so who is coaching tazewell?

Lance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone was saying Wyatt is out a few months ago...so whats the news boys? change or no change? or did I miss just miss the news? lol.

Still the same one that I know of, gonna be a long season for the Bulldogs!

Still the same one that I know of, gonna be a long season for the Bulldogs!

Speaking of a long season, I just heard a rumor that Shaq was going to transfer to Richlands.......anyone else heard this one?

Speaking of a long season, I just heard a rumor that Shaq was going to transfer to Richlands.......anyone else heard this one?

I hope he does that kid is a beast ive been saying since he was a freshman D1 college not sure about his grades or anything but as far as playing goes no reason why he can not go some place. Takes 3 people to try to block him once he gets going.

Hell I haerd the whole team is transfering....... Might as well if you can't beat them join them!

Be kind of hard for him to play this fall, if he still at Tazewell now, don't you have to sit out a semester?

I do not understand this criticism of Coach Wyatt. I am a Graham lifer but I have to call like I see it.

Coach Wyatt has made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years.

He has won a region title (lost to Vic Hall in semis)

One region runner-up (a missed PAT in OT)

Just my 2 cents !!

I do not understand this criticism of Coach Wyatt. I am a Graham lifer but I have to call like I see it.

Just my 2 cents !!

Maybe he has fallen into the Michigan/Ohio State type of situation. You know if you don't beat the other then no matter how good of a record or seasons you've had you are apt to get alot of criticism.

Just my 2 cents !!

IMO I think he gives up on the kids when times get tough in a ball game.....

Just my 2 cents !!

i agree...and this is the problem at Tazzy...they get a good coach and everyone expects state or its a bust...i like coach wyatt and i think he does and will continue to do a good job if they would leave him alone and let the guy do his job...he's got a good track record and knows what he is doing...he has to deal with a lot of parental crap and crying (from certain players as well) and thats the problem on that team...its not the coaching, its the parents and the others that are involved in the political side of Tazewell football...and that has been the problem for years.

shut up, stop worring about just Richlands and focus on the 9 other games you have to play, let the man coach and run the program, and start setting an example for your kids that builds a team and not a bunch of parents talking crap that divides the community...quit trying to run the guy off because you have a good coach and the next guy you get might play "your" kid every down, but not win a game.

Just my 2 cents !!

To be fair, that 2005 season was the weakest season ever in Region IV, Division 3 football.

And Vic Hall proved it by running Tazewell off the field in that semifinal...

To be fair, that 2005 season was the weakest season ever in Region IV, Division 3 football.

And Vic Hall proved it by running Tazewell off the field in that semifinal...

the problem with that year was that Grundy, who had a good defense and high scoring offense that year was victim of a VA High OT loss 6-0 that should have never happened...that gave Tazewell the easy ride to the fying circus...not saying Grundy or even Richlands would have beaten Hall that year, but it would have been a much better game...Grundy had just beat the pants off of Tazewell and Va High in the weeks prior to that OT sham of a loss...9-1 with only a loss to Richlands going in to that game and had two TD's called back...either way Hall was going to be a tall order...as for D3 it was actually a pretty good year.

the problem with that year was that Grundy, who had a good defense and high scoring offense that year was victim of a VA High OT loss 6-0 that should have never happened...that gave Tazewell the easy ride to the fying circus...not saying Grundy or even Richlands would have beaten Hall that year, but it would have been a much better game...Grundy had just beat the pants off of Tazewell and Va High in the weeks prior to that OT sham of a loss...9-1 with only a loss to Richlands going in to that game and had two TD's called back...either way Hall was going to be a tall order...as for D3 it was actually a pretty good year.

Ill never forget that va high grundy game makes me sick to this day to know what went on that night.

It was Grundy and the Nobodies. Correct that, it was Marcum and the Nobodies. How can you call that a pretty good year?! LOL. Any other year, Tazewell loses in the first round, and is probably blown out. Instead, Tazewell gets one of the worst Graham teams in 30 years in Round 1, and a Virginia High team that was the lowest-seeded team in the tournament in Round 2. If Gretna would've kept the hammer down in the semis, that game is 70+ to 0.

And I know you bleed Gold and Blue, so don't pounce on me, here. But let's play Devil's Advocate. Wouldn't it be fair to say that the youngest Marcum was the heart and soul of that Grundy team that year? And beyond him (as the next 6 years showed), there wasn't a whole lot else? Perhaps this is a bigger reason why Grundy couldn't close out Virginia High in regulation. Not saying that the 2 TD call-backs weren't bogus; they probably were. But there are 11 players on a field at a time. Other than Marcum, the other 10 on that field were probably equivalent to Virginia High's unit, perhaps even a bit less than that.

All I'm saying is that although the referees probably kept Grundy out of Round 2, the talent level on those squads was a LOT closer than most people in the coalfields would like to admit. Hence, proving my point that R4D3 was VERY weak that season.

It was Grundy and the Nobodies. Correct that, it was Marcum and the Nobodies. How can you call that a pretty good year?! LOL. Any other year, Tazewell loses in the first round, and is probably blown out. Instead, Tazewell gets one of the worst Graham teams in 30 years in Round 1, and a Virginia High team that was the lowest-seeded team in the tournament in Round 2. If Gretna would've kept the hammer down in the semis, that game is 70+ to 0.

And I know you bleed Gold and Blue, so don't pounce on me, here. But let's play Devil's Advocate. Wouldn't it be fair to say that the youngest Marcum was the heart and soul of that Grundy team that year? And beyond him (as the next 6 years showed), there wasn't a whole lot else? Perhaps this is a bigger reason why Grundy couldn't close out Virginia High in regulation. Not saying that the 2 TD call-backs weren't bogus; they probably were. But there are 11 players on a field at a time. Other than Marcum, the other 10 on that field were probably equivalent to Virginia High's unit, perhaps even a bit less than that.

All I'm saying is that although the referees probably kept Grundy out of Round 2, the talent level on those squads was a LOT closer than most people in the coalfields would like to admit. Hence, proving my point that R4D3 was VERY weak that season.

well...i can tell you I actually went to a LOT of games that year...both Grundy and other SWD teams...the parity that year was pretty level I thought...Grundy was up with marcum running the ball, but they didn't have enough sense to ever use Marcum correctly...the secret truth that no one really knows about on that team was a strong defense...they probably had one of the all time best defenses that year and believe me it pulled them out of the fire more often than the scoreboard would end up showing that year...also, I don't know how many games I saw where they could have easily run the score on up and didn't even play the second half at all...I've seen every team do it at some point where you just relax and take it easy and run the clock out...no big deal. Top to bottom though it was a lot closer in talent than it might look on the scoreboards...they beat up on each other a lot and I don't see that as a D3 down year at all...it was just more even than usual I think...but none of the teams other than Grundy and Richlands would have given Vic Hall a run for the money that year...and to be honest I doubt any of the other D4 teams would have, so to compare D3 to Hall and say it was down based on just that is sort of out there?

As for the Grundy game...it was a total sham...the full game videos were posted here for all to watch...I didn't see many people who watched them say anything other than it was total BS. The field was as bad as I have ever seen it that night, VA High did nothing the entire game, they didn't even get near the red zone until they were put there in OT...I think the closest they got was the 40 yard line all night...Grundy had every chance taken away in that game...anything positive was called back time after time...including 2 TD's and a 70+ yard screen pass that would have put Grundy on the 2 yard line. If you were at the game or watched the videos, you know what went down...it was dirty.

Grundy was dumb for even playing that game at home, should have played it at VA High or Tazewell or anywhere else that had a good field...you don't take a team with good speed and play in a mud hole like that if you don't have to...Grundy should have jumped on the chance to play it elsewhere and they would have beaten Va High by 3 td's easy. Va High was 4-6 (they beat 2 A teams and Abingdon and Marion) and Grundy was 9-1 going in to that game.

I don't know...I watched the games myself and I saw all of the SWD teams play that year, it's just my opinion based on what I saw...not just with Grundy, but D3 as well.

This team of 2004, was made up of the freshman and sophomores that beat a pretty good Bradshaw led Graham team in the 2002 region 4 finals. To say they were not very good is totally off base.

This team of 2004, was made up of the freshman and sophomores that beat a pretty good Bradshaw led Graham team in the 2002 region 4 finals. To say they were not very good is totally off base.

I agree...I still think that is one of the best teams Grundy has put on the field...if you made a list of the top 5 teams it would have to be on there somewhere...most people who did not see them play or follow the team would be easy to focus on Marcum, but the defense was excellent that year.

looking forward to this year to see what the boys can do...good group of SR's this year.

well...i can tell you I actually went to a LOT of games that year...both Grundy and other SWD teams...the parity that year was pretty level I thought...Grundy was up with marcum running the ball, but they didn't have enough sense to ever use Marcum correctly...the secret truth that no one really knows about on that team was a strong defense...they probably had one of the all time best defenses that year and believe me it pulled them out of the fire more often than the scoreboard would end up showing that year...also, I don't know how many games I saw where they could have easily run the score on up and didn't even play the second half at all...I've seen every team do it at some point where you just relax and take it easy and run the clock out...no big deal. Top to bottom though it was a lot closer in talent than it might look on the scoreboards...they beat up on each other a lot and I don't see that as a D3 down year at all...it was just more even than usual I think...but none of the teams other than Grundy and Richlands would have given Vic Hall a run for the money that year...and to be honest I doubt any of the other D4 teams would have, so to compare D3 to Hall and say it was down based on just that is sort of out there?

As for the Grundy game...it was a total sham...the full game videos were posted here for all to watch...I didn't see many people who watched them say anything other than it was total BS. The field was as bad as I have ever seen it that night, VA High did nothing the entire game, they didn't even get near the red zone until they were put there in OT...I think the closest they got was the 40 yard line all night...Grundy had every chance taken away in that game...anything positive was called back time after time...including 2 TD's and a 70+ yard screen pass that would have put Grundy on the 2 yard line. If you were at the game or watched the videos, you know what went down...it was dirty.

Grundy was dumb for even playing that game at home, should have played it at VA High or Tazewell or anywhere else that had a good field...you don't take a team with good speed and play in a mud hole like that if you don't have to...Grundy should have jumped on the chance to play it elsewhere and they would have beaten Va High by 3 td's easy. Va High was 4-6 (they beat 2 A teams and Abingdon and Marion) and Grundy was 9-1 going in to that game.

I don't know...I watched the games myself and I saw all of the SWD teams play that year, it's just my opinion based on what I saw...not just with Grundy, but D3 as well.

I agree with you that there was a lot of parody in R4D3 in 2005, and that's not inconsistent with my point, either. I also agree that the REST of D3 was pretty good that year. Just not Region IV. I got to come back from Charlottesville and observe a few games that year, and the football just looked so diluted to me. Poor playcalling (start of the Marrs era, IIRC), and about as poor execution. Outside of Marcum, there was very little speed in Region IV. What seemed amiss to me, outside of Grundy, there was really no size, either. Of course, Richlands was still D4 at this time. I remarked to a few of my friends that it looked like we were watching J.V. teams. I do remember watching Graham/Grundy that year, crazy enough, and seeing just how poorly the staff used Marcum. Thought to myself that Grundy might have had a shot in running with Gretna if they used him a bit better.

I think we'll have to settle on our opinions being different, which is fine with me. :)

I don't think, though, that it's crazy to gauge Region IV's performance based on Region III. If you assume with me that the semifinals represent the best in Region IV facing the best in Region III, that demolition Gretna laid on Tazewell doesn't speak highly for Region IV. Yes, Gretna called off the dogs midway through the 3rd quarter, but a 7-5 team should have more pride than to lay down and die like Tazewell did through 2.5 quarters. I think it is safe to assume that Tazewell was at least the 2nd-best team in Region IV, given Grundy's exit that year. But could Grundy have done much better? Gretna was a strategic mismatch for Grundy, IMO. Grundy misused their biggest weapon, and Gretna's speed would've created a whole mess of trouble for a Grundy team that I don't remember as exceptionally quick.

I agree, though, that the game should've been moved off that mud pit. I'm sure there had to be a different venue to play that game so that it could've been a home game for Grundy. Was there anything else available? And was there talk of moving it if there was something else? I know in Bluefield, it could hypothetically be played beside the high school.

But by the same token, a snow-covered field in 2002 helped you guys beat Graham. Graham was much more finesse and speed, and you guys were much slower but bigger and more powerful. Four yards and a cloud of snow that night. Dry field, Graham would've won by 2 scores. Dry field in 2005, Grundy probably wins by 30+. At least your situation could've been helped.

BTW, I love having these kind of discussions. Makes me reminisce. :)