Benefit Game--Bassett comes to Richlands

parsons

Should be interesting..........according to Va. Preps, Bassett returns 17 starters and put a thumping on Blacksburg in a scrimmage last week. We all know scrimmages mean nothing (my token disclaimer), but..........

Should be interesting..........according to Va. Preps, Bassett returns 17 starters and put a thumping on Blacksburg in a scrimmage last week. We all know scrimmages mean nothing (my token disclaimer), but..........

Richlands needs to use this game to get all the quirks soarted out before heading to GC next week. I would not overly play my starters on chance they may get hurt but then again you want them to get plenty of reps, darn if you do darn if you don't. I don't look for Mance to show to much at all this week, mainly just execution, timing and getting rid of the butterflies. I look for a pretty good football game friday.

Richlands needs to use this game to get all the quirks soarted out before heading to GC next week. I would not overly play my starters on chance they may get hurt but then again you want them to get plenty of reps, darn if you do darn if you don't. I don't look for Mance to show to much at all this week, mainly just execution, timing and getting rid of the butterflies. I look for a pretty good football game friday.

I think your right Nado, I don't think he shows a lot because he knows Gate City will be scouting the game. I think he will be careful with most of his starters but will keep them in until he sees the type of execution that he's looking for. Then he will give some playing time to the backups to help them and keep the starters injury free. ( WE HOPE they stay injury free ).

Bassett will be a good test ! They are a D4 team that has been to the playoffs the last several years and have several returning players.

Although if I did read it right on VA preps, it said they made the playoffs with a 3 & 7 record last year. It must mean that they played a tough schedule. Anyway, any team that that has that many returning players should be good, and reading a little about them, they sound big & pretty quick.

Should be fun to watch !

Bassett should have plenty of athletes...and if they beat Blacksburg that bad, even if it's a scrimmage, they should be a quality opponent...I'd be interested to see this myself. Should give a good indication of how good Richlands could be...I think this could be one of Richlands best teams ever and expect them to go very far...very tough, physical bunch from what I saw last week...Combine that with size and speed and you've got a heck of a team.

I know Mance wants to win the game against Bassett, but I wonder how hard he'll try. I mean will he leave his starters in for most of the game to try to win it or just long enough to get them some work ?

I think he'll play them at least the 1st half and maybe some of the 3rd. Both QB's need reps to get the timing down.

Momentum is important in football and I'm sure that he would like going into the season with a win against Bassett.

The danger is the old injury bug, but your first game is the next week and you have to see how your team will perform over the course of a game.

I can't wait to watch it, it should be a good game between 2 good teams.

What do you guys think he will do ?

I know Mance wants to win the game against Bassett, but I wonder how hard he'll try. I mean will he leave his starters in for most of the game to try to win it or just long enough to get them some work ?

I think he'll play them at least the 1st half and maybe some of the 3rd. Both QB's need reps to get the timing down.

Momentum is important in football and I'm sure that he would like going into the season with a win against Bassett.

The danger is the old injury bug, but your first game is the next week and you have to see how your team will perform over the course of a game.

I can't wait to watch it, it should be a good game between 2 good teams.

What do you guys think he will do ?

I think we will see the starters the first half and half of the 3rd quarter just like they do when they are up big on somebody. Although I think you will see alot of rotation throughout the game.