Reggie Bush?

Gym

They will revote. At least thats what I was lead to believe.

I see two problems with this. First, a player's NFL performance could hypothetically affect the future votes of the committee. Second, we're 5 years removed from this: how can one put his/her mind back in time and vote without being swayed by years of removal and years of forgetfulness?

It should be rewarded to the runner-up, Vince Young.

As a less desirable alternative, leave it empty.

I see two problems with this. First, a player's NFL performance could hypothetically affect the future votes of the committee. Second, we're 5 years removed from this: how can one put his/her mind back in time and vote without being swayed by years of removal and years of forgetfulness?

It should be Young. Hands down.

I agree with you......five years ago a lot was different...and will it really mean as much now???

if all the truth came out there would be alot of the players thats not eligible / probably some in every school

You are right....I don't care who you pull for they are all guilty

The Heisman Trophy has no credibility anymore with me since it is awarded to the best player on the best team in a particular year. No one on a team with two losses hardly gets a vote or look from the committee.

The Heisman Trophy reminds me of the Nobel Prize now.

It should be Young. Hands down.

In the same way that they give the Gold Medal to the Silver medalist in the Olympics after DQ's down the road, I think they should give it to Young. "They" (whoever that is) go to great lengths to tally and announce the second, third, fourth, etc. place finishers, so we know who it is. Now all we need to do is just send him the Trophy.

1st off, I always heard that Reggie Bush wasn't eligible that year but I never heard why so could someone please tell me what happened and what rules he broke.

2nd, I heard that if it was going to go to anyone it would go to Vince Young but Young might not want to receive it.

1st off, I always heard that Reggie Bush wasn't eligible that year but I never heard why so could someone please tell me what happened and what rules he broke.

2nd, I heard that if it was going to go to anyone it would go to Vince Young but Young might not want to receive it.

#1 - "improper benefits"...he was getting paid more then than he is now in the NFL...

#2 - Young has already said if the Heisman Committee came knocking, he'd definitely open the door.

None of it matters though, as they have decided to leave it vacant...

1. The Heisman voting is a joke. The person with the most total points from votes wins, not the person with the most first-place votes. So, if a person is considered to be the best player in college football (because he had the most people think he should get first place) but gets less second-place votes than another guy, he won't win the Heisman (example: Tim Tebow in 2008 when Bradford won the Heisman). The voting system is horrible; if more people vote for you to be in first place than the other candidates, you should win. You shouldn't lose the Heisman voting because less people thought you were the third best player in football.

2. A re-vote would be an incredibly stupid idea. As Observer said, you can't just ask people to vote on something that happened 5 years ago.

3. If anything is done with the trophy, give it to Young or leave it vacant. Young was the runner-up so he would be an easy choice. If anything, base it on the national championship game, which was one of the best performances anyone has or will ever see in any sporting event.

I see that he was not eligible due to getting paid and stuff while he was there . What i do not understand is how in the world did that help on the feild that he should have had the trophy taken away he was by far the best player that year and to me if they had to take it from him then they did the right thing by not giving it to anyone because there was no one better than him that year.

I see that he was not eligible due to getting paid and stuff while he was there . What i do not understand is how in the world did that help on the feild that he should have had the trophy taken away he was by far the best player that year and to me if they had to take it from him then they did the right thing by not giving it to anyone because there was no one better than him that year.

Because he shouldn't have been on the field period for receiving those improper benefits...therefore, his "season" shouldn't have happened. But he was, and at the time, it did, but now, it doesn't...justice is served...

So what your telling me Gman is that without those benefits that Reggie would not have been playing college football anywhere was USC the only team that wanted him because in my opinion he would have done the same thing anywhere else.

So what your telling me Gman is that without those benefits that Reggie would not have been playing college football anywhere was USC the only team that wanted him because in my opinion he would have done the same thing anywhere else.

No, what I'm saying is due to receiving "improper benefits" the NCAA would have declared him ineligible to play at the college level...for anybody...period...meaning he would have never played anywhere, at all, the year he was awarded the Heisman.

What you and others are failing to realize is the NCAA would have punished both the school and the player. Now, since the player is already in the NFL, the school is the only one being punished by the NCAA.