early season district favorites

redtiger

Lonesome Pine

PV seems to be better than what was expected JJKelly seems to be solid JI Burton has opened it up Clintwood looked good but are not world beaters. What everyone thought was a 2 team race for the LPD title may actually be between those four

Cumberland

Thomas Walker, defending district champs and the preseason favorite took a hard loss last night Coeburn has looked much improved so far and may contend Castlewood has to be in the discussion after beating TW St. Paul may hve the mosttalent in te district but has to produce on the field

Black Diamond

Honaker is solid(richlands doesent count because they are loaded), has a strong running game and maybe enough of a passing game to give teams fits Hurley has looked good so far against below average competition the question is will the rebels weak schedule prepare them for the last two games of the season Haysi took a hard loss to clintwood last night but dont count the tigers out they will cut back on those turnovers and be a hard team to beat by the end of the season

Clinch Mountain

Gate City is still the favorite after flexing their muscle against an outmanned buldogs team

Lebanon has some things to work on and probably is out of the race for 1st Virginia High has looked solid but are not up to beating the devils Lee poor Lee if they could put together a complete game they would be a tough team but since they cant are completly out of the race for 1st

Southwest

Richlands, the Blue Tornadoes are talented, BIG and have a coach that knows how to maxamize the talenthe has far and away the #1 team Grundy has loked sold after a tough schrimmage against clintwood, it appears that they have it figured out, not in a position to win a title but definately contend for second Carroll County, dont know much about the cavaliers(not many do) but they seem to be a pretty good team but they arent richlands( the Grundy/CC game could be a good one) as far as the rest, there should be some pretty good football in the SWD, not high level but good games

Just my thoughts so far. I would also like to say that I am that I am $#*! proud of Twin Valley, way to play boys, they dont stand a chance against the tigers or the rebels but may win a few games this year

George Wythe looks like the clear favorite so far in the HOGO. I think Chilhowie will be the only team that could possible beat them. Other district teams have been poor so far.

Who do you feel the best team in Region C Division 2 is?

In the LPD I think Burton and Clintwood are a step ahead of PV and Kelly (Hard to tell how good Kelly is till they play someone with a win)

I had heard that PV may have the best line at the school since the mid 90's which is nothing but great for the vikes so long as there other position players jell

Burton has a GREAT D and I for one have been surprised at how well there O is still putting up points after losing Mr everything (Miles) to graduation

Clintwood will be tough to judge until they get all there players back in the lineup

The BDD is interesting with Hurly looking very good early but it is a long season and Hurley, Honaker and Haysi all play each other near the end of the season

The CD is wide open for St Paul, Castlewood or Coeburn (And TW is not out of it yet)

CMD is GCs to lose with VHS being the only school I can see with a shot at knocking them off

Who do you feel the best team in Region C Division 2 is?

Add D1 to that

Counts you are right about clintwood, they are not at full strength. As far as JJKelly, I think they will try to pass a little more this year and as always limit mistakes. I dont think they have the talent of Clintwood/Burton but I think they will be a tough team that just keeps comming at you and throws the ball well enough to keep opposing defenses off balance(much like what PV seems to be doing). I dont know if its really a 4 way race but I could seePV or JJK knocking off clintwood or JIB

Edited by redtiger