Boise St vs. VT

Big Orange 1

Another head scratcher for me was Stinespring saying during the Summer how tough it would be to run at BSU (between the tackles) and VT did it anyway. Oregon and TCU tried the same thing last year and look where that got them. People that picked VT to win all said the same thing: "VT has more athletes/playmakers and will wear BSU down in the end." The same reasons were given about Oklahoma and Oregon vs BSU and the results were the same.

It's a disappointing loss. Probably the most disappointing the football program has ever had and probably the worst quarter they have ever played in the Beamer era. They need to move on. There are more games to play.

Kellan Moore isn't a top 5 QB. His arm strengh is laughable. He is a smart QB who plays with alot of poise and gives his guys a chance to make plays. He wins games but honestly look at the competition. If Boise was in a major conference they are at least a two loss team. They are good. I will admit that. But they are not the 3rd best team in America. No way.....

VT has talent all over the field on offense. Yet they continue to find ways not to use it. It is unbelievable to me that you have a backfield like what is in Blacksburg right now and you don't commit yourself to running the football. It is just plain bad coaching......

Simple question for friend VOL61; is he better than the last 5 QBs to play on Rocky Top? Is he better than the one you will start this year. Talk about arm strength all you want, he just wins.

Did you love it as much as the last Chick-fil-A Bowl?

I actually liked the game a lot better than the Chick-fil-a bowl. It is also sad that beating UT at their lowest point in the last 30 years is your programs signature win. But I guess when you go 1-26 vs. the top 5. You have to take what you can get….. Face it guys these are the glory years of VT football. 1 and 26. But hey enjoy it…….

Simple question for friend VOL61; is he better than the last 5 QBs to play on Rocky Top? Is he better than the one you will start this year. Talk about arm strength all you want, he just wins.

No he isn't. Anige was a better QB when Cutcliffe was there. And yea he wins. He wins against a WAC schedule. Who has he beaten? TCU? Come on? VT? Everybody knows how Tech plays in big games. Would I take him over Simms. Probably. But Simms hasn't really had his shot yet has he. There is no doubt Tech and Boise are both better than UT right now. Like I said it is the glory years right now at Tech. So enjoy it. It is alright....

Ainge he gives me. With Cutcliffe in 2006, Ainge and the Vols go 9-4 and lose in the in the Outback Bowl. Say what you want about Moore, he wins and he wins big games. I would have expected him to come back with a Clausen.

Ainge he gives me. With Cutcliffe in 2006, Ainge and the Vols go 9-4 and lose in the in the Outback Bowl. Say what you want about Moore, he wins and he wins big games. I would have expected him to come back with a Clausen.

In 2006 UT lost to Then #7 Florida, #13 LSU, and #11 Arkansas in the regular season. Ainge missed both the LSU and Arkansas games. In the Florida game UT had an interception return for a TD called back and lost 21-20. LSU scored on the finial play of the game to win. Arkansas wore us out. Mcfadden and Jones where unstopable that night. Also the bowl game UT was driving for go ahead touchdown late in the 4th quarter till Foster fumbled and Penn St. returned it for TD.

Of the 12 games UT had during year 5 were against teams ranked #13 or higher.

I would loved to have seen this Boise St. team face that schedule. I would love to see your all everything QB against those defense's. Kellan Moore is a smart QB who plays with poise and he doesn't make many mistakes. But he isn't a great player. Far from it. I mean he has beaten TCU in a bowl game, Oregon to open the season last year, VT to open the season this year. Besides that ........ nothing. And if you watched the Oregon game or the Tech game. It was clear both of those teams were better than Boise. Moore made no throws that wowed you. He wins. But i mean how hard is it to win against their schedule. And in case you don't know who is on their schedule. I listed it here......... it is a joke......

Virginia Tech

Sat, Sep 18 Wyoming

Sat, Sep 25 Oregon State

Sat, Oct 02 New Mexico State *

Sat, Oct 09 Toledo

Sat, Oct 16 San Jose State *

Tue, Oct 26 Louisiana Tech *

Sat, Nov 06 Hawai'i *

Fri, Nov 12 Idaho *

Fri, Nov 19 Fresno State *

Fri, Nov 26 Nevada *

Sat, Dec 04 Utah State *

You miss the point my friend. You brought up Ainge, as better than Kellen Moore. I cited 2006 since you said he was so good with Cutcliffe. (No argument, Cutcliffe is the best coach of QBs in the college game.) I point out UT's results in 2006 with Ainge and Cutcliffe as a measure of Ainge's ability. You give me a screed on how Ainge was hurt, UT lost to ranked teams etc. Then you attack Boise's schedule. Kellen Moore has no control over his school's schedule anymore than Ainge had over injury.

No argument that the SEC, Big 10 and all the other BCS conferences are tougher than where Boise plays, but it is a rigged game for the power conferences.

Will you agree that most BCS schools will not play home and home with Boise? (UT is an exception, they have a history of playing home and home with quality non-conference foes.) Will you agree that Boise makes an effort to play quality non-conference schools? Will you agree that the BCS is a cartel that works primarily for the benefit of its members, the 6 "Power Conferences?" They are moving to a more competitive conference, but you haven't seen the Big 12 or PAC 10 look to add them as members. If all of this is true, and it is, how does Boise improve their schedule?

Regardless of the schedule, my opinion remains that Kellan Moore is among the best QBs in the nation by the one measure that truly counts. To paraphrase Al Davis, "He just wins baby." In 3+ years it hasn't mattered if it was VA Tech, Oregon, TCU he wins the big games. 27-1 since he was made the starter. Last time I checked, all college programs count the win no matter what the opposition. (Are the VOLs not counting wins this year against UT-Martin, UK and Vandy if they get them?)

To up you knowledge on him here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellen_Moore

Edited by Hacker

I understand the point. I disagree Kellan Moore is a Top 5 QB.

I do agree it isn't his fault about the schedule. I do agree it isn't Boise's fault. They want to play the best. But I do not agree they are the 3rd best team in the country or he is a top 5 QB. I think to compare Kellan Moore to the best out there they have to play more than 3 legit teams over a 3 year span. He wins games. But they don't play enough quailty teams to say the kid is one of the 5 best QB's out there. I mean if you just look at his ability to throw the football alone. It is almost laughable. He has one of the weakest arms I have seen play D1. He is smart. He doesn't make mistakes. But that doesn't mean he is a top 5 QB. At least not to me.

I think Boise is a good team. They are a two loss team though. IMO. If you put them in any Major conference. Put them in the ACC. Let them play Ga. Tech, UNC, Miami, FSU, even the NC States, Wakes, Dukes. I mean to say Kellan Moore is an elite player. It takes more than what he has on his resume. Whoever's fault that is doesn't really matter. It is what it is. It is just hard for me to give alot of respect to Boise when you look at that WAC schedule. You have to do it every week IMO if you want to play with the big boys at the end of the year. Not just one or maybe two decent games....

I think Boise is a good team. They are a two loss team though. IMO. If you put them in any Major conference. Put them in the ACC. Let them play Ga. Tech, UNC, Miami, FSU, even the NC States, Wakes, Dukes. I mean to say Kellan Moore is an elite player. It takes more than what he has on his resume. Whoever's fault that is doesn't really matter. It is what it is. It is just hard for me to give alot of respect to Boise when you look at that WAC schedule. You have to do it every week IMO if you want to play with the big boys at the end of the year. Not just one or maybe two decent games....

Boise would go undefeated in the Big East, and more than likely the ACC. Both BCS conferences.

Are we now faulting teams like VT because they don't play Alabama/Florida or USC/Oregon every year?

Because by your logic, we sure should.

I understand the point. I disagree Kellan Moore is a Top 5 QB.

I do agree it isn't his fault about the schedule. I do agree it isn't Boise's fault. They want to play the best. But I do not agree they are the 3rd best team in the country or he is a top 5 QB. I think to compare Kellan Moore to the best out there they have to play more than 3 legit teams over a 3 year span. He wins games. But they don't play enough quailty teams to say the kid is one of the 5 best QB's out there. I mean if you just look at his ability to throw the football alone. It is almost laughable. He has one of the weakest arms I have seen play D1. He is smart. He doesn't make mistakes. But that doesn't mean he is a top 5 QB. At least not to me.

I don't think I'd be on here blasting Tech when Oregon is rolling into Knoxville on Saturday night. That's all I'm saying.

I congratulated the VT fans on here last year after you beat our brains out in the Chik-fil-a bowl. The better team won. No doubt. Now on to the present. Boise State does nothing but win, their schedule. . .it is what it is. They beat VT 3000 miles from home. VT has one of the most versatile QB's and top running backs in the country. I'm an SEC fan, but I dont see how and why so many people doubt Boise St.'s ability to play with the big boys. If they run the table and are the ONLY undefeated team left, after starting number 3 in the rankings, how in the world are they denied a chance to play for the NC. On the flip side . . . As young and inexperienced as Tenn is this year, given BSU's schedule, I honestly think we would lose to VT and at worst go 9-3. I still say if VT would have ran TT on third and long with the lead, instead of an incomplete pass (and a free timeout to Boise, who was out of timeouts), there would be no argument for BSU. JMHO.

I congratulated the VT fans on here last year after you beat our brains out in the Chik-fil-a bowl. The better team won. No doubt. Now on to the present. Boise State does nothing but win, their schedule. . .it is what it is. They beat VT 3000 miles from home. VT has one of the most versatile QB's and top running backs in the country. I'm an SEC fan, but I dont see how and why so many people doubt Boise St.'s ability to play with the big boys. If they run the table and are the ONLY undefeated team left, after starting number 3 in the rankings, how in the world are they denied a chance to play for the NC. On the flip side . . . As young and inexperienced as Tenn is this year, given BSU's schedule, I honestly think we would lose to VT and at worst go 9-3. I still say if VT would have ran TT on third and long with the lead, instead of an incomplete pass (and a free timeout to Boise, who was out of timeouts), there would be no argument for BSU. JMHO.

Well stated.

We must remember that BCS does stand for Big Cash Suckas to the 6 Power Conferences who don't want to lose any of the $$$$ to the Boise States of the world.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Boise would go undefeated in the Big East, and more than likely the ACC. Both BCS conferences.

Are we now faulting teams like VT because they don't play Alabama/Florida or USC/Oregon every year?

Because by your logic, we sure should.

Eh, not so fast my friend.

BSU has a CHANCE to go undefeated in those conferences. The fact that they have not played a complete schedule like even a lowly ACC or BE schedule, may have an effect. BSU does do well with plenty of time to prepare, but when you get two top 25 teams in a row or even sandwhiched between a mediocre team, things can happen. A higher level of competition may also show other opponents weaknesses as well.

Playing every week against a BCS team, IMO would make a difference, at least for the first couple of years.

Not to mention, the rumor is that BSU will go anywhere and play anyone for one game......for a price. I heard on rivals radio today that price is a lot more than a million. That is why no one wants to play them OOC. BSU wants way too much money.