My opinion on VT football

the watcher

In certain areas of coaching , VT staff does a great job . In game preparation early games and usually bowl games they do not although the last two have been better , not looking at the bowl game as a reward . Tech has only been totally blown out once and that was LSU - they just had a much better team at that point . Auburn , Georgia , USC , Kansas and this game have all been a result of not being prepared as well as the other team . Mistakes , not talent have been the engine that drives these Tech teams . With all the problems they had early how many points would they have scored if it was not for those ? After they literally gave Boise 17 points , Tech outscored Boise 30-16 mainly with Tyrod's patience , not forcing anything . He was truly a team leader . The special teams were horrible . Will they improve ? Yes but why does it always fall apart in big games? Either the offense or special teams breaking down . The defense gave us what we expected , inexperience , some problems but short fields made it hard on them .

blaim it on beamer and steinspring. all the had to do was hand the ball off to williams or evans for two 3 yard gains and the game was over. going for two when they did't need to.calling time out at the end of the half.tyrod did good but he had three passes fall short that were possible long td's.left side of the line is weak. D looked like they were lost in coverage boise set the up well didn't know if they were gonna pass or run. #2 burned them down the middle. d is gonna have a long year .

Steinspring's idea of a passing game is:

1.) Four "button hooks".

2.) Four "go-routes", and in the event that none of the receivers break open on sheer athletic ability, the quarterback hauls a$$.

It's the worst designed passing attack I've ever seen.

How does a thread on UT football get hijacked. First the original poster spends his time talking about other stuff and mostly Tech.

In my opinion, I will not comment on a coaching staff that is just getting started. Let's give them a chance to prove themselves.

As for those who think I love to bash UT, think again. Where I grew up it was UK basketball and UT football. My knowledge goes back to the days of Bill Battle.

I agree need new off. Cord does anyone remember a feew years back at vt when everyone knew they where going to run one more time and kick a field goal to win they where ranked in the top five at the time jake eas the kicker that always had trouble from the left they had the ball in the center of the field and ran left for a yard gain. Monday u stay in bounds and run taylor on 3rd and take a 5 yrd pen on 4th and you leave boise with less than a min but I think taylor gets the first game over

1.) Four "button hooks".

2.) Four "go-routes", and in the event that none of the receivers break open on sheer athletic ability, the quarterback hauls a$$.

This is so accurate. Lmao

1.) Four "button hooks".

Tell'em, Visor-Boy!!!