Wow, Doug Marrs really, really screwed up...

Bluefield_Rules

He needs a better research associate ...

Little said there is still a question if the Bluefield-Graham game will be broadcast on its website

“It is going to be simulcast, each school gets a $500 scholarship..., and we’re going to have a player in the hall of fame,” Marrs said.

WVVA and the Bluefield Daily Telegraph have some egg on their face too...what a mess.

Yes, because they listened to Marrs and didn't do any checking of their own for more information. Everyone makes mistakes, but to mislead the community, media outlets, etc. for an extended period of time is rough. I'm just glad he did take full responsibility.

Yes, because they listened to Marrs and didn't do any checking of their own for more information. Everyone makes mistakes, but to mislead the community, media outlets, etc. for an extended period of time is rough. I'm just glad he did take full responsibility.

What a fiasco. It proves two larger points:

1. That the local media is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. I'm afraid that my birds would get sick from the "stupid" if I lined their cages with it. But we already knew that.

2. Marrs's mistake is telling in two ways. First, it's an oversight that's beyond egregious. It shows that he's not paying general attention to his program (which he is, judging from the record). Second, it goes to show that he will persist in believing something, even to his own detriment, until called out upon it. Mule-headedness is a terrible thing, especially in a landscape that changes as often as HS football does.

I weep for the future.

What a fiasco. It proves two larger points:

1. That the local media is G-A-R-B-A-G-E. I'm afraid that my birds would get sick from the "stupid" if I lined their cages with it. But we already knew that.

2. Marrs's mistake is telling in two ways. First, it's an oversight that's beyond egregious. It shows that he's not paying general attention to his program (which he is, judging from the record). Second, it goes to show that he will persist in believing something, even to his own detriment, until called out upon it. Mule-headedness is a terrible thing, especially in a landscape that changes as often as HS football does.

I weep for the future.

Garbage? Sick from stupid? They were told that ESPN was coming to town by the head coach of one of the teams involved. Why would they doubt that?

sounds like an honest mistake to me...we've all made them...this one was just public, and a bit odd.

The local media do a pretty good job for the most part...it would be pretty "stupid" around here without them.

if i was the team and community i would be more worried about 3 straight losing seasons.

And the lack of participation and number of kids who leave the team.....

I think a coach is somebody who inspires and motivates kids to come out for a team and play and be a part of something special...not motivate kids to quit.