Grundy/Hurley Recap

swvasport_7

Final Grundy 62-14

Well for the people who thought it was going to be a wire to wire game going down to the last few mins was flat out wrong. Hurley just didn't have the team to match up with Grundy, I remember posting my prediction score on here and putting 40 something to 14 Grundy and people was calling me a homer, I really wasan't being one though. Grundy was running the ball with ease tonight, and Hurley couldn't do much aganist our D. Not trying to run down Hurley but no means, I always root for them if there not playing Grundy it just got annoying everybody calling for a close game and some predicting Hurley, kinda like when we played East Ridge.

It was jammed packed tonight at the Cliff, that whole section of bleachers was filled up...should have brought some good gate money in.

Grundy plays at Haysi next Friday night, since East Ridge pretty much had there way with them when they faced scrimmage earlier this year I don't look for it to be much of a game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Grundy. The Wave were more physical but I don't think faster than Hurley. The Rebels what can I say, you guys flat out quit in the mid 3rd quarter. PERIOD!!!! I don't won't to hear any crap saying you didn't or you couldn't do any better or any other lame ass excuses.

On a side note, I like to give Greg Rowe the humanitarian award. Ole' Greg kicked an onside kick with a 21 point lead, then when no huddle when it was 50 something to 14 to score again and never took the first string out with the lone exception of Tanner Marshall.

I know Hurley's defense should have stopped the scoring but I would have liked to seen Hurley and Grundy's 9th. and 10th graders get a little action instead of watching the crap I was watching.

Tonight was something the Grundy kids took personal...they were looking forward to this game before the season started...so congrats to them for taking care of business.

Grundy is a lot better than most people think...that's all I'm saying about it.

To say that it's ok to do that because the kids from Grundy took it personal doesn't make it right though friend,and you know that (had it been anybody other than your boys doing it,you'd say as much). Tonight we were up 39-0 vs Patrick Henry at halftime,and subs coming in and starters out the entire 2nd half. Up 45-14 with our backups in at the PH 1 yd line with seconds left,and we take a knee. That's the way it is supposed to be done. What you do to folks comes back to you in time. You'd think that as many beatings that the Wave have taken over the last few years (much like we were taking them also),that this is the last thing you'd see Grundy do.

The personal thing I don't see because the boys hadn't played each other since 4th. grade. The 2 varsity teams hadn't played each other since 2002. I know and you know that Hurley was outplayed and outmanned when it was 35-6 so don't you kind of think the young boys should have got a chance to play.

well yeah of course... but with the internet and this wonderful site.... I don't blame Grundy for leaving no doubt and putting a big ! on the win.... lol

You know, I hate to wish ill will to a Buch. County school but I hope that Richlands leaves their starters in the whole game. I don't want there to be "any doubt and putting the big !" on who is the "bull of the woods" in the SWD.

Notice my Dusty Rhodes saying, because Tully Blanchard never could beat him without a little help.

just remember payacks is heck yes hurley came out just as flat as i have ever seen them they had a few starters sick tonight and they still tried to play so grundy can go ahead and bragg all they want they earned it ,there wasnt anyone on that team a 100 percent tonight and i know how they feel i have the same thing it takes all your energy out of you iam not takeing nothing from grundy tonight but some of them hurley boys was sick and it really showed from the first to the end

To say that it's ok to do that because the kids from Grundy took it personal doesn't make it right though friend,and you know that (had it been anybody other than your boys doing it,you'd say as much). Tonight we were up 39-0 vs Patrick Henry at halftime,and subs coming in and starters out the entire 2nd half. Up 45-14 with our backups in at the PH 1 yd line with seconds left,and we take a knee. That's the way it is supposed to be done. What you do to folks comes back to you in time. You'd think that as many beatings that the Wave have taken over the last few years (much like we were taking them also),that this is the last thing you'd see Grundy do.

good thing we didn't run the fake punt.

we dont care if you run a fake punt up greg rows ying yang like i said before when you all get in to distric you will loose every game anyway we thought greg row was a class act but he proved that tonight he was class trash lot of people putting him way down over that onside kick

we dont care if you run a fake punt up greg rows ying yang like i said before when you all get in to distric you will loose every game anyway we thought greg row was a class act but he proved that tonight he was class trash lot of people putting him way down over that onside kick

that was the best part of the game...we gave you 14 points, what more do you want?

yeah well...that guy has been talking it all year..so...ya know.

I'm picking up what you are laying down. Oh yea, I love the mullet on your profile. I had one of those back in the day, now it looks like I got the mange. lol

well yeah of course... but with the internet and this wonderful site.... I don't blame Grundy for leaving no doubt and putting a big ! on the win.... lol
I guess this game made you feel better than your win over pound!!!.....

Congrats to Grundy. The Wave were more physical but I don't think faster than Hurley. The Rebels what can I say, you guys flat out quit in the mid 3rd quarter. PERIOD!!!! I don't won't to hear any crap saying you didn't or you couldn't do any better or any other lame ass excuses.

On a side note, I like to give Greg Rowe the humanitarian award. Ole' Greg kicked an onside kick with a 21 point lead, then when no huddle when it was 50 something to 14 to score again and never took the first string out with the lone exception of Tanner Marshall.

I know Hurley's defense should have stopped the scoring but I would have liked to seen Hurley and Grundy's 9th. and 10th graders get a little action instead of watching the crap I was watching.

If you wanted to see the young guys, you should have went to the jv game on Thursday night at Grundy. Hurley and Grundy's kids played there Thursday night. They got their four quarters, the varsity played on Friday night. If you are interested in the young kids, get a jv schedule from your coach and go watch them when they play.