Va Tech question

Could this be potentially the greatest offense in the history of Va Tech ? They definitely have questions on defense but I am asking the question about talent ! We had Lee Suggs and Kevin Jones but here is a list of returnees:

Tyrod Taylor 13 td 5 picks big improvement over 2 tds and 7 picks , which the improvement in receiving did help .

Ryan Williams 1655 yards ACC freshman record

Darren Evans 1265 yards 2008 set out last year.

Josh Oglesby 78-335 moved to fullback could be running the fullback a little more

David Wilson probably will redshirt but provides depth.

Jarrett Boykin 40 catches 835 yards

Danny Coale 30-614

Dyrell Roberts 22-390

They also have Roberts and Jayron Hosley to return kicks !

Offensive line returns 3 starters

Jaymes Brooks

Beau Warren

Blake DeChristopher

The big question marks are special teams and defense , which may be a blessing in disguise because those are the areas where Tech is usually the best and should get better as season progresses , which brings up the Boise State game . Are we good enough defensively to score enough against them?

The biggest question mark will be the offensive line. Bud Foster knows how to coach and has plenty of talent to work with. Tech's OL is going to face some nasty defenses in '10, especially those fielded at UNC and Miami. And replacing two OL will be a big task considering the recent history of Tech's offensive lines.

The biggest question mark will be the offensive line. Bud Foster knows how to coach and has plenty of talent to work with. Tech's OL is going to face some nasty defenses in '10, especially those fielded at UNC and Miami. And replacing two OL will be a big task considering the recent history of Tech's offensive lines.

Yep. It starts with the O Line. If they can't contain defenses, Tech won't win games. Simple as that.

One word...

Stinespring

Haha I knew you were coming with something about him.

Defense will be fine I think basically because we have that one defensive coordinator, whats his name, oh yea, Bud Foster.

Offense is tough to tell.

Plenty of talent but that offensive coordinator Brian Stinespring ain't that good.

Don't count your chicken's before they hatch !!!!! Tech may not be that good this year.

Believe us. We're not counting. I would be rather shocked and pleased if we did more than our standard 10 wins/be competitive for an ACC Championship/maybe play in the Orange Bowl, maybe play in the Chick-fil-a bowl season. Even that is never guaranteed.

Doesn't matter if it's their best offense ever. UNC has the best defense PERIOD. Tech has no shot at winning the Coastal b/c UNC plans on going undefeated in ACC play. And a win against LSU means undeafeated season for UNC.

Doesn't matter if it's their best offense ever. UNC has the best defense PERIOD. Tech has no shot at winning the Coastal b/c UNC plans on going undefeated in ACC play. And a win against LSU means undeafeated season for UNC.

Got any more of that baby blue Kool-Aid?

Who's UNC's coach? Butch Davis. Great recruiter, POOR in-game coach. A good defensive team can halt UNC in their tracks, and that's how it's been since ol' Butch arrived. Heck, my Hoos held them to 3 freaking points last year (3 is also the number of WINS we had). It's not a coincidence that Miami won 2 natties the 2 seasons after Butch left. And yes, I'm counting that larceny against OSU-North as a natty. Sue me.

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

What do we have for him, Johnny?

Another 10 win season thanks to a folks on the defensive side of the ball....back to you Bob...:D

Everyone hopes to go undefeated...but it ain't happening...especially for UNC...

I've been drinking this beautiful Carolina Blue kool-aid for a while now. It's turned up a bit sour the past few years but I'm thinking it's got just the right amount of sugar in it now. That UVA game was a joke. I've never been so frustrated over lack of offense in my life. I love defense but that game was straight boring and I'm sure the stress shortened my life span a year or so. But I still have faith in TJ Yates, unlike some Carolina fans. He's gonna have a good core of receivers around him this year with the freshman getting experience. If you guys recall 2 years ago when we had the 3 best recievers in the ACC (Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Tate, Brooks Foster) TJ was killing it until he got hurt in the Tech game. I see more of that happening this year, only this year I'm not too scared if he gets hurt because Renner is gonna be a star no matter when we throw him in there.

Uh-oh, looks like somebody got into a little trouble in the land of baby blue...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5373293

UNC's Sturdivant faces drug charge

North Carolina linebacker Quan Sturdivant, a first team all-ACC selection in 2009, was arrested Saturday morning and faces a misdemeanor charge for possession of marijuana, a school spokesman confirmed on Monday.

"We are disappointed in Quan's actions over the weekend," coach Butch Davis said in a prepared statement released Monday morning. "This is not the type of behavior we expect from our student-athletes. In addition to the outcome of the legal process, he also will face disciplinary action from within the football program beginning immediately."

It's the second legal issue for the heralded North Carolina defense in less than a month. Reserve defensive tackle Jared McAdoo was charged on June 19 with a misdemeanor for having a BB gun on campus. McAdoo is also expected to face further disciplinary sanctions.

Sturdivant, who passed up entering this year's NFL draft to return for his senior season, led the team with 79 tackles and was second with 12 tackles for a loss. He had one fumble recovery and one forced fumble.

The Tar Heels open the season Sept. 4 in Atlanta against LSU.

BTW, have you seen UNC's schedule for this year...no way they go undefeated...

LSU (in ATL), GT, @ Rutgers, Clemson, @ Miami, @ FSU, Virginia Tech plus they play UVA at UVA...when was the last time UNC beat UVA in Charlottesville??? Hell, they've only beaten UVA once in the last eight years...

However, if they do go undefeated, I will be the first to say they deserve a shot at the National Championship...

LSU (in ATL), GT, @ Rutgers, Clemson, @ Miami, @ FSU, Virginia Tech plus they play UVA at UVA...when was the last time UNC beat UVA in Charlottesville??? Hell, they've only beaten UVA once in the last eight years...

However, if they do go undefeated, I will be the first to say they deserve a shot at the National Championship...

I would agree with that.

I've been drinking this beautiful Carolina Blue kool-aid for a while now. It's turned up a bit sour the past few years but I'm thinking it's got just the right amount of sugar in it now. That UVA game was a joke. I've never been so frustrated over lack of offense in my life. I love defense but that game was straight boring and I'm sure the stress shortened my life span a year or so. But I still have faith in TJ Yates, unlike some Carolina fans. He's gonna have a good core of receivers around him this year with the freshman getting experience. If you guys recall 2 years ago when we had the 3 best recievers in the ACC (Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Tate, Brooks Foster) TJ was killing it until he got hurt in the Tech game. I see more of that happening this year, only this year I'm not too scared if he gets hurt because Renner is gonna be a star no matter when we throw him in there.

Yates isn't the problem. Butch Davis is. You replace Davis with a good gameday coach like Jim Harbaugh, UNC would win 11 games this season. I'm not freaking kidding you, they are that loaded. Davis costs them 3 games/season because he's such an atrocious Xs-and-Os guy.

1982. George Welsh's second season. Before I was born. That's how long.

And that 1 time in the last 8 years was that 7-5 game. Or as I called it, the day I offically started calling for Groh's head.