Cant get elected in 2012?

bucfan64

Be careful Bucfan, I couldn't help but notice all of the states who seem to be for this measure are "deep blue." This could be just another end run around the constitution.

That is exactly what this is, and I am totally against it......

I was being sarcastic, implying that the progressives are out of options, so this would be the best option for them to take, and it appears to be the option that they are pushing!

I totally disagree with this nonsense, it is nothing more than high treason in my book, only those desperate enough to do anything would resort to such a measure..........the electoral college is the only way that small states have a voice, it is the only way that each state can be properly represented. This popular vote nonsense, leaves the little guys out and they know it!

That is exactly what this is, and I am totally against it......

I was being sarcastic, implying that the progressives are out of options, so this would be the best option for them to take, and it appears to be the option that they are pushing!

I totally disagree with this nonsense, it is nothing more than high treason in my book, only those desperate enough to do anything would resort to such a measure..........the electoral college is the only way that small states have a voice, it is the only way that each state can be properly represented. This popular vote nonsense, leaves the little guys out and they know it!

How do you feel about the fact that the Electors are not legally bound to cast their vote for the winner of the state popular vote, they usually do since they are party loyalists.

How do you feel about the fact that Maine and Nebraska allocate their Electoral votes using the Congressional District Method. Under the Congressional District Method, the electoral votes are distributed based on the popular vote winner within each of the state’s individual congressional districts; the statewide popular vote winner receives two additional electoral votes.

How do you feel about the fact that the Electors are not legally bound to cast their vote for the winner of the state popular vote, they usually do since they are party loyalists.

How do you feel about the fact that Maine and Nebraska allocate their Electoral votes using the Congressional District Method. Under the Congressional District Method, the electoral votes are distributed based on the popular vote winner within each of the state’s individual congressional districts; the statewide popular vote winner receives two additional electoral votes.

Personally, I prefer the Congressional District Method. It preserves the reason for which the Electoral College was created, while it gives each Congressional district its own distinct voice in selecting a leader. I think this might also boost voter turnout, even if only slightly.

I too agree about the Congressional District Method. The winner take all part of the Electoral College does tend to penalize parts of states that are traditionally strong for a given party tend to not make an effort to get out the vote if the state wide polls show the other party with a big lead going into the election.

I too agree about the Congressional District Method. The winner take all part of the Electoral College does tend to penalize parts of states that are traditionally strong for a given party tend to not make an effort to get out the vote if the state wide polls show the other party with a big lead going into the election.

Pennsylvania's a good example of how this could work. Most everything east of Pittsburgh and west of Philadelphia is very conservative. Rural Pennsylvania typically has lower national election numbers, because a lot of Central PA residents know how the state turns out. The Congressional District system would give them a better voice.

And I'm sure there are other examples. Northern and Central California would be another.