So, who are the best teams in SWVA this year?

gcdevils47

The only comparisons to be done...... look at last year's teams and shared opponents:

C'Burg beat Carroll County 23-7 reg. season

Richlands beat CC 21-13 reg. season

C'Burg lost to Cave Spring 14-21 reg. season

Richlands lost to CS 21-35 playoffs

C'burg is a quality team and Richlands respects them as such.....I'm sure some in C'burg would say the same about Richlands.

I always enjoy going to Legion. You always know your going to see a good football game and big crowds !

Good luck to you guys and like you I hope that both teams come out injury free. I really hope all the teams playing in the area on Friday night to be injury free. I hate to see these young men get hurt.

I'm still paying for 3 knee surgeries ( arthritis in both ) and I'm looking at a knee replacement in the near future, so I cringe every time I see one go down.

Yeah im guessing you all will win, we lost some depth because some of our players quit this year. Im not saying that to get you all pumped thinking your gonna come in and roll us thinking its gonna be an easy game, but we really did lose about 3 or 4 players just to them quitting. But it still should be a good game.

I will give it to you guys from richlands you are the best team west of the new river except pulaski co. Christiansburg has beaten radford floyd and giles the past couple of years the ar the ones usuall in the state championship game . We went down to powell valley and beat them pretty bad in a scrimmage and didn't get invited back. Tied richlands in a scrimmage with a average team . We beat carroll co ever time we play them if the river ridge isnt the best its pretty close behind the seminole or the districts from northern virginia i.e. Broad run who beat amherst for the state last two years.

You are bringing scrimmages into this? Scrimmages mean nothing. Besides you scrimmaged PV two years in a row and split with them as far as winning them went. PV beat Christiansburg the second year and was probably the 3rd best team in the LPD that year. Fact is Christiansburg has never really been thought of much a team. Also the year Christiansburg tied with Richlands in their scrimmage Richland made the state title game. What happened to Christiansburg once real play started that year? Since 1970 Christiansburg has only won what two Region Titles and have never made a state title appearance? If you are going to talk the talk you need to have walked the walk. Some of the single a teams you have talked down about have double a titles.

Let's not get carried away...christiansburg was just a hair away from a state title game at d-4 in Virginia last year. They are a very good football team, as well. I'd love to see that matchup.

Was just messing with the guy when I made that statement. Truth is they finally do have a good team and could finally win that first state title. CBurg and Richlands would make for a great game this year. But fact is year in year out CBurg just hasnt been that great. They seem to get a good team once or twice every 15 years or so. Richlands has more tradition than CBurg does as does most of the single a teams in this area.

i'm not soar at anyone just trying to make conversation and compare teams sorry if i hurt anyone. can we talk more football.

I am not sore at you. Was only messing with you some. Yes lets talk football. I hope you guys do bring home the D4 trophy this year. And I think you guys could carry Amhersts Slopbucket only losing to them by what 2 points last year?

Yeah im guessing you all will win, we lost some depth because some of our players quit this year. Im not saying that to get you all pumped thinking your gonna come in and roll us thinking its gonna be an easy game, but we really did lose about 3 or 4 players just to them quitting. But it still should be a good game.

who quit

Looking at the scores they could have beaten tech back in those days. and i'm a tech fan. sounds like they had a heck of a team.

They have had some pretty good teams over the years. You can look at all their seasons here. http://www.scott.k12.va.us/gchsfootball/Electronic%20Scrapbook.htm

They won state in 1970,1974,1997, and 2003. The best Defense to ever come through GC was in 1965. Only had 6 points scored on them the whole season. http://www.scott.k12.va.us/gchsfootball/yearpages/1965.htm