent moments of play Good Luck all!

• 2 weeks later...

There is NO WAY the Carroll County goalkeeper was the best in the Southwest District. I saw him play last night and gave up a shot from 40 yards out between his legs. I am not making this up. It went right thru his legs... he gave up 6 goals in about 20 minutes before they put the backup in. The backup was MUCH better than the starter.

i'd say any time you give up 6 goals in an outing, you'd have to call it a bad game. safe to say he wasn't at his best. at the same time, i'm inclined to agree that he is not the best in the district.

I mean, you can still be a good goalie and give up goals. I mean Iker Casillas gave up 6 to Barca last season. Sometimes a goalie has no chance to stop a goal. Probably all were not unstoppable, but when you have an attacker in close, blaming the goalie for a goal is hard to do. Not saying any of you blamed him, but coming from a goalie, it's harder than most think.